Stopping sellers using Evri

I am sure there will be many like me who are bemused how Evri are still in business.  I have had delivery after delivery fail or arrive late and nothing gets done because sellers keep using them.

I just did a Trust pilot search on Evri UK their one star rating from from 830 reviews is 97% one star, thats not a typo 97% one star.  Everi.co.uk have 3069 reviews on there which are slightly better only 96% one star reviews.  To put this into actual numbers of the 830 reviews  805 were 1 star and of the 3069 reviews 2,946 were 1 star.

So of the 3874 total reviews 3751 were 1 star .  Obviously e-Bay say they can't do anything about it 'as it does not affect their revenue', so the buyers are the only ones who can do anything, by not purchasing items from sellers who ship with Evri.  Sadly that will be part of my check from now on, ship with Evri I will buy elsewhere.

Message 1 of 56
See Most Recent
55 REPLIES 55

Issue is with trust pilot is that 99% of customers who get a decent service dont leave a review, 50% o customers who get a meh service will leave a review and 99% of customers who get a bad service will leave a  review. Also trust pilot only works if its truthful, its not, sites/stores can get truthful reviews removed, place I used to work had a full time staff member working on it. Evri just know they are terrible so dont try and fight it, just be cheap and people will still use you.

Message 2 of 56
See Most Recent

The fidures you quote ate a minute fraction of the eBay items delivered by Evri, and it is unlikely that a fairly representative proportion of people are contacting Trustpilot to say "Eberything worked out fine for me."

Online shopping deliveries are a huge and very lrcrative business, and Evri, since their early Hermes days, have learned a lot about investment and efficiency to get their share of it. I'm sure that detailed analysis would reveal far more buyers saying, as I can, that Evri has worked perfectly for me.

It seems a pity that sellers can specify "other courier", and unless they specify further in the listing, are doing no wrong whoever they choose. But one or two I would prefer to avoid are not Ebri. The remedy for your proble m might be choosing Royal Mail deliveries.

Did you notice that items arriving after the delivery estimate can be treated as misdescribed  under  to the Money Back Guarantees policy. as Not As Described? I think that should be used lightly, against sellers who have done their best to trim the estimates closely. But in aggravated cases, it's there.

Message 3 of 56
See Most Recent

Couriers and postal services are all pretty variable, and some work better for some types of goods and locations than others. For example, in our local area, Evri are actually pretty good and Royal Mail are appalling, but in other areas the reverse might be true.

When you're looking at an item, if you go to the "Postage, Returns & Payments" tab next to the item description, it should say what postage options the seller has set up. Usually it'll show you a specific carrier, although sometimes it'll just show something like "Other 48 Hour Courier".  Often, it'll show a couple of options at different prices depending on speed.

You have every right to expect them to send it by the method they show.

If they have selected Evri (or the generic courier option), you can either move on to look at another listing, or contact them to ask how much extra they would charge to use Royal Mail, DPD, or whatever. Bear in mind that eBay is a very price sensitive marketplace, and many buyers will choose whatever seller is offering the cheapest price, not neccessarily the most suitable.

Another thing to consider is that review sites are  place people go when they want to get something off their chest. How many people leave a good review for every piece of post or courier delivery that arrives on time and in good condition ?

Message 4 of 56
See Most Recent

I have no issue with sellers, other than their choice of courier, so as long as they do their bit fair enough.  To be fair why does it seem that all the other couriers people use, I do not seem to have any real issues with, yet Hermes and now Evri 😞 

Message 5 of 56
See Most Recent

Not sure how you can get ebay to force sellers not to use Evri, it is the sellers choice who they use.

I use Evri quite a lot, have been doing for well over 15 years and never had a problem either as a seller or a buyer.

The main reason for using Evri is they are very convenient for me, drop off shop only a short walk from my home.

I am not an engager, I am a number.
Message 6 of 56
See Most Recent

I absolutely go along with anybody who is vitoing Evri - as they should be. I refuse to buy from any seller from any source unless they offer an alternative and I do tell the sellers why. I lost some priceless momentos of my decaesed father because of Evri and it has been pitiful the lack of concern regarding this. Several members of my family have tried tirelessly to deal with this to no avail. We didn't even get the postage fee refunded which is a total disgrace! We even contacted the Trading Standards and nothing came of it. Where these items of my dads ended up I just can't imagine but they would have had practically no value to whoever ended up with them. We can only assume they were stolen and how outragious that is to compalin about being yet another  helpless victim of a system that really doesn't care about the individual.

If you are familiar with the saying throw enough pooh at the wall and some of it might stick---try this:- throw enough parcels in the back of a van and some of them might get delivered!

The bottom line is Evri are cheap and that is all that matters in the world of commerce and industry. Yes you can deliverer 10s of thousands of parcels every day and brag that only 3% don't get delivered but to the individual recipient that undelivered parcel is a total 100% error. It's not good enough and neither are you Evri. My family and I will never use you evr again!

Message 7 of 56
See Most Recent

Same here, in the last 10 years i`ve had one issue with Hermes, as they were at the time and one email and 2 days later, it was sorted. Never had an issue with deliveries, in fact my driver is so good, i can almost pinpoint when he`ll arrive to within half an hour, which is between 9.45-10.15a.m.

Message 8 of 56
See Most Recent

Same here knight-rider, our local Evri driver has been with the company in its various guises for over 12 years, local legend. Had daily deliveries from Evri over the last 2 weeks, some eBay and some suppliers. 
Appreciate I live in a small rural town and everyone knows everyone. Only had one issue where goods arrived damaged. 
Having said all that I've never sent with them...

Message 9 of 56
See Most Recent

No surprise to see all the Hermes/Evri apologists out in force again - yet again with their blinkered tunnel vision completely ignoring the huge number of threads that are posted by people having serious problems where Evri are involved (many, many times more threads of complaints about Evri than any other carrier. Indeed, it seems more about Evri than those complaining about all the other carriers put together).

But you all carry on in your little world of denial.

Message 10 of 56
See Most Recent

I like Evri/Hermes personally, they deliver around the same time in the morning generally which is more than Royal Mail do.  Odd occasion something's gone on a guided UK tour but most items turn up on time and the local drivers are friendly.

I'm always happy to see an Evri tracking number.  

Message 11 of 56
See Most Recent

But you have no idea how many parcels are delivered with no problems because only the malcontents like yourself are stomping your little feet on the internet.

The trouble with people these days is that some of them think if they don't like something no-one else is able to experience it differently.  I can't think how they deal with real life with this "ban everything that offends me" attitude.  

Message 12 of 56
See Most Recent

Each individual has there own 'problem provider' when it comes to delivery companies. In my area, only Evri and UPS are in any way reliable. I could bore you with the details but suffice to say, locally Royal Mail in particular can match just about any horror story I’ve read of any other courier. 

Telling everyone to boycott Evri is no more use than me telling everyone to boycott RM, or for that matter telling everyone to boycott your unfavourite supermarket, restaurant or hotel. 

It's not even practical since there’s nothing to prevent a seller listing one delivery service and using a completely different one.

Message 13 of 56
See Most Recent

@samhalver wrote:

I absolutely go along with anybody who is vitoing Evri - as they should be. I refuse to buy from any seller from any source unless they offer an alternative and I do tell the sellers why. I lost some priceless momentos of my decaesed father because of Evri and it has been pitiful the lack of concern regarding this. Several members of my family have tried tirelessly to deal with this to no avail. We didn't even get the postage fee refunded which is a total disgrace! We even contacted the Trading Standards and nothing came of it. Where these items of my dads ended up I just can't imagine but they would have had practically no value to whoever ended up with them. We can only assume they were stolen and how outragious that is to compalin about being yet another  helpless victim of a system that really doesn't care about the individual.

If you are familiar with the saying throw enough pooh at the wall and some of it might stick---try this:- throw enough parcels in the back of a van and some of them might get delivered!

The bottom line is Evri are cheap and that is all that matters in the world of commerce and industry. Yes you can deliverer 10s of thousands of parcels every day and brag that only 3% don't get delivered but to the individual recipient that undelivered parcel is a total 100% error. It's not good enough and neither are you Evri. My family and I will never use you evr again!

If you had truly priceless mementos you would send them either by Royal Mail Special Delivery or... transport them yourself by car/train if you don't drive.   I assume you didn't sell them but they were being sent to another family member?

Just like we say on here never sell anything online that you aren't prepared to lose, you should also never send anything by post or by courier that you aren't prepared to lose.   Unless it's physically in your hands you have no idea what can happen to it.

As for the topic in hand I use "other courier" and then choose which one I want to use at the time - since I don't drive and all drop off locations are a fair walk for me I have to consider how much I'm able to carry at a time 

Message 14 of 56
See Most Recent

@fotherbale wrote:

No surprise to see all the Hermes/Evri apologists out in force again - yet again with their blinkered tunnel vision completely ignoring the huge number of threads that are posted by people having serious problems where Evri are involved (many, many times more threads of complaints about Evri than any other carrier. Indeed, it seems more about Evri than those complaining about all the other carriers put together).

But you all carry on in your little world of denial.

I repeat, in over 15 years of using Hermes/Evri I have successfully delivered many hundreds of items to my buyers, as well as receiving many hundreds of items I have bought, and in all that time I have never had a problem with the company, I have a local drop off shop open 12 hours a day 7 days a week which is very convenient for my drop off items, and as far as receiving items I have even had then delivered on a Sunday and even bank holidays, what is there to complain about?

So really can't see what I have to to apologise  for, and certainly not for receiving a perfect service.

Many of the problems people have received from Hermes/Evri have been found to be at a local level and could be sorted out by the buyers with a little effort rather than screaming about bad reviews from people they don't know on a silly unreliable review website.

Message 15 of 56
See Most Recent

I felt sorry for our local Evri guy when there was a spike in complaints and videos of people throwing parcels over walls etc. He took over the area a few years ago and he is like clockwork. A nice bloke who has a couple of minutes chat even though I live off the beaten track and he probably wants to get on his way being paid per delivery. When he has a holiday, his stand in is just as reliable.

Maybe because the company is structured around self-employed people, it is more difficult to vet them but I think that there have been efforts to improve. Also, I have noticed that Evri started delivering AliExpress stuff that Royal Mail used to cover - and faster (an AliExpress package delivered by Royal Mail enters a black hole sometimes for weeks after it has cleared customs but with Evri, I get it a couple of days later). I don't think that the strikes did Royal Mail any favours in the market place.

That said, I have no doubt that there are cowboys out there but I have more trouble with DHL and UPS than any other couriers.

Message 16 of 56
See Most Recent

I refuse to buy from any seller from any source unless they offer an alternative and I do tell the sellers why.

That's fine as it is your choice, just as it is my choice to decide which delivery company I want to use at the point of sale, and I don't have to justify why.

Don't over estimate your sense of importance as a buyer, to many sellers you are only a number.

Message 17 of 56
See Most Recent

To be honest with you, I have never had any problems with using Evri at all, i use them on here and on another platform and all parcels arrive and on time, no negatives from me.

Message 18 of 56
See Most Recent

Well if the cap fits then wear it! Anybody who treats another persons purchase or whatever is in line for some sort of criticism. Don't smash my purchase trying to squeeze it into the back of your van! Why is this thead seemingly a bit one sided? that's because it is. Maybe i am a dinosour expecting some good old fashioned respect? The dinosours are coming back and they are going to have a real feast!!!

Sent with [Proton Mail](https://proton.me/) secure email.
Message 19 of 56
See Most Recent

You have got that so wrong, I don't stamp my feet! I just move on.

Sent with [Proton Mail](https://proton.me/) secure email.
Message 20 of 56
See Most Recent
Got buying related questions? Start here: