Seller is repeatedly re-listing an item without actually selling them.

Earlier today, I placed an opening bid on an item as it was at £100 and as long as it stayed under £200, I'd be getting a really good deal.

However, immediately after placing that bid, it was retracted by the seller and the item ended. I thought this to be odd so I took a look at his recent feedback, and it seems these very same cars have been listed in the past with the winning bidders receiving nothing and the seller himself refusing to abide by the conditions of the original listings, asking for the cars to be collected despite postage being  paid.

It seems clear to me at this point that the seller has no intention of actually selling the items he has for sale and is doing this to either try and scam people or to farm engagement for a private sale in order to avoid paying eBay fees.

Message 1 of 3
See Most Recent
2 REPLIES 2

Perhaps the item didnt make what he wanted and so was withdrawn ?

Message 2 of 3
See Most Recent

He's actually listed the hot wheels 4 times.

They were won twice, not bid on once and with yours they cancelled your bid so they could cancel the auction.

I doubt they'll be on eBay much longer as their 66.7% feedback isn't good.

Of the 6 feedback I can see 2 were from sellers leaving a false positives saying they were a time waster and not worth the hassle.

Their 2 feedback as a seller were both negative.

Message 3 of 3
See Most Recent
Got buying related questions? Start here: