Stopping sellers using Evri

I am sure there will be many like me who are bemused how Evri are still in business.  I have had delivery after delivery fail or arrive late and nothing gets done because sellers keep using them.

I just did a Trust pilot search on Evri UK their one star rating from from 830 reviews is 97% one star, thats not a typo 97% one star.  Everi.co.uk have 3069 reviews on there which are slightly better only 96% one star reviews.  To put this into actual numbers of the 830 reviews  805 were 1 star and of the 3069 reviews 2,946 were 1 star.

So of the 3874 total reviews 3751 were 1 star .  Obviously e-Bay say they can't do anything about it 'as it does not affect their revenue', so the buyers are the only ones who can do anything, by not purchasing items from sellers who ship with Evri.  Sadly that will be part of my check from now on, ship with Evri I will buy elsewhere.

Message 1 of 56
See Most Recent
55 REPLIES 55

Why is this thead seemingly a bit one sided? that's because it is. 

That is because the number of posters who haven't had any problems with Evri outnumber those who have, so what on Earth do you expect them to say?

I am not an engager, I am a number.
Message 21 of 56
See Most Recent

Life is built on mistakes and problems, none of us would be anywhere without that truth. The trick is do deal with those issues to a satisfactory end. Sadly it seems to ok to leave some out in the cold of non resolution. Is that where humanity is going? If that is so then god help us!

Sent with [Proton Mail](https://proton.me/) secure email.
Message 22 of 56
See Most Recent

@fotherbale wrote:

No surprise to see all the Hermes/Evri apologists out in force again - yet again with their blinkered tunnel vision completely ignoring the huge number of threads that are posted by people having serious problems where Evri are involved (many, many times more threads of complaints about Evri than any other carrier. Indeed, it seems more about Evri than those complaining about all the other carriers put together).

But you all carry on in your little world of denial.

Did you reflect, at all, that with 135 million people using eBay ub aby twelve-month period, the number of people complaining here against Evri may may not be quite as representative as those not complaining against Evri? Naturally more people complain about Evri than Joe Bloggs Deliveries Ltd. But that is because Evri are extremely large.

It is certainly possible that a particular member may suffer from the quality of local Evri staff. That is one of the reasons why the click and collect service, from local agents, is available. I suspect many more complaints are due to buyers' unsuitable daily routine, unsuitable premises or unsuitable neighbours.

Like numerous other people, I have never had the slightest trouble with Evri deliveries. Now some precise guidance would be useful, on how you think we should further the crusade to stop sellers using Evri. Make things up? Shut up and let one or two demonstrate that while eBay items cost money, grudges and the chance to tell people what to do can be had for nothing? That would really be letting outselves be led where the cap that firs is conical.

Message 23 of 56
See Most Recent

Ah yes, click and collect, that's where it all started. That's where our parcel disappeared. Oh but please forgive me for even having the Gaul to think that there might be some kind of recompense? Goodby, have a good life!!!

Sent with [Proton Mail](https://proton.me/) secure email.
Message 24 of 56
See Most Recent

The volume they handle and the number of successful deliveries is not really relevant (unless you think that it is acceptable for a carrier to lose or damage a percentage of the packages they handle - I don't, and neither do most people!)

You can keep trying to portray them as wonderful all that you like, it will not alter the clear fact that (from the evidence of the number of threads on here complaining about Evri) not only do Evri lose or damage a far higher proportion of the packages they handle than any other carrier, but it also seems to be far more difficult to make contact with anyone to try and sort things out, and they also appear much more resistant to accepting liabililty for loss or damage than some other couriers. 

Mostly, I have had no issues with the Hermes/Evri deliverers for my area (they seem to change frequently), but it remains the case that in over 20 years of buying on ebay, they are the only carrier who have misdelivered and lost a parcel that was supposed to have been delivered to me. 

Message 25 of 56
See Most Recent

@lemon-p wrote:

That is because the number of posters who haven't had any problems with Evri outnumber those who have, so what on Earth do you expect them to say?

So, the conclusion that I have to draw from that is that you think because the number of successful deliveries outnumber the number where there have been problems, it is perfectly fine for a carrier or their staff to lose, damage or steal a proportion of the packages that they transport. 

Although I am willing to concede that accidents and mistakes do happen, I nonetheless consider that loss or damage to even one package in their care should be regarded as unacceptable.   The fact that Hermes/Evri compound this by very often declining to accept liability just adds insult to injury. 

Perhaps you will change your outlook if (or more likely, when) they lose something you have paid for!

Message 26 of 56
See Most Recent

So, the conclusion that I have to draw from that is that you think because the number of successful deliveries outnumber the number where there have been problems, it is perfectly fine for a carrier or their staff to lose, damage or steal a proportion of the packages that they transport. 

Where did I say that it was OK for them to lose or damage any items.....................?Are you reading a different thread to me?

I did not say it was OK, I said, along with many others, is I haven't had a problem with Hermes/Evri, I have on the other had had problems with TNT, UPS, Parcelforce and Royal Mail, so should I suggest everyone stops using those delivery company's ?

I am not an engager, I am a number.
Message 27 of 56
See Most Recent

The postal link is the worst part about ebay.

I see more and more threads of items marked as delivered but buyer hasnt got the item.

The item ends up with a neighbour or vaguely hidden behind a bin and then gets lost.

My postman is pretty good and leaves it with a neighbour but then puts a card through saying where it is.

Message 28 of 56
See Most Recent

You are very lucky 3 parcels from Ali express this week Evri have not delivered they have fallen in to a black hole completely useless company 🤬

Message 29 of 56
See Most Recent

Evri have been fine for us.

I can't even remember the last issue, maybe a delay 3 months ago but last claim was well over a year ago. 

We send off around 3000 parcels a year through the overall busines (not just eBay). Some 2200 are via Evri. 

If you aren't happy with your £20 spend being sent via Evri (and trust me, better than the Amazon delivery lot who really couldn't care less) , then buy elsewhere. The difference here though is people moan about eBay sellers using Evri and they don't get free stuff. Yet Amazon are worse and yet they aren't as complained about because even if a driver coughed near their delivery, they could just contact Amazon, get a full refund and keep the item for free (it will end up with your account being banned of course if someone tried that too much). 

Evri are great, it's some couriers in some areas that can be the problem. 

Message 30 of 56
See Most Recent

Same as you have been with eBay since 2002, only two weeks ago Evri left two parcels outside my front door that can be seen by everyone, I was not home so you can guess what happened next they where taken...

Two weeks later I am still trying to get a full refund, I am another buyer who will check what delivery service a seller uses... Use Evri & I will also find another seller that doesn't us them!!

Screenshot taken by the delivery driver left in plain view of the street!

Message 31 of 56
See Most Recent

I think they said that sellers should say postage is by EVRI, or provide an option of couriers, so customers can choose. 

Message 32 of 56
See Most Recent

There is a pandemic in the U.K. of:

Im ok, so let's not change anything. 

Selfish people who don't care about others, as long as they save a few quid. 

People who mistake contrarianism for intelligence. 

Message 33 of 56
See Most Recent

That's not what this person is advocating for. 

The courier used should be labelled as well as options for other couriers. 

Message 34 of 56
See Most Recent

EVRI ADVOCATES: The following suggestions are reasonable and not EVRI specific. 

• SELLERS clearly labelling what courier they will be using. 

• BUYERS having a choice of Courier to pay for at checkout. (different prices labelled). 

That's just how the free market is supposed to work. Buyers have a choice, those choices affect the market. 

Message 35 of 56
See Most Recent

@lemon-p wrote:

I repeat, in over 15 years of using Hermes/Evri I have successfully delivered many hundreds of items to my buyers, as well as receiving many hundreds of items I have bought, and in all that time I have never had a problem with the company, I have a local drop off shop open 12 hours a day 7 days a week which is very convenient for my drop off items, and as far as receiving items I have even had then delivered on a Sunday and even bank holidays, what is there to complain about?

So really can't see what I have to to apologise  for, and certainly not for receiving a perfect service.

And there you go again, demonstrating very perfectly my point about being in denial - your individual experience doesn't count for much in view of the sheer weight of numbers of complaints about Evri that are littered all over the internet. 

My current personal experience with Evri has also been acceptable - we currently have a very good chap delivering locally for them; he has been doing the job for a couple of years now.  Some of his predecessors were however, nothing short of dire.

People can continue bleating about how good their experience has been with them, but it remains a fact that there are massively more complaints about EVRI than for any other carrier.  That is something that is indefensible, and people who continue to argue that everything in the Evri garden is rosy, just make themselves look foolish.

Message 36 of 56
See Most Recent

How do you know if a seller will use Evri ?

Beware if your Evri item is sent to a shop for pick up it will get sent back to sender as the shops only except parcels with qr codes sent to buyer via email. I lost some stuff.

Also an Evri delivery person sent my item to wrong house as there was photo of a different front door. As it was same postcode Evri and eBay wouldn't help. So I lost items twice now. 
Another time an eBay item went to shop I was refused my item as I had not been sent a QR CODE by Evri. I saw my item school shoes ,I took them and ran out of shop as they said I couldn't have them as I had no Qr code to scan.

Terrible company.

Message 37 of 56
See Most Recent

My experience of Hermes  was 2 heavy parcels sent with them as they were much cheaper than RM.

Both items were dropped and damaged.

So 100% fail for me.

Doesnt matter how cheap they are if I have to get the item back to repair it and then resend it by RM !

Message 38 of 56
See Most Recent

I totally agree,  I will be doing the same from now on. 

Message 39 of 56
See Most Recent

Fortunately for me I haven't had any problems with evri, I say with crossed fingers, the only problems I've had has been with royal mail who charge more with no tracking and a headache to claim for lost parcels

Message 40 of 56
See Most Recent
Got buying related questions? Start here: