Ooooh... buyers can now add photos to their feedback???

Just leaving some feedback for items I have bought and was asked to leave photos... blimey this is gonna set the cat among the pigeons. Anyone else experienced this yet?

Message 1 of 101
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Recent press article with to buyer feedback images:

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/other/buyer-s-remorse-people-share-hilarious-online-shopping-fails/a...

Just goes to show that the Item Specific 'Size' is completely ignored by buyers.

View solution in original post

Message 58 of 101
See Most Recent
100 REPLIES 100

If this is a new thing, will ebay remove the negatives left when the photo uploaded clearly shows the buyer is being less than truthful?

Message 2 of 101
See Most Recent

I've nothing against it but why don't ebay fix all the things that are broken before adding extra less important features?

Message 3 of 101
See Most Recent

@gothicrosegallery wrote:

If this is a new thing, will ebay remove the negatives left when the photo uploaded clearly shows the buyer is being less than truthful?

Aw, you are trusting! Who says the buyer will take a photo of the item they received? Besides anyone can make an item of clothing look awful if they take a shoddy photo. Not saying buyers will... buyers have already cottoned-on to the fact that if they make a habit of leaving rubbish fb they don't get their offers accepted... 

I have NO idea how this new toy will pan out.

I wonder if ebay was thinking buyers might leave delightful photos of themselves enjoying purchased items; like they do on other retail clothing sites anyway, where buyers photograph themselves wearing the clothes to get social media presence I guess... all a bit beyond me... I can't see ebay buyers doing that, but who knows...

... it's gonna be interesting!

Message 4 of 101
See Most Recent

What the heck are ebay expecting now? What would you post a photo of? I can see lots of negative feedbacks getting very interesting indeed, and I can also see lots of replies going all the way down the page, and that it will read like the script from a very bad soap opera. 🍿

******************************************************************************************
Powered by cats Cat Happy
Message 5 of 101
See Most Recent

"What fresh Hell is this ?"

Dorothy Parker

Message 6 of 101
See Most Recent

Mine is like usual.

Maybe eBay is trialing feedback photos and you are their chosen Guinea pig.

Message 7 of 101
See Most Recent

Will sellers be able to leave photo's in their reply?

That could really throw a spanner in the works. Photo's could shine a negative spotlight on a buyer.

Message 8 of 101
See Most Recent

Big river and others let buyers leave reviews, goes 2 ways

I've seen the bad but have noticed in the days of the blogger/vloggers people like to show the positive as well, posing with or child/pet/spouse wearing the product or how it looks in the kitchen/garden/car etc etc

My personal fav is on B&Q, I actively seek out reviews with photo's so I have a better idea of how the product will look in the real world not photo shopped

Will attract fridge magnets with nothing better to do than gripe but for some sellers its very good and free advertising

Message 9 of 101
See Most Recent

I sell craft materials, and on another site loads of the reviews submit an image of what the customer has made.  Then I get messages asking what colours have been used to make the item and, ker-ching, I get an order.

However, I don't get a warm and fluffy feeling about eBay buyers doing this.  I reckon it'll be an image of the whole family clustered around the opened package with miserable looks on their faces, babe in arms bawling. 

Message 10 of 101
See Most Recent

I just checked for an item I bought a month ago (bad experience but not so bad to leave negative feedback) and one I bought yesterday and neither have that option for me.

As rainbowtrax said, I'm sure most people would prefer the things that previously worked perfectly well and have been messed up and get fixed before experimenting with new ideas. Besides, the latest 'improvement' seems to make leaving feedback less convenient so this seems to be like the proverbial lipstick on a pig.

Message 11 of 101
See Most Recent

On other sites you can leave photos with your reviews I think it's great I do it myself as I always like to see them before buying 😊 I wonder if this new upgrade is the reason my account has been downgraded.....

Message 12 of 101
See Most Recent

'Seller only sent me 4 packs, I ordered 5.'  (4 packs in photo, 5th hidden from view.)

Hardly conclusive evidence is it? 🙄

Message 13 of 101
See Most Recent

But that is also a problem for buyers. If I could be bothered to search for it, I could link you to a thread I started a while ago about the second time I had bought a number of rolls of self-adhesive rubber strip (from two different sellers) only to receive one fewer than I paid for. How can that be proven? If I take a photo of, say, three, the seller could easily argue that I left one out.

Similarly, I have had sellers (particularly in China) asking me to send a photo showing that something won't switch on - if I was dishonest, how difficult would that be to fake?

Message 14 of 101
See Most Recent

Oh good 

“What we’ve got here is failure to communicate.”
Message 15 of 101
See Most Recent

Interesting! I've got this now, it's the standard feedback page with text entry, then stars, and then at the bottom it says 'Add up to 5 photos. Be sure the photos you upload are your own and follow eBay's photo policy.', then a bubble 'Photos coming soon. Try adding photos of this item to your Feedback. We'll be displaying them soon.'

I haven't tried it, maybe I'll give it a go to see what happens. Not sure if it is a positive development, I had a recent very long detailed feedback from a buyer who was unhappy with an item but hadn't contacted me to complain or return, I can imagine they would also have added multiple photos.

From a buyers point of view I can see where it would be useful if it's for example for real life pictures of items that only have studio or stock photos. Etsy let you add photos to reviews I think, maybe ebay are hoping for something more like that. Actually some of  my best experiences selling on ebay are where buyers have sent me pictures of the item they've bought slotted into their collection so maybe it could be a good thing.

Message 16 of 101
See Most Recent

Is this ebay's idea for boosting feedback numbers? I can see it might work in some categories like clothing. But for other more mudane, everyday items I very much doubt that buyers will be bothered. 

Message 17 of 101
See Most Recent

@gnosemalf wrote:

But that is also a problem for buyers. If I could be bothered to search for it, I could link you to a thread I started a while ago about the second time I had bought a number of rolls of self-adhesive rubber strip (from two different sellers) only to receive one fewer than I paid for. How can that be proven? If I take a photo of, say, three, the seller could easily argue that I left one out.

Similarly, I have had sellers (particularly in China) asking me to send a photo showing that something won't switch on - if I was dishonest, how difficult would that be to fake?

Reminds me of something I saw on Facebook where a landlord asked the tenant to send a photo of the hot water not working.  They sent a photo of a running tap with a caption saying it was cold water.

Message 18 of 101
See Most Recent

I had a thought...

.... when I get left a neg my first instinct is always to check the buyer's fb left for others and ALWAYS it is either full of negs or you can see the buyer is a nitpicker and has been given lots of partial refunds in the past. (Just to be clear, I get my fair share of dissatisfied buyers - but any reasonable buyer is placated with humble apologies and an offer of a free return). My instinct would be to screenshot that and use it as a photo reply... which I'm guessing ebay won't like...

As a pp said... feedback could start to look like a soap opera but then no seller wants that either.

Message 19 of 101
See Most Recent

Hahaha perfect! I'm going to chalk this one up to more utter madness from E-bay. I would of thought server space was at a premium with the crazy price of listing these days. (Shop fees + Lisitng fees). I guess this is what that increase in fees is paying for. Phots on feedback is possibly one of the worst ideas E-bay has ever foisted on us, though there is some heavy competition for the top spot. 

Message 20 of 101
See Most Recent