tiggytigerx
Community Member

INR paypal saying transaction invalid

Hi all, i was bidding on an item and was made the winning bidder by the seller ending the auction early, (i didnt ask them to btw) Anyway i was a bit surprised that i had won but paid by paypal. The sellers communication was great until i asked about the tracking number. The item was marked as dispatched on the 25th estimated 3-5 days signed for. Anyway I know my item isnt coming from doing further research, - more early ending items and the sellers crazy excuse of why they couldnt give me the tracking number. I went to open a INR claim but it said to wait until the 2nd and now its saying i have to wait until the 4th even though the estimated delivery date is tommorrow (2nd) and i paid for the item on the 23rd. I went to paypal to try and open a dispute there but its coming up as an invalid transaction so i cant! What are my options now, wait until the 4th to open a case or call ebay in the morning? I thought you could open an INR 7 days after youve paid? 

Please use plain text.
norseway53
Community Member

Re: INR paypal saying transaction invalid

in reply to tiggytigerx

No, you can open an INR in the eBay resolution centre only after the last expected delivery date.  Of more concern is the 'invalid transaction' warning in Paypal; what is the status of the original  payment?

I bid, I win, I pay - you deliver
Please use plain text.
tiggytigerx
Community Member

in reply to tiggytigerx

The transaction showing in paypal says completed along with the sellers name, but if i click on the transaction it says link invalid and if i try to open a paypal dispute via the resolution centre it says transaction invalid, all other transactions are showing up in ok. Does this mean the seller has closed their paypal account.

Please use plain text.
start-the-fire
Community Member

in reply to tiggytigerx

Hi op what sort of item was it, is the seller account still  active, wouldn't matter if they closed their account or not if they were able to. does paypal show the money going out of your account. Can you still see the auction? No harm calling ebay or paypal.

Please use plain text.
tiggytigerx
Community Member

in reply to tiggytigerx

Hi it was a ring. When the auction was ended i wondered why it had been because the item i believe would have gone for a lot more, but then after id paid i checked and they had done the same to several of their other items, ending early but some at low amounts so i thought they couldnt possibly be scamming! Then after the item was marked dispatched i emailed for the tracking and was ignored until i mentioned opening a case once the item hadnt arrived, they then responded with a really over the top reason why they could give it to me! The money has gone from my bank account but anything i try and look at through paypal just tells me its invalid, all i can see is the item, sellers name and transcation id which all come up with invalid link if i click on them, i tried phoning paypal to open a dispute over the phone and went through all the questions only for the computer to say it couldnt be opened and to call tommorrow to speak to the claims dept! Im really hoping i will be able to get my money back!

Please use plain text.
tiggytigerx
Community Member

in reply to tiggytigerx

yes their ebay account is still active 

Please use plain text.
tiggytigerx
Community Member

in reply to tiggytigerx

sorry that should read why they couldnt give it to me (the tracking)

Please use plain text.
start-the-fire
Community Member

in reply to tiggytigerx

Tiggy i wouldn't worry it will be covered, was worried it may have been an intangable item such as vouchers, i suspect you will be able to open a dispute on the 4th.

Please use plain text.
silkenrobe
Community Member

in reply to tiggytigerx

If you want to open INR more quickly, go direct to Paypal and do it there

You'll be able to escalate today (at the same time of the day as you paid)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You will never persuade me to buy a mobile 'phone on ebay
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please use plain text.