Member To Member Support
The place for eBay buyers and sellers to ask Community Mentors questions about buying and selling on eBay.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Bought a hat!

Hi, I bought a hat and I have had to pay extra postage as the seller hadn't paid enough, anyway I've paid it and contacted the seller three times, he ignored me, then I said last chance and he replied asking how he pays me, I said PayPal, I haven't h...

Fake goods

I purchased 4× new makita 6amp batteries end of Feb. 6 wks later 1 packed up, took it to makita agent & it was fake. Also been charged 3181 times. Contacted the seller & was promised a refund. Sent the items back & still haven't received my refund. N...

Pillowcases

Looking to purchase Blissy pillow cases. I've seen several suppliers using the name Blissy in their posts but their merchandise is not stamped with logo and is a fraction of the price of Blissy. How can authenticity be obtained?

Random holding of funds

Thank you eBay for randomly holding my money for a week unnecessarily, afer over 20 years of mebership.As a big thank you to eBay once my funds are released I iwill not use this account for 2 years, so a nett loss of aprox.£2000+ and a good customer ...

HELP

i ordered an item was ment to be delivered today but it hasn't shown i've tried to contact seller but nothing i checked out as a gues and i want a refund ive tried talking to an automated convo but keep going in circles please help me

Wrong photos of an item I’ve sold

Hello I'm wondering if anyone can help ? I have sold an item and whilst I have described it accurately, I have put the wrong photos on the piece. (In this case the photos were of a similar item more than twice the size and 2.5 times the value.) My qu...

Cancelled order

I cancelled an item but suddenly two of my items were cancelled one which had been paid for. I would like to reinstate that order but don't know how. I can't speak to anyone I can only text with a robot which doesn't understand. Any ideas what to do?

User avatar by Member
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Any hope?

I paid £750 last July for tickets for a concert, I have all the details and screenshot of an agreement being made. There feedback is 100% since 2020 and looks like it's a regular thing they have done. I paid via PayPal credit so all transactions are ...

Advice

I recently sold a fairly expensive mobile handset which was listed honestly and all the pictures to back up my sale. The purchaser has messaged saying not as described and has marks and chips on the edges. No it didn't and I'm convinced the pics I've...

Postage Label Cost

Hey,Can anyone please tell me when I buy a postage label ebay charge a postage amount from my PayPal account and also from my eBay account. Why they charge me twice for delivering only one item.That's not fair.

Refund seller doesn’t reply

Hello a seller savey uk sent me refund for 1 box of nicotine gum when I ordered 6 boxesnow I can't contact an agent it just sends me to irrelevant info boxes seller doesn't reply to my messages but nothing new there what can I do ????

User avatar by Member
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Charged the wrong price

Just bought 2 Ford badges for £7.60 ( for both ) delivery was £10.80.when I paid it they had charged me £27.60. I tried to cancel the order. The money has left my account and the items are not in my purchases list. I don't know what to do next?thanks

Abusive Message from Random EBay member

Hi,I received random messages from an EBay member( not even buyer) who accused me of over pricing stuff and accused me of getting it from a well known discount company. I have not done anything wrong and work with very little money made if at all. I ...

Help with return

Hi.. I sent back item by myself ( I can't use EBay provided label.. because seller provided wrong weight!) how I can add return tracking? EBay still shows return label still not scanned, but I use Royal Mail label!

User avatar by Member
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

international shipping fees

can anyone point us in the right direction? we are uk seller and shipping an item to canada where the buyers registered address is in the uk. eBay has charged VAT and no shipping fee has been applied. can anyone help with why? and how do we fix this?...

Resolved! "Free" listings??!

eBay is boasting about clothing sales being "free" to list but that only relates to 1000 items per month. Is this really misleading or am I missing something? It's been free to list 1000 items for ages, so it's nothing new.

Seller ignoring to refund

Hi. I brought items as a guest so there's no account of my purchases on my actual eBay. I have emailed the seller 4 times asking for a refund but they choosing to ignore me. How else can I take this further to get help?

User avatar by Member
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Unordered Item

I have received an item which I did not order and there are no seller details so that I can contact them. The package came from Orange Connex Rugby and on the destination label it had ebayn92jp7y tagged on to my address.Has anyone any idea as to how ...

Help with terrible sales

Good morning I'm order baby safe gate but is too big and I wan t return and I order smaller but I'm receiving again this same size勞i need return 2 baby gate for this moment.I go for post office but the ticket from ebey is only for 2 kg but one item i...

Return request, a question about the timeframe

Hi,im dealing with a return request made for a thing I sold. While I was packing it i measured and turned out I've made a mistake with measurements. I immediately contacted the buyer explaining everything and giving her opinion to cancel no bother. A...

Contact eBay

Hey How can I contact ebay regarding an item that did not arrive without using the website?If I click on the item that did not arrive I get an error message saying 'We ran into a problem. Please go back and try again.' so I am unable to progress usin...

User avatar by Contributor
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Hi tracking

Hi i bought a thing and did pay for a global shipping at 25 May but still havent got my items. I got a email like a week ago with a link about tracking my post but the link doesnt even work. It should have arrived by now since when i order something ...

IMG_1502.png

2ltr electrical food chopper

Warning about these 2Ltr food choppers being sold by some sellers on eBay.please be aware that cheap once can be dangerous. Right now my son is in hospital suffering from poisonous rust coming from these choppers and he has been very poorlyYou need t...

Buyer not paid

Being new to selling, Buyer has collected but did not share code with me (this is something I was not aware that he had to do)I have tried to message him, but have had no reply back.

Seller in hospital

Hello, my friend is a longstanding seller in ebay. She's 84, & been taken into hospital. She's quite poorly & memory not good. She's worried about her selling page & parcels to deliver etc. She can't remember her username so we can't access her page....

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Phone number on address label

I have just received an item that along with my address (on the address label) the seller also included my telephone number. Since then I have received quite a few calls from scammers and people I don't know.What can I do?

Big Purchase Gone Arwy

Hi, I have just bought a big ticket item (Nearly £5k) from a seller who has 100% positive feedback but when I messaged to arrange to collect it, he has replied saying ebay has suspended his selling account and he hasn't received the funds. I haven't ...

Incorrect return address

Buyer would like to return item. eBay have sent him postal label with wrong address on label. Address on label is a previous address more then 10 years old. eBay have got correct primary return address.I have sent request to buyer to do address corre...

Theft

I purchased a drone from Ebay. Evri delivered an empty box.I emailed the seller to ask for proof of posting to check weigh of box when posted - no reply.I contacted ebay for help. They opened a case then closed the case no refund I am not able to app...

identification

im trying to buy a box of rizla cigareete papers they ask for id so i sent them pics of my passport n my electoral card ,they still wont accept that as i.d what can one do

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Random Bid appeared on account

A random bid appeared suddenly on my account for an item I've never seen and definitely never bid on. I only found out because I got an email telling me "Your bid is winning". I never received any notification about anyone trying to access my account...

Damaged & not as described

Hi help please, I bought 10 tables, arrived all the tops are water damaged and breaking, the tables also are not as described and do not tilt to put away. have requested refund and seller is ignoring me and then has offered me £200 instead of the £31...

Overpaying postage while posting an item

  I've received an email saying I overpaid the postage a buyer payed and I'm confused whether they're refunding me the extra money or are going to leave it. This order was from the 17th may and I didn't even realise. I've tried contacting the ai chat...

IMG_1961.png IMG_1962.png

Packlink

Hi so I've bought these boots on Ebay from Italy they are here in the country now and ready to be shipped, only problem is I need to pay customs fees but have no idea how to through packlink and they aren't much help either  

1000015571.jpg
User avatar by Member
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Unhappy with purchase

HiI purchased some drill batteries from a big eBay seller and they are defective/ not fit for purpose.I explained to seller I did not want the items and please provide a return address and I'll pay for postage back to them.They replied suggesting I k...

Paying e bay fees

Hi,I am trying to pay e bay fees for an item that I have sold. I have got minus fees which need paying,but I have a linked card so can't understand why they can't automatically take what is owed to them. Also have tried to pay several times,but keeps...

Buyer

Hi, I sold today shoes the buyer created the account on EBay today. I sold in March shoes to one customer he told the EBay that he never get the shoes and I'm without shoes and money. I afraid to send it

Won the bid and order has been cancelled

I bought a Matrix Ultimate Collection box for the lowest possible bid (which is completely fair along side eBay selling and buying rules)Seller didn't set up the minimum price for an item so for me it clearly means "I'm paying that much for how much ...

Buying

eBay as tried taking money off meiv cancelled my order on the mower with the seller I emailed him he said it was ok thanks for letting him know

Location China.

Hey guys. I tried to sell an item but it refused to list it because it said it was outside of China! I live in the UK and all of my details are for the UK. Help please

amex vs ebay

Can I use Paypal wlwoth amex ? eBay has decided to no longer accept American Express globally effective Aug. 17 due to the unacceptably high fees American Express charges for processing credit card transaction

Making a Complaint

I have tried several times to contact and complain about a rose which arrived dead (NOT dormant!) I have received no reply from this seller or from ebay. Time is running out for a refund and I want my money back. How on earth do I get a useful respon...

Receiving an item back

Sold a tshirt buyer was not happy so sent back for a refund .when I received the item back the buyer want £5 for the postage for sending the item back but I don't know how you pay this

Underpaid postage

Ebay have taken money from my bank account without my consent.They say my funds did not cover postage label cost at time of purchase.Have always been well within my postage limits ie weight,size etc as I have only sold small items & use evri for conv...

postage invoice

i ordered a camera which i received and have now received an invoice from Fedex requesting nearly hundred pounds for postage - this was not agreed when ordering or neither nay mention of postage costs - please advise

Buyers protection

Bought in a morning under a year ago with a year's warranty only been up five weeks at the most Got in touch with Sally sin. It was wearing tea and clearly you can see this stitchen is coming away

item collection only.

hiI have purchased an item that was collection only. however it was agreed with the seller prior to purchase that I would arrange for a courier. I have paid via PayPal. the seller is a little nervous as they won't be provided the qr collection code w...

Listing Variations

Hi Please can anyone help. I want to list some items that have variations ie action figures or t shirts etc I have tried the tool but I don't seem to be doing it right I have tried & tried now losing the will. Can anyone do me a step by step /screen ...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Authentication mix up

I recently sold 2 pairs of trainers to the same buyer and both arrived at the authentication center, 1 pair passed and was shipped while the second is still not had any updates. I got a message from the buyer to say he has recieved his delivery but t...

Can someone remind me how to do this?

I've totally forgotten how to combine postages - a buyer wants to buy more than one of my 'buy it now' items. I seem to have a vague recollection of creating a new invoice so the buyer doesn't pay the postage on each item but it's all a blur.Any help...

The item I sold hasn’t been collected

I've sold the first item on Ebay, I booked 24hours tracked delivery and paid the shipping fee to Ebay two days ago and the parcel hasn't been collected neither yesterday, nor today. Any advice please, would be greatly appreciated.

Update payment bank

Help can anyone help me i have had to update my bank fir payments although i have. Had a payment already to that account but when i put account details in it putting in ebay name not by full name as would be on bank account alrhough my selling bank a...

shipping label

My buyer has arranged for a courier to collect from myself and deliver item to his home address. He is asking for my email address to send me a label to attach to the parcel. Ebay will not allow me to send my email. Is there a way for me to receive t...

User avatar by Observer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Buyer not collect

Hi everyoneI sold an item on here a few weeks ago, it was paid for straight away. The buyer still hasn't collected the item (it's furniture). A few weeks have past now. I've sent lots of messages and the buyer does reply but not really saying when th...

I'm trying to open a 'not as described' case.

I bought wallflower mini plug plants in October. They seemed ok at the time but they were very small. These have turned out to not be what I ordered - I waited to see how they would grow and flower - nothing as yet. Others I ordered from another grow...

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Lost feedback

I had about 300 100% positive feedback; after an OS update, I had to start again from ZERO feedback. Is there any way I could regain my previous score? My account stayed the same after the change (user name, all details) but now I look like total new...

Out of date Item

The purchase of Tetra Medifin pond treatment arrived 30th May, the problem is that the label reads " Do not use after expiry date EXPIRY DATE 06 /24 this product can not be usedThank you for your attention S. Routledge

incorrest GSP ref

Hi lovely People-hope everyone is okay!I was about to ship my item but found that the GSP reference is not correct. since there is no one to get hold of from ebay, what am I supposed to do? Thank you All, Rob

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

eBay Human support

is there anyway you can actually speak or chat or even send an email to a human in eBay ? i purchased an iteam from a 5 stars seller, the postal services is set for 3-5 days, today is day 5 however the status of my order hasnt been updated from paid,...

Order no 23-

I have contacted the seller of the item order no 23-22593-64731 who has agreed to a refund . I brought the unopened package to the post offices and the post offices and the charge to return the package £22-40

Account management

How do I switch from a seller account to a normal personal buyer account? I thought I would start selling on ebay but I've since changed my mind, so I need to change my account.

no tracking updates

i don't sell on ebay very much so i'm not familiar with how it works. but i sent an item over a week ago and i've had no updates. it was through royal mail which i thought was the best service but i don't know where the package is and can't figure ou...

Dot I get refund

There was an item . I made an offer and the seller accepted it. I requested the seller to cancel the order and he asked me a pick up code as it was a collection. I gave him code ans few days now I been charged still. I tried connecting to Seller as p...

Faulty Electrical out of 30 day guarantee

I purchased a Parkside garden shredder £82.49 29 March 2024 due the weather did not get the chance to use immediately, after to uses motor burnt out, seller is ignoring me and Ebay have closed my refund case, I should be entitled to 12 months warrant...

Missing item - case closed without resolution

Hi community, I recently sent an item to a buyer, using the Evri service on eBay. The item was lost in transit and Evri said it was eBay's responsibility to resolve it. I opened a case with eBay and they closed the case without refunding the buyer, w...

Pls fix the messaging system.

I can't count how many times my message has been deleted for (It appears your message contains contact or payment information which is not allowed ) It might be ok if it didn't completly delete your message. You have to start again from scratch.. But...

Seller refuses to give RMA number

A seller keeps refusing to give me the RMA number to send it back for a refund. Despite them stating that any returns without an RMA will be refused. Instead they just offer me a discount off a new order. What can I do?

Prohibited items

I recently listed 3 vintage replica flintlock pistols. The listing was accepted without a problem.2 days later, after 90 views, 12 watchers, and 1 bid, the listing was removed as contravening their policies. Why was the listing removed after being ac...

email address

Delivery is due tomorrow, Need to change it but FedEx wants the email address and its a ebay one. @members.ebay.com Anyone know how i can find this. assumed ebay change it for security reasons or something

Banking Issues with Ebay

Absolutely disgusted with the time Ebay takes to establish my second bank account which i swapped from my first account for my selling fee payouts. 21 years a loyal member and now i'm no longer employed, they hold my monies back. I'm livid. I'm selli...

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Royal Mail non delivery

Hii recently sold various items of clothing and sent out over 20/21 may approximately 13 packages. Out of these 13 parcels 7 have gone missing and 1 request for extra postage payment. The 7 have been "rejected at inward/outward mc". I've phoned RM an...

Return not returned to me.

Hello I had sent out a BMW Pro Nav screen, fit for a 3 series bmw and the buyer listed the return as the item being faulty although they were trying to fit it to the wrong car. (It can fit to his 1 series just needs flashing). Anyway they returned it...

IMG_7523.png

I think I have been scammed because of the price

I tried buying my girlfriend a giant cinnamoroll build-a-bear plush for her birthday however I ended up purchasing an overpriced version of their regular-sized model due to the seller overpricing the product. I purchased the item for £85 which was a ...

User avatar by Member
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Seller rejected the return due to size, However later found out item is defective , need a label

Hi, I bought a jacket which was advertised as brand new without tags. The listing said no returns. I created a return because the item was too large for me. Later I found out that the jacket and the trouser were defective, had holes and soiled and it...

Regarding return item

I did request to return item but i have one problem i don't know how i can return item like where i can get bag for returning item can you sugget me i have time just till 13th june so please recommend me

Threatened by ebay seller

Called by ebay seller as I left neutral feedback for an incorrectly sent item. I have been sworn at and threatened by him and reporting to ebay where no outcome will be advised is not good enough.

User avatar by Member
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Missing delivery

I recently order a £117 item. Seller says it was delivered to me. I have never had the item there is no photo proof either. After 3 weeks of trying to sort it out and failing I left negative feedback. The seller has now messaged me saying if I change...

I have asked and asked the seller for tracking

IU ahve asked and asked the seller for tracking and delivery details and have heard nothing. I have bought another e-bike, and have paid a lot of money, but the seller is refusing to send the details, and I think this is another scam. The messaged me...

Items not delivered

I ordered 6 different lots of seeds early March but delivery says end of July , seller will not answer my messages , I've been messaging him since I saw the delivery date anyway I decided to put in a money back despute , I had to wait because eBay wo...

unable to cancel an order

I recently sold an item on ebay. I found i could not pack the item without damaging it as it had to be rolled which was causing it to split. I immediately made full refund to buyer and sent a message of apology.I don't seem to be able to cancel the o...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Item damaged in transit and courier won't deliver and won't return to seller - how do I get a refund

How do I get a refund? The seller is ignoring me. The courier has damaged the product and won't send to me and won't return to the seller. I can't find a way to get hold of ebay customer service about this. They just say I need to send the seller bac...

purchase of item

I purchased this item For Triumph Scrambler 400X Wandered Touring Smoked Screen/Windshield Kit the item has never appeared on my purchased items nor the seller. The item arrived but is unfit for the purpose i require and parts are not correct. I fear...

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Strange listing

I've come across this listing on eBay which is confusing me. The description and title states its a Dyson hairdryer but yet the pictures show a dress. I have messaged the seller but had no reply from them so I've reported to ebay that there's a probl...

Seller Onboarding

Hi, I have not sold on ebay in a long time and am running into some issues. I have created a advert and after trying to complete it i keep getting a error message, i have since figured out this is because i havent sold since paypal days and need to u...

Screenshot 2024-06-04 at 15.48.49.png

Videos on Listings

Hi just read on an US reselling group that their vids are missing from their listings, I just checked mine and they have disappeared gone from my listiungs as well, anyone else>

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

No Problem with Refund.

Received my item but was not happy with the size so the seller offered a discount in order for me to keep it.I politely refused the offer and requested a full refund which was given when I posted the item back (29th May).Today I got a the same parcel...

User avatar by Member
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Amazon Shipping

I use ebay chiefly to avoid supporting the corrosive business model of Amazon and Cheb Bezos' plans for world (and off-world) domination. I have noticed that some sellers have started using Amazon shipping and this is not apparent until the product a...

payouts

Hi,I have not experienced payout issues before and everything has worked fine. The buyer paid for an item 6 days ago and the payout still has not reached me. Unable to find contact details to even discuss with eBay. Any ideas? Kind regards

buyer kept item after refund

Hi, Can anyone help? I sent an item to a buyer last month and they were not happy with the sizing. I offered a refund which they accepted ad the money was given back to them. I then messaged to let me know when they have sent the item back in which t...

Voucher timing

Has anyone else had an issue with the voucher system that encourages selling by offering % cuts only at weekends and say Bank Holidays. Personally, a weekday(s) voucher offer would be far more helpful and generate far more selling than weekends when ...

Parcel never arrived

Hi people. Just a quick question. Where do I stand with this. I ordered an item from eBay which never arrived. Got in contact with eBay and they are refusing to refund me. Even though it is covered by the money back guarantee. I've asked the delivery...

Faulty item

Does anyone know if ebay have a telephone number - i am getting know where with a faulty item, the seller is not replying and ebay chat is a waste of time

Find seller from Item Number - 273320081224

This is a bit of a long shot, but Im wondering if there is anyway to find a seller based on the item number? I purchased a personalised item, and want to add to it, but cannot find anything about it - links I have found are dead. I imagine this may h...

Glarry electronic piano

Hi, I'm interested to know if anyone has had any issues with these electronic pianos as mine has developed a fault with the speakers and stopped working. I have contacted the manufacturer as it is still within the manufacturers warranty but they are ...

User avatar by Member
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

False postage info

Hi all,Sorry for the essay! Am hoping someone can please advise me, as this is the first time this has happened to me as a buyer after over 10 years of buying ebay items so not sure what to do or what the ebay policy is on when items are falsely adve...

Selling fees

Can anyone please help? Listed my van for sale but it didn't sell. I've received an invoice for £15 from eBay despite this. Tried their help section but it's useless. I thought fees were only charged if and when an item is sold?

Any advise on this kind of situation (abuse) to get best result

Buyer asked for refund (perhaps not 100%) for an order and suggested not happy about it. I offer free return advised customer will get full refund if order item is faulty. Buyer said want to keep the order item and simply need refund otherwise a bad ...

Mistaken identity

HiOn the 2th Jun, I have placed the order for the item Britain's 2024 road maps.I am an ebay member, at the time, of ordering the Web page was unavailable!, I went as a gest

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Selling at an agreed amount

I have agreed a price with a buyer but I cannot stop the auction. How do I accept an offer on a buy it now basis? The 'Buy it now' button has disappeared from the listing and when I try to revise/edit the listing the system will not let me.

Adding a second category

I have an item already listed that I want to go into a second category but I can't find out how to just add the second category. Do I need to just list it as a new item ? There is no "Product Listing" section as mentioned by eBay to select a 2nd cate...

Resolved! Identity Theft

Hello,I received a letter this morning from a debt company, instructed by Ebay for £175 fees. My fees automatucally come off the sale.The username was not mine. I contacted action fraud and now have a crime number but I also have to contact ebay relu...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Account locked

My wife has gotten a message to say her account has been locked, and she has to change her password. When she tried to change her password, she got a message to say she needs to speak to customer service before she can do this. After telling the auto...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Free 2/3 day postage

How do I get the “free 2/3 day postage” sign in green on my listing? When I put 2 working days in delivery it still doesn’t include this. Thanks.

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Refund declined for undelivered item

Can anyone help me please?! I paid in good faith for an iphone (£770) and didn't receive it. Tracking info from Royal Mail states that it was signed for by someone I don't recognise. The seller has gone quiet and ebay are refusing to refund me. What ...

Sending an offer to a potential buyer

I recently viewed a couple of items other people were selling and was surprised to find that shortly afterwards I received emails offering a special discount on the items. I had not added the items to my watch list, I had just viewed the listing. The...

Refund including sellers fees

Hi I sold a bike and the buyer came to collect it, he tried it out and it was all good as the bike was like new. The day after he changed his mind and said he wanted a refund as the bike was too big and the seat was uncomfortable. I was told by eBay ...

Emissions policy

Can someone tell me why when I list a power commander for a motorcycle it keeps getting taken down due to emissions policy when there are literally thousands listed on the eBay site, why do these not fall under the same policy thanksSean

Counterfeit/Fake

I recently reported a obviously fake Devilbiss spray gun Ebay's answer " We looked into your report and didn’t find the listing to be in violation of our policy. This determination was made by a customer service agent." What a complete and utter IDIO...

Seller refuses contact

I purchased some bookcases and after building them discovered BOTH had incorrect parts. I tried to contact the seller but they refuse to respond and this has now been going on past the point that eBay will bother to step in. How the hell do I get my ...

80% of

Is anyone having any problems accepting the 80% off selling fees offer it's saying I've accepted it but it's not applying I got in contact with eBay and they took both item numbers of which I had just put on and they came off the 100 which left 98 bu...

User avatar by Member
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos