eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Collections
  • Buy iPhone 6 Now
ruta_skadi
Community Member

Do you find Adchoice is ruining Ebay?

I have a fairly reliable broadband speed but I find the quantity of Adchoice adverts is seriously slowing down the time each page takes to load.  I never look at these adverts, have no intention of clicking on them and find it very iritating that I cannot stop them appearing.  Are Ebay aware of the problems they cause or are they just not interested?

Please use plain text.
norseway53
Community Member

Re: Do you find Adchoice is ruining Ebay?

in reply to ruta_skadi

Many people recommend using Adblock plus - do an internet search for it and consider downloading a version suitable for your browser.

I bid, I win, I pay - you deliver
Please use plain text.
Please use plain text.
fastcakes
Community Member

in reply to melxvs
Never seen them, Adblock plus chrome equals no ads
Please use plain text.
jacksonbows75
Community Member

in reply to ruta_skadi

Answer to that question is that Ebay does not care if Adchoice slows down our pages they only care about profits. Ad Choice is the biggest scam that ever hit ebay,  The moment that Adchoice hit ebay all seller accounts slowed down. When I am at  Dillards looking for sheets for the bed there is not a flashing banner all over the display counter advertising rice krispies thereby distracting me. Adchoice is trashy and really it shows just how desperate and stupid the upper management of ebay has become. They moved all the customer service overseas to save money. They continuously screw with top rated sellers Detailed seller ratings in an effort to maximize profits thereby increasing our stress levels. They removed seller feedback in 2008 and they actually encourage Foreign scammers to manipulate and steal from honest hardworking sellers by letting thief buyers lie and pull Item never recieved scams. I have seen some buyers pulling the same scam a dozen times before Ebay did anything about it and then it took 15 hours on the phone to get anything done.  No one cares about us. No one cares about what we think and how we feel. Guess what ebay we are buyers too not just sellers.

If everybody stays quiet about the **bleep** that is being done to us, we will be like pigs to the slaughter slowing being roasted alive while ebay lets paypal steal from our accounts and adchoice steals our thunder and moment of glory. Take notice and stop standing around twiddling your thumbs waiting for someone else to say something. Make a difference by posting all over the place. Build your case methodically and prove your point emphatically to anyone that will listen.  Fight on!

Please use plain text.
fastcakes
Community Member

in reply to jacksonbows75

...and 8 months later...

Please use plain text.
mickmtb
Community Member

in reply to ruta_skadi

yes adds have ruined ebay

ebay once stated it would never allow adverts to take over !

I dislike being force fed adverts. I quite often give up waiting for ebays pages to load because of the adverts.

Countless thousands feel the same way

Ebay makes huge profist yet the greed re advertising means they organise pages now so you are fed adverts all over the page

Also while I'm at it

WHY does ebay think it's fine to have  sellers with hundreds of the same item listed, who has the time to wade through thousands of nothing items !!

GUMTREE is now becomming a contender for my business

Please use plain text.
alfalfa_switzer
Community Member

in reply to ruta_skadi

Adchoice may be pain in the butt but it isn't what is ruining eBay. eBay are doing a great job of ruining the place all by themselves.

eBay? eBad? Whatever, who cares.
Please use plain text.