Global Shipping items going astray

I wondered if many other people have had a Global Shipping item go astray? Before Christmas I ordered a paperback book from the US (one of several, from different sellers). All the others arrived in timely fashion but I was waiting on one - I waited past the due delivery date and then decided to raise a query with ebay. I received an acknowledgment and then within the hour I had a refund. Now I'm not compaining about the service, that's pretty good going, but I was hoping for some kind of explanation from ebay. I honestly expected to wait a day or two before I got a response so they could make enquiries but I got an almost instant refund. As far as I know the seller shipped the item to the ebay hub and then it seems to have disappeared, with no further information provided from ebay. I'd rather have had the book but at least I got the refund. I'm just puzzled by the quick response and lack of follow-up about what happened to it. Is this standard? 🤷

Message 1 of 2
See Most Recent
1 REPLY 1

Global Shipping items going astray

There's nothing more eBay can tell you as to where your book has ended up, just impossible to know.

If the seller cannot provide tracking to show it was safely delivered to the GS hub , then opening a case will trigger an immediate refund.

Message 2 of 2
See Most Recent
Got buying related questions? Start here: