Seller Central
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

eBay 2024 1st Quarter Results - Groundhog Day

For those interested; late yesterday (UK time) eBay's first quarter results for 2024 were announced. As expected now, for the last 8 quarters, eBay active buyers were flat (although down 1% year-on-year). Active sellers, well we don't know that figur...

User avatar by Guide
  • 3 replies
  • 4 kudos

Buyer wants to return item. Scam?

I recently sold a vintage Star Wars item on eBay for a decent amount of money. Having sold loads of stuff recently on eBay and never had a problem, as soon as the buyer paid, I parcelled it up and sent without thinking. It was only after sending that...

Sending offers to buyers

Sending offers to buyers appears to be a complete waste of time, few take up the offer as they were only looking or are selling something similar, and those that do quite often fail to pay. This leaves the item in limbo for 4 days. Better to just ign...

Have I gone crazy?

 Buyer requested a return, after going back and forth stating i dont accept them and the description was accurate I eventually caved. When i reveiced the return, the camera was dirty but the serial number checked out. upon closer inspection - the cam...

3 Photos Minimalist Instagram Story - 1.jpeg

Buyer returned wrong item from outside UK

Olympus camera 166409204997 Returns case 5327661781I sold a camera (listed uk buyers only) with a stated serial number, on 31st Oct '23, but it was bought by a buyer in Georgia, Eastern Europe, with a delivery address in Finchley, London. This was of...

Resolved! Is this usual?

I am a little confused as i very rarely get a return. Sold an item and accepted an INAD (i may be about to be scammed but thats another story)So through the case i sent a Parcelforce label for the buyer to return it. The Buyer has been really slow in...

Advice please

Hi, the buyer bought the lawnmower on February 25, 2024 for £399. After 2 months, on April 24, he writes to me that he used it for the first time (if this is true) and the mower stopped working after 2 hours of use. The mower was sold as used, in ver...

How much time does buyer have to accept partial refund?

Hi,I sold an item which I stated that was non refundable, but the buyer still wanted a refund and selected the reason as "item not as described". After a conversation I realised that he has not read the description. Anyway, I offered him a partial re...

User avatar by Member
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

eBay now allow defamatory comments!

Please be aware everyone that eBay now consider defamatory remarks to be perfectly admissable on their site! I was deliberately called arrogant in order to ruin my hard earned reputation. The very definition of defamation is to make remarks in order ...

HMRC data sharing

Can someone confirm when they have stated "starting January 1st 2024" they will being to share all data with HMRC does that mean that all sales starting from Jan 1st 2024 will be shared in the new format? I know historically that they have shared dat...

Got selling related questions? Start here: