Item not received case on an item I bought, but I didn't open the case? how is this possible?

I bought a laptop highly discounted, however the day after i have now received a message from the seller saying i have opened a case that i have not received the item and that i should close it. The thing is i never opened the case? how is this possible, the problem is as far as i am aware on ebay you have only one chance at a case and if the item is never received now i will be out my money. I'm thinking this is a scam. Has anyone any experience or advise, please help.

Message 1 of 5
See Most Recent
4 REPLIES 4

Item not received case on an item I bought, but I didn't open the case? how is this possible?

papso22
Experienced Mentor

Is there an open case showing in your account or are you just going by what the seller is saying?

Message 2 of 5
See Most Recent

Hi, there is an open case on my account which wasn't actioned by me, i have no clue how this is possible? I have changed my password in the meantime but noone has access to my account other than myself.

Message 3 of 5
See Most Recent

Leave the case open until the item arrives.

That way if it really doesnt arrive you are covered.

Message 4 of 5
See Most Recent

Sounds like a glitch, seller won't be able to open a none recived item claim. Buyer can only open one  day after estimated delivery date

Message 5 of 5
See Most Recent
Got buying related questions? Start here: