Shipping Malpractice

EBay has a rule for sellers that they have to ship within a reasonable time frame. Great But! So, sellers are smart allicks, at least a few of them are, so to get around this rule, they create a shipping lable. Then they do not ship for another LONG period of time because ebay has no policy about the time frame of creating the lable and recieving the item. They should since we get an e-mail when it is recieved. With the exception of getting an item Internationally, the shipping time should be 1 week maximum since, at the time of creating a lable, the "handling" portion of the time frame should expire at that point. E-bay needs to put this rule in place to stop the sellers that abuse the buyers in this manner.

Message 1 of 5
See Most Recent
4 REPLIES 4

Shipping Malpractice

It makes no difference when a seller actually dispatches an item.

If they are foolish enough to post an item so that it arrives after the latest estimated delivery date they run the risk of getting defects/bad feedback for late delivery and cases opened for not as described.Late deliveries can be returned at sellers cost under Ebays MBG if they arrive after the latest estimated delivery date.

Some sellers don't realise that if they buy the postage through Ebay the buyer automatically gets a "dispatched" notice even if the seller hasn't actually sent item.

Message 2 of 5
See Most Recent

Shipping Malpractice

papso22
Experienced Mentor

EBay provide you with an estimated delivery date based on a number of factors including the seller's stated dispatch time.  That is what you go by, not when the label is printed.  If you do that you shouldn't be disappointed and you certainly won't be 'abused'.

Message 3 of 5
See Most Recent

Shipping Malpractice

The ebay postage label as a " use by" date. which is 7 days. after that date it is null and void. and unable to be used.

i do print the postage labels maybe a couple of days before i post ( usually weekends) and I do agree that ebay automatically  showing dispatch when bought and printed is very annoying for buyers. .

especially if i buy postage on saturday/sunday afternoon/evenings!!    and not 8am monday morning...still snoring.😴

Message 4 of 5
See Most Recent

Shipping Malpractice

We'll do some labels in advance and dispatch the next day. It's eBay's system which then marks it as 'dispatched' the moment a tracking number is added. If buying through eBay or packlink, this is automated. 

The system should show 'label created' and once it detects the parcel has been dropped off or picked up, it should update to dispatched. They haven't implemented this though. 

As for estimated delivery dates, they are just that, estimated. It could arrive a day or 2 after outside of the sellers control (busy time of year at depots, courier had too many parcels to do that day, bad weather). 

Message 5 of 5
See Most Recent
Got buying related questions? Start here: