Family, Home and Garden
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Let's be brutally honest !

Is it really worth the effort to try and keep FHG up and running ?In my opinion no !My reasoning being no matter how many threads I would open to try and generate interest hardly anyone comments on them and it all honesty I have no idea what would re...

Escaped Gerbils

My 2 gerbils have escaped from their cage, and are now happily running around the living room They are so fast, I cant catch them. I have made a humane mouse trap from a lemonade bottle, but they are totally ignoring it. Any ideas please

Email supposedly from paypal

Be careful of emails that look like they are from paypal I had one today, a receipt for a payment I had not authorised or made. A couple of allerting flagsThe from field only said paypal and did not include the service bitThe email included a link to...

Imagine waking in the morning ...........

to find part of your road had disappeared into a large sinkhole ! The people on that street in St. Albans must be worried now about their houses as that sinkhole seems to have appeared overnight although the fire service were already aware of a small...

What has happened?

What on earth has happened to this board? Has no-one anything to say? I've never been a dedicated FHG poster but I've always read the board and enjoyed many of the topics. Sooooooooooo, how about posting some reasons why those who used to be regulars...

User avatar by Guide
  • 29 replies
  • 0 kudos

A dog quiz

While we are enjoying quizzes, here's one for the dog lovers. I picked this quiz up in Stranraer last year, it was being sold in aid of a local animal charity, and there was a prize to be won. I am not offering a prize but will make a donation to the...

User avatar by Helper
  • 10 replies
  • 1 kudos

more puzzles film titles

Cryptic film titles… 1 Australia's top magician?2 Spot the German guy.3 The highest revolver.4 David and Mike are not in debt.5 24 carat piece of anatomy.6 Very cold time long ago7 Weekend illness.8 West 119 Whilst steering avoid flower.10 Saturday.1...

I need some consumer advice - guarantee

Good evening. I wonder if anyone can offer some advice. Sorry if I posted this in the wrong forum. My dear old mum bought a new fridge freezer from a local electrical shop on May 19th this year, last week (16th Sep) it just stopped working. I rang th...

Problem with a car we haven't got!

Our Renault developed several expensive faults, so in June we went looking for another, and bought a Vauxhall. We haven't got room for two cars on our drive, OH took the Renault to a scrap dealer. However, as he has neither a photo driving licence (h...

User avatar by Helper
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Where have all the listings gone?

I collect books and other paper materials on China. Each day I enter over 100 search terms, searching for Newly Listed Items. Under the terms "China Books" and "Chinese Books", the search terms with the most listings, there were over 100,000 items, w...

OH in hospital

now packed my hubby's bag as he is going into hospital tomorrow for about 10 days. i can please myself then what i do and what to watch on tv...it will do me good to have a rest.

food fads....

do you get fancies for certain foods? atm, I am mad on fruit, the thought of proper meals, meat and two veg, doesn't do it for me.for my tea I've had pineapple and dates, choc mousse with raspberries, yogurt and watermelon....how's that for a fit foo...

alternative sites

I must admit that at first facebook seemed a good idea, but I find it's difficult to keep in contact with people. Unless you stay on one particular thread, you start scrolling down and down and then someone will say something and you have to leave wh...

Need advice on painting walls please.....

I've just stripped all of the wallpaper off walls in the spare room and inevitably this has taken some of the old emulation paint that was behind it off the wall too. I spent most of the day yesterday trying to sand these bits as flat as I could, but...