• Daily Deals
  • Collections
  • Get inspired!
Answer
mimi1q84
Community Member
Accepted Solution
PayPal Error code: 70010 10001

I am trying to buy an item that requires immediate payment, but when clicking the button to continue to the PayPal checkout I get the message We were not able to process your PayPal payment. Error code: 70010 10001. I don't even get to complete the checkout so this message is weird. The seller ships to my location it happens only with this item, I purchased something else since I'm trying this and had no trouble.

Thank you for your answers and comments! xx

Accepted Solution
*vyolla*
Community Member
Answered
in reply to mimi1q84

You won't find a PayPal error code in an eBay error message link. :-)

Here's a thread wherein it's happened before to a few other users, there doesn't appear to be any definitive answer as to what's causing it, say that it's a PayPal issue:

http://answercenter.ebay.com/question/Checkout/Error-Code-10001/900322415?#msg901467274

I'd telephone them, but it does state in a couple of the posts on there that it still wasn't resolved.

I'd contact the seller direct if PayPal can't offer any decent advice.

Other Answers: 4
goodonlinedeals2
Community Member
Answered
in reply to mimi1q84

The problem is the special characters sellers use in the title. Have them remove it and the error should go away.

mimi1q84
Community Member
Answered
in reply to mimi1q84

Thank you very much for all of your help! It seems to be that the weird characters in the title are causing the problem for me as well. Will ask seller to remove it. :smileyhappy: xx

trojan*
Community Member
Answered
in reply to mimi1q84

Click on the link below for information on Error Codes:

http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/account/errors.html

cackle_frodo
Community Member
Answered
in reply to mimi1q84

Hi,

I've just been browsing the PayPal forums and PayPal helper suggests it may be a problem with the card issuer.

Another responder was advised to clear cookies/cache/history and log out and in again - and that worked for them.