Honestly what planet are some buyers on!

Buyer missed delivery then contacted me saying they were disabled and could only take the delivery between a 3hr window and could I contact the courier to arrange this.  I explained that they can go on the couriers link (provided) and designate a safe space or neighbour, also go on their chat and see if they can relay the message to the courier but 2 more attempts will be made.  Well that apparenltly isnt good enough and I am the only seller who has not accommodated her request and she will look into laws about this but wants a refund!  (more likely the others lied and said ok and hope for the best) I find it hard to believe as I dont know of any courier, Amazon or RM who will deliver at the requested time slot, as my title says "what planet are they on?"  So another Neg incoming no doubt but blocked and reported!

Message 1 of 5
See Most Recent
4 REPLIES 4

Unfortunately there are some clowns out there - And I bet you never knew the circus was coming to town... and thats me being polite! ( I used that line once with British Gas accusing them of being clowns and the circus being in town..... They hung up on me, but I did get a letter of apology from senior management about the issue, and they must have left a marker on my account, as they were ever so polite and couldn't help me more after that!!) 

Most of the carriers will allow you to control the delivery to a point, but I am not aware of any that will give you a two hour time slot say. They only time that happens if you order say from one of the major retailers online, and thats more so with white goods etc. or if you are Sainsburys, Asda etc.

However that onus is on the buyer not you as the seller to amend deliveries etc. to make sure you are in on a particular day to receive it. I wouldn't be so cheeky to a seller with that sort of request, perhaps thats just me.

My business was a finalist in the ebay business awards 2023.
Message 2 of 5
See Most Recent

Well @yorkshire*flower   me thinks they are on Planet Amazon / RM  where their CS hub will tell anyone anything to get them off the line quick and happy.

Head for a refund here  with ' Buyer requests to Cancel, and  an apology ( through gritted teeth I know),  it might avoid that neg !

Message 3 of 5
See Most Recent

Ive had negs left with "cancelled issue with buyers address" which stumped as there was an actual issue with their address and Ebay also refused to remove it (i eventially did via Facebook) so think somethings changed as cancelled order didnt use to be able to leave FB

Ill check if its delivered today as cant neg me about delivery once its delivered, bots should remove that

Message 4 of 5
See Most Recent

I gave her the link to control her delivery and the reply was "well im not doing that!" These ppl baffle me, like going on a link and changing your delivey options is an ordeal... She made a point of telling me shes disabled and has carers so guess she thinks that gives her a special courier 1-2-1 hand delivered service🙄

Message 5 of 5
See Most Recent
Got business selling related questions? Start here: