Call & Collect Address not updated in my account

I moved from Cardiff to Nottingham (170 miles away) two months ago. 

I changed my Call & Collect Address to a Nottingham one as soon as I moved. And whenever I have shopped on Ebay since, it has shown the correct Nottingham Call & Collect Address. But I always used my home address up til today. 

I chose Call & Collect instead of my home address and I paid for the item. When I checked the details it says the CARDIFF Call & Collect Address!

As it's a private seller, there is no phone number I have messaged them to ask to send to my home address instead, but not had a reply. 

What should I do?

It's a £40 phone.

Thanks

Message 1 of 5
See Most Recent
4 REPLIES 4

Sellers are only supposed to send to the addressed supplied via ebay.   If the item is not collected it will be returned to sender.   At that point you can either get a refund or ask them to resend it.   They will probably have to cancel and relist for you to buy again with the correct address.

Message 2 of 5
See Most Recent

OK thank you

Message 3 of 5
See Most Recent

Please can you tell me how to amend the Click & Collect address?

I notice I am not the only one who has had trouble with this:

https://community.ebay.co.uk/t5/Member-To-Member-Support/unable-to-change-click-and-collect-address-...

Thanks

Message 4 of 5
See Most Recent

I have a theory as to why the Click & Collect address (I've been calling it CALL & Collect this whole thread duh!) showed up as having changed to the new correct one, but later went back to the old incorrect one:

I was able to change the Click & Collect address, by clicking Edit or Amend under the address on the order page, and on the POSTCODE; change it to the correct one. But of course you can only do this when you opt to BUY something, NOT from your saved addresses in your account. 

So I put the new Postcode in, and I noticed that the nearest one was NOT the C&C address I put in when I first moved here. That shop was now not listed as a Click & Collect. 

So it's possible that when it stopped accepting C&C parcels for Ebay, the system then reverted back to the previous saved C&C address. 

Just a theory, but the only one I can think of. And thought it worth a mention in case anyone else is having trouble with this issue. 

Of course it meant I had to buy something else I didn't really need to find this out. But I will hopefully now have a lovely T shirt for my trouble! 

Thanks

Message 5 of 5
See Most Recent
Got buying related questions? Start here: