General Product Safety Regulation Regulations December 2024

I am part of the Ebay Expression where you participate in surveys. Today I received a survey re the new regulations which are coming in later this year if you sell to the EU. The survey was all about the wording of the email that will go out to sellers.

I have to admit, I was not aware of this and have no idea of which products this will affect but is a major change as the suggested email mentioned having to add the product manufactures name, address and contact details, add product safety and compliance information, product manuals on all listings. There is a link to to eBay EU if you are not aware where you can read some of the info.

https://www.ebaymainstreet.com/eupublicpolicy/issues/product-safety

Message 1 of 6
See Most Recent
5 REPLIES 5

That looks like a lot of work and this bit is one of many that caught my eye. 

Going forward, the EU is reforming the Product Liability Directive from 1985, which sets general liability rules for manufacturers, importers, distributors and fulfillment services providers in the case of damages incurred from defective goods already in the hands of the consumer. The new PLD proposal could enable compensation claims for any type of harm resulting from these defective products, including data loss, physical or psychological harm.

Message 2 of 6
See Most Recent

Might just drop gsp to Europe. Too much hassle 

amazon is asking the same for packaged products  which mine aren't as make them up as I go along 

“What we’ve got here is failure to communicate.”
Message 3 of 6
See Most Recent

Same here I got the email too

“What we’ve got here is failure to communicate.”
Message 4 of 6
See Most Recent

@the_book_seekers wrote:

That looks like a lot of work and this bit is one of many that caught my eye. 

Going forward, the EU is reforming the Product Liability Directive from 1985, which sets general liability rules for manufacturers, importers, distributors and fulfillment services providers in the case of damages incurred from defective goods already in the hands of the consumer. The new PLD proposal could enable compensation claims for any type of harm resulting from these defective products, including data loss, physical or psychological harm.

Psychological harm?  What a load of baloney.  How the heck would you prove that?  Does the EU think its residents are all emotionally incontinent children?

Yeah I may just block Europe also.  Every year they bring in some new insane regulations it seems.  

Message 5 of 6
See Most Recent

Opens up a whole new area for scamming.

Message 6 of 6
See Most Recent
Got business selling related questions? Start here: