Buying
Discover tried-and-true techniques for better bidding and buying on eBay from fellow experienced members.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Trading Standards Notification Letter

I have been advised to notify with a letter saying I am taking my purchase case to Trading Standards under the Sale of Goods Act if my case does not get resolved within the statutory 14 days. Where would I send this letter? Will it be to Ebay or to t...

Resolved! Can't verify my age with American Express

I'm trying to buy some cutlery and I got asked to verify my age by entering a credit card. I use an American Express credit card for all my ebay transactions, but I went ahead and reentered my details. It tells me 'A debit card can't be used to verif...

User avatar by Visitor
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Post purchase marketing emails from seller

I recently got an email from a seller, after I bought from them on eBay, offering a future discount & with a link to their own (non eBay) shop. I didn't know that sellers could access my email address, I now understand they can, but surely it's not o...

What’s the scam?

Wife wants to resupply with oil of Olay.its £6.50 a bottle in shops.1 - See it for £4.50 a bottle on eBay and I order 5 bottles.Get a shipped and delivered message within 2 minutes if each other. After 10 days I ask for a refund due to non delivery. ...

When bidding on an item

Recently when Im bidding on an item the timer runs down and I win the auction, only for the clock to reset to 59sec giving other bidders the opprtunity to put higher bids in and win the auction.This is a regular thing and I want to know why EBay are ...

Stopping sellers using Evri

I am sure there will be many like me who are bemused how Evri are still in business. I have had delivery after delivery fail or arrive late and nothing gets done because sellers keep using them.I just did a Trust pilot search on Evri UK their one sta...

Resolved! Seller using different courier after purchase went through

Hello, I bought an item with £12 DPD next day shipping but when I received the dispatch notification, they provided a royal mail tracking number instead. I assume this means they are using a different courier instead without my consent. I would like ...

User avatar by Contributor
  • 19 replies
  • 0 kudos
Got buying related questions? Start here: