The Books Board
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Harper Lee - To Kill a Mockingbird

It is sometimes hailed as 'The Great American Novel' [personally I think A Confederacy of Dunces takes that title]. It is a story of childhood, and how perspective changes as innocence is lost. It is also about seeing things from the other person's p...

Looking for book title

Hi,I am looking for a book title and\ or auther name but don't know much about itto be honest, I read a few pages a year or so ago at a library. It was a supernatural book written by, I think a woman, and started with aworld weary woman in the US par...

User avatar by Contributor
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

timings

Does anyone know how long roughly it would be for a book to be published before it got to a library? Our libary changed their system back in 2011 and so all data before that was lost and I'm trying to find a book that I cannot remember the name of. I...

Have You Got Books Imprinted In Your Memory?

I've read some books so often, that they've become permanently recorded in my memory. To the extent that I can read them - or large parts of them - "in my head", from memory, without needing the actual printed text in front of my eyes. For example, O...

Other platforms

Don't know if I'm allowed to ask this but I will go ahead. Does anyone here sell mainly HB used books and also sell on A B E books? I just wondered about other selling platforms besides eBay in terms of number of sales? Mine seem to be falling on eBa...

Disingenuous Reasons for Ebay Fee Increases

I just love the latest email from ebay regarding fee increases. Final value fees are now to include P&P costs, according to ebay to " encourage you to list all of your stock together with competitively priced postage." Ebay, do you think we are so to...

Please read about Charlie & Vote!

Hi, I usually only post on FHG but have a special request book people Please vote for Charlie! www.votecharlie.co.uk Little Charlie Grainger is recovering from an operation in St Louis, Missouri right now and will soon be returning to the UK. He need...

Massive hike in fees for International selling

The fee increases just announced (Final Value Fees extended from item sale price to the price the buyer pays including any postage option) is a particularly bad move for international sales, the heavier the books the worse the impact, and unless you ...

Cleaner book

Has anyone read The Cleaner of Charteres?. Just wondering as i ordered it and wondered if its good as it looks like it?. thank you.. its by sally Vickers if im right.

I am still here!

despite all rumours to the contrary I am still selling books. I will be at Alton Show this Sunday 7th July I will be at The Great Dorset Steam Fair at the end of August this board used to be lively but those days are past

Recommendations or Advice

I do not want details of costs etc..............can find those out myself Just wondered if other booksellers use The River, A-b-e-Books or anywhere else to list their books online and if they would be prepared to make a recommendation/give any advice...

Selling WW2 Books to Germany

I mainly sell wargaming figures, but my suppliers often have military history books which I resell as well as they appeal to the same type of collectors'. One of the many WW2 books I recently listed was The Best Of Signal Hitlers Wartime Picture Maga...