Will it affect my rating?

This week I have had four or five returns. I usually don't get many and never complain or argue if there's a issue il send a returns label and pay up. Even if it's petty like a small tiny mark on a pair of chinos that can be washed out! (No matter how much this pains me) I've had a few all at once (seems I'm having a bad week) this week and I have a jacket somebody wants to return. I don't have to refund it it says as it's the wrong size they bought and it doesn't fit them. If I don't accept the return will it effect my rating and are they able to leave me bad feedback?

Any advice is good advice.

Nick 😊 

Message 1 of 5
See Most Recent
4 REPLIES 4

Im a above average seller and it says "if reviewed now I would be below" which stresses me out! 🤦🏻‍♂️

Message 2 of 5
See Most Recent

If you keep cancelling orders, you could end up with issues from Ebay, on top of your account details next year with hmrc. 

Message 4 of 5
See Most Recent

From your second post in this thread, you have answered your main question.

Having a high proportion of returns will affect your rating.  However, you should have other concerns regarding your account.

You should accept the return of the wrong size jacket.

Currently, your returns policy is illegal and goes against the Consumer Rights Act.  If buyers make an online purchase from a business, they have a legal right to return it for any reason.  You are clearly trading - nobody has 1500 unwanted items of clothing in their home (current items for sale plus your sales this year are about 1500) - and you state in your item description that your clothing is 'hunted down'.

You should upgrade to a business account.  Private accounts are for selling your own unwanted items, not hundreds of items bought to sell.

See the link in the reply from @four_mid_able  to change your account.

You should urgently add minimum 14 day returns to your items.

You should make sure your accounts are in order for when HMRC come knocking.

"There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
Søren Kierkegaard, Danish philosopher (1813 - 1855)
Message 5 of 5
See Most Recent