Seller in hospital

Hello, my friend is a longstanding seller in ebay. She's 84, & been taken into hospital. She's quite poorly & memory not good. She's worried about her selling page & parcels to deliver etc. 

She can't remember her username so we can't access her page. I want to talk to ebay to explain but this seems impossible! Any suggestions please???

Message 1 of 6
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Seller in hospital

You could try searching for her items.   If any of them is a one-off or unusual you might be able to recognise it.   If you want to contact ebay you can use the live chat link on here:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/eua?id=5275&mkevt=1&mkpid

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
See Most Recent
5 REPLIES 5

Seller in hospital

You could try searching for her items.   If any of them is a one-off or unusual you might be able to recognise it.   If you want to contact ebay you can use the live chat link on here:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/eua?id=5275&mkevt=1&mkpid

Message 2 of 6
See Most Recent

Seller in hospital

Thank you that's helpful!

Message 3 of 6
See Most Recent

Seller in hospital

One more tip,  when contacting eBay.  I would recommend only calling them very first thing in the morning when the lines first open at 8 a.m. tomorrow,  or 9 a.m. on weekends,  there's more chance of Dublin answering.

@curlyo63 

Message 4 of 6
See Most Recent

Seller in hospital

She will have an email address linked to her account - every time she sells an item, lists an item etc. Ebay will send an email to this email which is separate to her Ebay account.  All those emails will begin with her username.

The name on her email may well be closer to her real name than her Ebay user name.

As her friend, you may even have her email address or other mutual friends may have used it.

"There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
Søren Kierkegaard, Danish philosopher (1813 - 1855)
Message 5 of 6
See Most Recent

Seller in hospital

Thankyou so much for your reply. I didnt notice it before.

i spoke to someone just now & very helpful!

Message 6 of 6
See Most Recent