Stopping sellers using Evri

I am sure there will be many like me who are bemused how Evri are still in business.  I have had delivery after delivery fail or arrive late and nothing gets done because sellers keep using them.

I just did a Trust pilot search on Evri UK their one star rating from from 830 reviews is 97% one star, thats not a typo 97% one star.  Everi.co.uk have 3069 reviews on there which are slightly better only 96% one star reviews.  To put this into actual numbers of the 830 reviews  805 were 1 star and of the 3069 reviews 2,946 were 1 star.

So of the 3874 total reviews 3751 were 1 star .  Obviously e-Bay say they can't do anything about it 'as it does not affect their revenue', so the buyers are the only ones who can do anything, by not purchasing items from sellers who ship with Evri.  Sadly that will be part of my check from now on, ship with Evri I will buy elsewhere.

Message 1 of 56
See Most Recent
55 REPLIES 55

Not just Evri, Yodel where I live just dump the parcels on the porch, in the rain, in the dark and without trying the doorbell or knocking. Why people are using these cowboys instead of RM beats me, it may save them a few pence but it's costing them sales. 

Message 41 of 56
See Most Recent

To me only a foolish person would contiune to pay for and use a shoddy service and that for me was RM. To date I have never had a problem with Evri or Yodal so why would I revert back to RM and the bonus is it's a few pence cheaper and tracked with better drop off options...

Message 42 of 56
See Most Recent

The very idea of stopping sellers using Evri makes as much sense as trying to stop sellers using eBay. I expect a similar percentage of sellers have the same horror stories.

Message 43 of 56
See Most Recent

As a buyer you can click on contact seller before you buy something, asking them who their courier is if it's "other" or request that they add your favourite courier to their delivery options. People have had problems with other couriers as well. Late delivery isn't "item not as described", it's "item not received" when the EDD has passed and you still don't have the item.

Message 44 of 56
See Most Recent

If my items are being delved to write postcode wrong house number why would
I want to use this service. As a buyer I should have the choice.
Message 45 of 56
See Most Recent

I agree with you but for myself as a buyer and sellar I have stopped using RM where possible and likewise don't buy from sellars that only use that service due to post going astray. So I guess the choice is ours on both sides of the fence as to wether we buy it or not 

Message 46 of 56
See Most Recent

@maisiemoo1522_0 wrote:

I agree with you but for myself as a buyer and sellar I have stopped using RM where possible and likewise don't buy from sellars that only use that service due to post going astray. So I guess the choice is ours on both sides of the fence as to wether we buy it or not 

I agree with the principle of what you’re saying. The problem is that a seller doesn’t have to use the delivery service that they state in their listing, and eBay won’t hold them accountable if they don’t. 

Message 47 of 56
See Most Recent

Yes I don't agree with that if a sellar lists a particular delivery service for an item it should be a must they use it, as they have the option at the time of listing to select what service they will use for each particular item, so to me the sellar is in breach of agreement by not doing so

Message 48 of 56
See Most Recent

Maybe like me people can't leave their homes due to medical reasons so delivery is a life saver. Getting to a evri pickup for me is not easy. So far 10 evri deliveries failed in 2 months, useless tracking, customer service and bots can't be blamed on the drivers. That is controlled by the company. Do sellers get refunded for failed deliveries?

I know evri hermes sells on undelivered parcels at auction so they make money on top of charges to sellers. It's time evri closed down and stop ripping everyone off. They are the only company that fails to deliver 100% of the time. I uaed to work as a delivery driver and if I could not deliver I would have to account for why when I returned the parcel to the depot. I saw drivers sacked for repeated failures to deliver. So if it is all the fault of my local evri driver and as I asy 10 in 10 parcels lost or undelivered in 2 months why are they still employing bad staff. It's not just me complaining there are thousands of us. The main problem is evri don't use people they use bots to hide behind so no resolution or ways of leaving drivers directions to deliver, believe me I have tried but either the system does not pass on the directions to the drivers or the drivers just can't be bothered because nothing happens to them if they continually fail to do the job. Or are they just turning a blind eye to theft in the workplace. 

Message 49 of 56
See Most Recent

The Biggest issue I have with EVRi is that the customer service platform is absolutely useless as a sender   . If you have a problem with a parcel going missing on route to the customer .

there literally is nothing you can do . It's all aimed at the reciever . Which is wrong because the reciever has to communicate with you as the sender as a sender providing the service .

just a joke . I fell for it this week sending some gloves . Tracked , Image of parcel on someone's doorstep .

meanwhile they open a case ( which is the right thing to do ) which means I will likely be out of pocket twice over 

Message 50 of 56
See Most Recent

peturning
Conversationalist

It's worth saying that contacting sellers and explaining your reluctance to use EVRi might be worth doing, I choose not to send anything with them because of experience but I know it's a very variable thing and other people may not have the same experience and just choose it because it is - as far as I know - still the cheapest service available.

I'm sure anyone who is looking to make a sale would be willing to add another postage option to their listing, Royal Mail Tracked 48 is only slightly more for example.

Message 51 of 56
See Most Recent

That would make sense, but only if eBay make it clear to sellers how to set the correct delivery service. As a seller I got stuck when eBay changed the listing tool. By now I know how to do it but they may change it again. Some customers are okay with a different service, especially if it's a tracked service when the listed one was untracked.

As an addressee I've had good and bad experience with both Evri and Yodel. If you find that a particular service is bad in your area, make a note of that with your order. This could mean that the seller uses less bubble wrap etc. in order to stay within the limits of the listed service.

Message 52 of 56
See Most Recent

I agree with everything you say.
Message 53 of 56
See Most Recent

Evri works the best. It's got tracking. If you send stuff with Ebay tracking it's complete rubbish. See you can't really win because the buyer has a fit at the price for postage. If it's not tracked the seller can lose there money. So to all you buyers pay for tracking and get it sent to a I post lock box or use evri and wait in for the package. Sorry but you buyers on here are like old women. You need to lump it and get on with it. Simple 

Message 54 of 56
See Most Recent

@siadzad_khtk9o wrote:

you buyers on here are like old women. 

There are other ways to say that you disagree with some buyers without resorting to ageism.

Message 55 of 56
See Most Recent

I am not writing here asking for anything, it is just for your information, to add one more topic to never ending EVRI stories. They left 3 parcels outside of my building today, right next to a busy road, and were smart enough to take a photo of it as proof of delivery. It is not eBay purchase but I want to share the story.

List of losses:
1) OnePlus 12 - 490$
2) A watch - 58$
3) A strap for a watch - around 5$

So far Aliexpress was always on my side when I opened a dispute, however this time it is about the most expensive item I ever bought, so will see. If they don't give me my money back, it will be my last purchase on Aliexpress. And I will never buy anything that is delivered by EVRI, so write your stories everywhere ladies and gents, and maybe one day eBay, Ali etc. will get rid of that scam courier.

Unfortunatelly I know I lost it 100%, because I found empty bags on the road on the other side of the building with my name on them... I can't even open a dispute with EVRI, as it needs to be done by the person that send it...
Message 56 of 56
See Most Recent
Got buying related questions? Start here: