Search littered with items in wrong catagory - looked for pillows got pans and a leaf blower

I had a quick look for silentnight pillows but the search was littered with items listed in the wrong catagory.

Since when did a dog grooming comb, leaf blower, 300 disposable cups, sticking plasters, chocolate spread, desk top label maker, carpenters pencil or a door hinge amongst other things have any resemblance to bed pillows.

I can't sleep on bloody pan set and reporting them is a waste of time.

I counted 28 items out of 240 on the first page which works out at 11.6% of things in the wrong catagory.

It's made me abandon the search in annoyance and go straight to Argos instead.

Do these sellers think putting an earring holder shaped like a tree in the bedding pillows section is going to help it sell or what.

Message 1 of 7
See Most Recent
6 REPLIES 6

Search littered with items in wrong catagory - looked for pillows got pans and a leaf blower

Don't get me started on this! I needed a spine support mattress and decided to have a quick search on eBay.

Since when did sexy underwear resemble a mattress? It seems the the AI search is looking more at wishful thinking than the actual keyword mattress 😵😠😡 🤣😂😂😂

Is it really any wonder why sellers in their droves, are reporting BAD sale levels on eBay?

And as for saving items to your basket! Everytime I click on my UK basket, I get transported off to the US site that promptly tells me I have nothing in my CART????

Truth hurts. Maybe not as much as jumping on a bicycle with a seat missing, but it hurts.

You may think you have pushed ALL my buttons, but you still haven't found the mute!
Message 2 of 7
See Most Recent

Lets be honest, who actually searches for things by catagory anyway?

If you did you would end up missing half of the listings!

Message 3 of 7
See Most Recent

@douglaspuglas wrote:

Since when did a dog grooming comb, leaf blower, 300 disposable cups, sticking plasters, chocolate spread, desk top label maker, carpenters pencil or a door hinge amongst other things have any resemblance to bed pillows.

Perhaps if, having washed your dog and sat it on a pillow, in order to dry said dog with a leaf-blower (and, naturally, grooming it with the proper comb) you might want to eat chocolate spread out of a paper cup? If whilst doing this, you accidentally cut yourself on, say, an old door hinge, you’d obviously need a sticking plaster with which to dress the wound before using a carpenter's pencil to write a label reminding yourself to "beware of the hinge".

🤔

Message 4 of 7
See Most Recent

Lol.

When you put it like that it makes sense for eBay to put the random items I might not realise I want into one search.

Maybe that's their plan in the hope I'll buy extra tat while browsing what I really want.

Message 5 of 7
See Most Recent

Maybe  @douglaspuglas  eBay are following the same policy supermarkets do,  that is,  the  items you need and Only wish to buy,  the bread, milk, eggs etc.,   are either at the end of the aisles,   or at the back of the store,   never the first things you see when you walk into the supermarket, so you are ' browsing' and passing all the items you thought ( you know) you didn't need,   and soon two items in the  basket , suddenly becomes a full basket , before reaching  checkout !

Message 6 of 7
See Most Recent

This is a tactic used on a few sites.

Show irrelevant items as well so buyer might buy them if what they want isnt there.

Message 7 of 7
See Most Recent
Got buying related questions? Start here: