eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Collections
  • Get inspired!
Answer
naturalistic-angels
Community Member
Accepted Solution
what is eBay Europe Sarl? been charge money for it.

Hi can anyone please tell me, what is eBay Europe Sarl?  I have noticed in my PayPal account, that money has been deducted for this. Will I be charged every month for this? How do I cancel it, if I have accidently subscribed to it?

I cannot find a phone number anywhere, to contact ebay.

Accepted Solutions: 4
textileuniverse
Community Member
Answered
in reply to naturalistic-angels

Hi, the deduction will be for your monthly seeller fees, these should be deducted the same day every month.

If you are selling items before you click "list" the fees for that listing will be at the bottom of the page, a running total can be found by clicking on account

You can change the way you pay your fees from the account page-but they must be paid somehow

plum993
Community Member
Answered

When you sell ebay charge you fees,http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/sell/fees.html, and if you pay them by pay pal then its shows as ebay sarl europe. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

bikergirl-2008
Community Member
Answered

It's just eBay's trading name - nothing to worry about.

It's where all the payments go.

+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

Click both SAINTS and CINNERS to see the wonderful items we are selling to raise money for CHILDREN IN NEED
luise*75
Community Member
Answered

Ebay is registered as a company with limited liability in Luxembourgh (hence the s.a.r.l. ending) and this is where you pay your seller fees.

Other Answers: 22
my_sale2007
Community Member
Answered

Hi everyone, I do notice these payments recently and did a little investigation, I sell quite a lot a month and ending up paying a double ..I have used program which name is Outright to calculate my income and outcome and I have noticed what I pay one payment to ebay and another to ebay sarl.. I found an  option how to cancel the automatic maney take :you have to go to your pay pal account click profile, my money, scrool down and you will see update pre-approved payments, then press upgrade and cancel it You have to do it all the time after you sold an item...I am not sure about it, so I will cary on to find more information, I think this is kind of scam and a lot of people don't understand and even don't have time to investigate it properly..I will contact ebay for this matter.

Kind REgards

mazmerize2011
Community Member
Answered

eBay Europe Sarl :

It is meant to be payments to Ebay, but me and my mates have had random amounts taken out, with me I have had over £500 taken without any response from ebay, and Paypal said when you start an account with ebay its says you agree to let ebay automatically take payments for fess from your account - BUT I or MY MATES DON'T REMEMBER THAT.

Anyways be careful, we are discontinuing our accounts, we have been told Paypal can't refund - even tho they clearly say in their advertisments.

Good Luck people

gemmalou87
Community Member
Answered

hi ive just received an invoice from paypal saying ive made a payment to ebay europe sarl for £50.29!! I havent even used ebay to sell for years and when i did it werent no where near that much!!!! I want to know whats going on as this is out of order I have kids to feed I cant afford to lose money!!!!!!!!

mishaknight
Community Member
Answered
This has also happened to me on two separate occasions ebay Europe sarl has taken money from me. The second time they used a card that wasn't even mine it was my mums and it just been used on my pay pal once before. I feel hopeless as if I call it is going to cost me a lot of money on my phone bill and the online chat system to customer support is no help at all. I can't find an email to contact anybody on so now I don't know what to do. Over 35 pounds has been taken off of me since November and I really neee it refunded I have now stopped them taking money from my pay pal but still would be happy if I could have the money back
kat_a89
Community Member
Answered

When I saw my bank account I was worried why some money was given to eBay Europe Sarl. So I followed your instructions yesterday and cancelled the transaction on my PayPal, which was very straightforward.

So everytime we sell something new do we have to keep cancelling that specific transaction?

I was shocked to see that we are also getting charged for eBay Europe Sarl, I thought we just had to pay a small fee to paypal for every item that gets sold, but also a small amount to ebay when we list items and have to pay for pictures etc. I can't believe theres another fee involved that we were not aware of, and by the looks of things its taking A LOT of people's money! I think we should just all just keep cancelling the transactions on PayPal. I know we should read the smallprint everyime we sign up to something, but not making us aware of this Europe Sarl in the first place is annoying as we don't find out about it until the money has gone from our accounts.

It also seems unfair that we are selling our things on ebay hoping to make a little extra money, and then the majority of it is transferred elsewhere. I appreciate that companies need to make money somehow, but by taking the money we make off things, and in some cases charging an extortionate amount even if they haven't been selling for a while, is quite shocking.

As I said, I have cancelled the transaction, and I will keep doing so.

doogleblue
Community Member
Answered

I have been in touch with ebay regarding this and I have never sold or listed anything on ebay to sell. Its fraud and theft! Paypal are responsible, never mind any agreement you have or have not entered into, they are the ones debiting your accounts! keep on and get your money back!

swisulskik
Community Member
Answered

I have never sold anything on eBay yet, I do only buy things and got charged £20? hmm need to contact eBay scam :/

clairissacooper
Community Member
Answered

Its the fees for something you sold.... if you dont sell you dont get fees. Its  quarterly i think.

janeve-plumstead
Community Member
Answered

I've been charged small amounts each month by this 'eBay Europe Sarl' too, and I have no idea what it is. I now seem to have managed to cancel this monthly payment, but still have no idea what I've been paying for and nobody at Ebay has seen fit to inform me. Is this some sort of scam?

lkaweckalucyna
Community Member
Answered

this is thief your money from my bank account vanished 1.98 pound for what i dont know

naturalistic-angels wrote:

Hi can anyone please tell me, what is eBay Europe Sarl?  I have noticed in my PayPal account, that money has been deducted for this. Will I be charged every month for this? How do I cancel it, if I have accidently subscribed to it?

I cannot find a phone number anywhere, to contact ebay.

this is a thief from my bank account vanished 1.98 pound

ccli3707
Community Member
Answered

go 2 pat pal   and  cancel it  

pedro_style
Community Member
Answered

i was talking to them and they were like when u sell the item which it will pays by cash , they have to take theyre fees ...
its not their problem which costumer paid with paypal or cash ...
they want they Seller Fees and they will be able to take money without any permission of your account !
actually its fair enough though 

GUYS DONT THINK YOU ARE A SMART LAD , AT LEAST YOU HAVE TO PAY FEES 

fcss
Community Member
Answered
I found a payment made to Europe Sarl this morning and I've not sold on ebay in years, I'm not happy they've taken what looks like another regular payment for £9.99. I did find that id you go to paypal, click on the transaction details on your paypal account history page, then click 'view billing agreement details' you can then de-activate all payments. I know it'll probably effect selling but I'm not to fussed as I just want the stealth charges stopped.
hadaway7849
Community Member
Answered

who is ebay europe sarl

johnjoolesroberts84
Community Member
Answered
I dont sell however money has still been taken!
sam.1716
Community Member
Answered
I tried to pay for something on eBay using my PayPal and its saying my account is locked, when looking through my emails I have a message of PayPal saying I have cancelled payments to eBay Europe sarl but I have never heard of this!! I certainly haven't cancelled anything! Because of this I cnt access my PayPal so cnt use eBay
teeheeteeshirts
Community Member
Answered
Just been charge 3 lots of £160 this is joke, someone please give me some realistic advice....
lazenialingerie
Community Member
Answered

hi

can anyone help i payed my ebay fees as i thought i had ! thru my bank but then europe sarl took out 0ver £100 from my paypal and i still owe £127 so im really confused should this all be coming out

lynn_lowe
Community Member
Answered

do you know if you can cancel this ,,, i have been charged £18

marps2011
Community Member
Answered

what so your sayin im going to lose 37.76 a month for selling fees when i only sold one thing, thats a big joke i see people moaning at 6 or 7 pound but i can tell you now you lot have made everythin 5 times worse for me! it didnt say nothing about you lot taking stuff out  my back!

courteneymut
Community Member
Answered

I have just queried this and deleted permission for any further deductions -go to resolutions

holey.13
Community Member
Answered

**bleep**!