EBAY IS A SCAM - DO NOT SELL FROM HERE

Do not sell your items here.

I am having to post this on my partners account as conveniently eBay has indefinitely suspended my account. Please if you was like me an honest customer that had a hobby/ passion for selling luxurious items as a little side hustle - think carefully I would not sell anything here. Firstly, read through your User Agreement CAREFULLY. If eBay feel you are doing something THEY consider as breeching their security (which by the way could be you simply forgetting send an invoice of a purchase) they will indefinitely suspend your account and HOLD any sales that you've made on to that account. I am heavily pregnant, currently renting and now that eBay has suspended the account I can no longer pay for my bills next week, I was rushed to hospital last night as all the stress the company caused me it nearly led to be have an early birth of my first child. Not only this I have stressed my mental illness I currently suffer from to numerous advisors that hang up the phone on me.

This company is vile. I am writing this message with tears rolling down my eyes because I am about to be homeless. They are refusing to give me my 7k from a sale I made and was approved by EBAY last month. They have said this sale could be held for up to 170 days or more. If you type into google indefinite ebay suspension you will see a list of customers that have gone through this exact experience. They will not tell you why your account was suspended but simply suspend it. I am having to call everyday send messages/ emails every other hour to fight for my money to be released. They keep saying they are holding my money as it's part of their process. They do not tell you how long the money can be held for just that they are holding it and that's final nothing you can do about it. Bearing in mind your account is suspending so they have already come to a conclusion, so really they are investigating nothing just holding on to your money. And they can do this because you would have signed in the user agreement to allow them to hold your funds. I am a honest seller, I would never sell an item that is fake. I take pride in doing immense research and only buy for legitimate places. there was nothing illegal from what I done. It was simply that I was a new seller that made a lot of money in short period of time.

My family need this money, we could be homeless it's extremely serious. I am begging for my own money at this rate. If you read this, please please think twice before you use this platform to sell.

Message 1 of 44
See Most Recent
43 REPLIES 43

Yes ebay with all their nonsense policies  is a scam.  There is this new thing called boost yiud listing which they that a further fee from. The thing is they only add bots to your view count or just show you what you would have seen anyway. Example I havd a few listing and although it is on the first page when its typed in the search column the view count dows not change infact in 4 weeks i have had no extra views, really ?0. I have sat in the same room with 4 different accounts and after asking them to view the item the count does not increase, this is to fool you in thinking boosting the listing will increase view, no it will not.

Another listing I did boost and obtained 100 watchers with over 1000 views, in the end 4 bidders with silly offers. 96 bots. 

I pointed this activity to them and they have not bothered to get back to me or pretend its a bad line and disconnect me. 

The whole set up has become a scam.

Message 41 of 44
See Most Recent

All of your items state "cash on collection" but that is ONLY an option.

Any buyer can choose to pay online if they prefer to do so ,what would you do if they chose to pay that way ?.

Message 42 of 44
See Most Recent

This is distressing to read. EBay , like banks, are required by law to "hold" funds from transactions over a certain value due to Money Laundering regulations which require investigations into those transactions. It does seem surprising that someone in a very precarious economic position like you are able to trade in £7,000 items but the sale should clear  if what you say is true and you will receive your funds. 

Message 43 of 44
See Most Recent

The OP who had £7000 held posted this in November last year - so let's hope they do have their money by now.

"There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
Søren Kierkegaard, Danish philosopher (1813 - 1855)
Message 44 of 44
See Most Recent
Got selling related questions? Start here: