What has happened?

What on earth has happened to this board?

Has no-one anything to say?

I've never been a dedicated FHG poster but I've always read the board and enjoyed many of the topics.

Sooooooooooo, how about posting some reasons why those who used to be regulars here are not posting now along with some ideas for some continued posting?

It's life Jim, but not as WE know it.
Live long and prosper.

Message 1 of 30
See Most Recent
29 REPLIES 29

What has happened?

PhotobucketMaybe There All Watching The Rugby

Petal
Message 2 of 30
See Most Recent

What has happened?

It's harder to post, harder to  get pics up... and everything you say is so censored its stupid.

a lot of people are struggling to buy food let alone stuff from ebay...add that to the fact that ebay fees and postage went up so I for one rarely even bother logging into ebay.. let alone looking for the link to the boards which is now hidden right at the bottom of the home page...

only here now cos I was looking for someone... 

Message 3 of 30
See Most Recent

What has happened?

You don't have to "look" for the link if you add the board to your favourites or bookmarks.

Live long and prosper.

Message 4 of 30
See Most Recent

What has happened?

Perhaps more people are following your lead cee-dee and just reading them rather than contributing to them. Woman Indifferent

Message 5 of 30
See Most Recent

What has happened?

people getting reported for silly things.

.................................................................................................................
Running away from your problems is a race you will never win.
Message 6 of 30
See Most Recent

What has happened?

i think ebay killed itself, slowly

by doing away with the 100 99p free listing the people who did those were on the forums too, waiting while things  were listed , sold and they were waiting to bid

things may have sold cheaply but as the saying goes  'look after the penniess and the pounds will look after themselves'

so less money coming in , means less money going round being spent on ebay, so if you arent on ebay waiting to snipe auctions then why bother going into the boards

after all the hassles of the last server move and the unfrirndliness of moderation these days many people went off to facebook and stayed there

they can raise money for charity without ebay taking fees too

lots of people look in once in a while but with  the slow traffic to the boards why bother signing in to say hello??

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take a breath, then count to ten, then breatheeeeeeeeeeeee out
Message 7 of 30
See Most Recent

What has happened?

Well I was never a FHG poster, I mostly post on the RT although I used to post on the Q & A until it got too over-run with personal disputes.

The thing about the FHG was that although the threads were interesting to read, I felt a bit too "out-of-it" to join in.

It's a shame that the boards are going down the pan and the old hands have deserted the site. At times, someone has a go at stimulating comments but without much success. Surely all the viewers are not just people who've only been "readers"?

Although I've got way over 16,000 posts on this ID, I switched to it when the board rules changed and  demanded a F/B score over 10 so I abandoned my original posting ID, I had over 10,000 posts way back in 2004 so I've not just been a reader.

Live long and prosper.

Message 8 of 30
See Most Recent

What has happened?

CeeDee,   7 posts, 104 views, says it all doesn't it,

Can't say what you want, cant say anything that might be rude, can't advertise, lalalala.

Message 9 of 30
See Most Recent

What has happened?

Maybe they are all out shopping for outfits for FHGs funeral !

Well it is as quiet as the grave nowadays and I cannot see it ever springing back into life.

Message 10 of 30
See Most Recent

What has happened?

Well, I'm still logging in daily and reply when relevant or necessary, but I do try to be as quick as possible on everything I do online simply though pressures on my time - the quickest I can usually get through my daily online sweep is about 2 hours, not including time to deal with the typically 100 e-mails I get every day.

So what I tend to do is a quick look through everything and then move on to the next thing on the list; with one or two exceptions I don't tend to hang around inside any one site while I'm doing the rest of the list.  So I am here more or less daily, but I'm not here for hours if that makes sense...

Message 11 of 30
See Most Recent

What has happened?

I look in most days, but there's less to read and not every thread is something I can contribute to.  The fact that the link to the boards is right down the bottom of the page means that new ebayers are not going to find it.  I don't think every ebay user ever found it anyway!  Plus ebay is very slow these days -  I've seen loads of complaints - and I think people lose patience with it. As in other areas of life, people find other things to do with their time, and you don't 'see' them any more.

Message 12 of 30
See Most Recent

What has happened?

i agree vamo about the link being hid at the bottom so to all you mods reading this board can we not have the link back at the top unless of course ebay wants us to disappear completely

.................................................................................................................
Running away from your problems is a race you will never win.
Message 13 of 30
See Most Recent

What has happened?

I agree with all the above reasons for not posting. It's not user friendly & the moderation is designed for a class of school children. I hardy ever post here now & much prefer Facebook.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I am made entirely of flaws stitched together with good intentions"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 14 of 30
See Most Recent

What has happened?

Posts are removed for the most stupid reasons.  It's a pity that the content of each post can't be looked at in the context of which it has been submitted.

It's a shame because a lot of people, myself included that used to love coming on here.  Maggie has it right - we are being treated like schoolchildren.

Message 15 of 30
See Most Recent

What has happened?

OK, I've read all the comments and what's coming over is dissatisfaction with moderation on the boards.

I agree BUT............... The "rules" are obscure unless you look for them. The main "rules" are the Board Usage Policy but there's also the Community Content Policy and the Rules For Everyone.

The killer amongst it all is "We may promote, demote or remove any of your content in community content areas in our sole discretion."

Really, that means that anything is a violation if ebay/the mods decide that it is a violation.

No wonder people don't know whether they're coming or going?

In consideration of all the above, I suppose some will not be "dictated to" and have left altogether but I think that's a bit defeatest?

The way to post (I think) is not to make directly critical remarks to anyone and to use the type of language you'd use in "polite company".

If, after posting like that you still fall foul of a mod and after re-viewing your post, a mail to Alan wouldn't come amiss?

Live long and prosper.

Message 16 of 30
See Most Recent

What has happened?

Been there & done that. Waste of time.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I am made entirely of flaws stitched together with good intentions"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 17 of 30
See Most Recent

What has happened?

I agree, you can hardly have a friendly conversation with anybody without watching every word you say, and I don't mean swearing etc.  We can't mention our canines, unless they're male ones, we can't even mention some of the garden birds, again that's banned.

So yes, they have the right to censor and delete even the  most ordinary things,  and we have the right to go on face book and have a normal natter.  And hey, guess what, even though we're not supervised, there's no arguments or falling out and very little swearing, which no one minds anyway!  🙂

Message 18 of 30
See Most Recent

What has happened?

CG said it all, it's very sad. I miss posting on here, but fb is the way to go, trying to post pics on here is a nightmare and I'm fed up at getting my botty smacked. I miss posting the funny pics, commenting on myself and others, starting off a thread not knowing where on earth it would end up.....such a shame.....

Photobucket

Message 19 of 30
See Most Recent

What has happened?

A couple Of clicks for a picSmiley Very Happy

Petal
Message 20 of 30
See Most Recent