Payments total before fees

I'm trying to find the fees that I paid on each payment so I can record them as expenses in Xero accounting software.

I've searched everywhere and can only find the nett payment sent to my bank.

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 10
See Most Recent
9 REPLIES 9

Goto your seller hub, click payments, then find the order under recent activity, then to the right there is a little arrow like this ">" click this and it will then further down the screen breakdown fees for you by item.

My business was a finalist in the ebay business awards 2023.
Message 2 of 10
See Most Recent

You can also pull down a monthly report - Seller Hub - Payments  on the left hand side of the payment page you will see Reports click this and then financial statements. You can download a pdf of all transactions during the month with a breakdown of fees. If you sell a lot look at an app that you can set up to run automatically through xero. 

Message 3 of 10
See Most Recent

Apologies, I should have said I needed the total fees for all transactions on the payment.

I can see how to view monthly totals but as my payments are on the 5th of each month the monthly reports are not reflective of the payment period.

Message 4 of 10
See Most Recent

If you go to the drop-down list on most pages (overview, orders. Listings etc) and select Performance, you can customise (drop down LHS) dates and select any period over last 3 years.  Generate a report, gives total sales, nett sales and fees and there is a breakdown of each transaction.

Message 5 of 10
See Most Recent

No problem, just use the reports menu, you can generate a csv document by the date you require. It all depends how many transactions you have. Xero is very much like QB so there are ways of speeding up the process once you have found the information you require. You have finanicial summarys and invoices which will support the transactions even though the dates are slightly skewed. Its also worth having a ebay managed payment account set up as a cash in hand account on Xero. Just filter through that Your payments, sales receipts, fees and refunds. 

Message 6 of 10
See Most Recent

The .csv file is the only complete source of ebay sales data that I've found. Watch out for sales of multiple listings purchased by customers using the Shopping Cart. In the .csv file ebay puts the figures in the wrong columns (shifted sideways one place).

This is ebay so no point in expecting it to work properly!

Message 7 of 10
See Most Recent

There is good mediating software available that can help with this, I use Dext formerly Greenback but also link my books works.

It takes the eBay transaction and splits it up into components automatically so you get accurate accounting of all eBay fees and costs. 

It also links up with Xero which I use.

Message 8 of 10
See Most Recent

I use linkmy books for eBay - Xero - its like magic, fully automated once you're confident enough to accept full automation, everything pings through and in Xero you just confirm each ebay payment (seconds a month).  It sorts out international transactions and the VAT stuff too.

I'm multiplatform and link my books works for quite a lot of platforms which is why I lept in that direction.  I used A2X for some for a while before linkmybooks expanded its platform support  - again worked well. 

Most of these systems start at a bit over an hours work at minimum wage a month - so it depends at how much time you have available/ how you put a value on your time to work out the value to you.

Message 9 of 10
See Most Recent

This is exactly the way a small business owner should be thinking regarding usage of your time. 

I've sold 352 items this month, average price of £54.59 per item.

If I just sold one more item per month or increased my items sold by 0.3% I could pay for full accounting software automation.

That one extra sale may only take up 10-15 minutes of my time. Manually accounting for things on the other hand...!

Message 10 of 10
See Most Recent
Got business selling related questions? Start here: