childs books

can anyone help me remember which of enid blyton  books features be careful woods ??

Message 1 of 6
See Most Recent
5 REPLIES 5

childs books

Hi. The only mentions of Be-Careful Wood I can find on the Enid Blyton Society website refer to a picture strip that appeared in The Evening Standard in the early 50s called Mandy, Mops and Cubby, and in a story called Mandy, Mops and Cubby and the Naughty Goblin which appears in Enid Blyton's Big Storytime Book, published by Purnell in 1956.

Message 2 of 6
See Most Recent

childs books

thanks len i must be going mad then because i was sure i had read about be careful woods in one of her books,     oddly so does my sister so we are both bonkers ,   cannot imagine its anyone   elses books its too blyton sounding.

Message 3 of 6
See Most Recent

childs books

I have come across another possibility: Noddy and the Magic Boots. A seller called BuyByeBooks describes it as "Noddy goes for a walk in Be Careful Wood and finds more than he bargained for". Perhaps Be Careful Wood is a location in other Noddy books as well.

Message 4 of 6
See Most Recent

childs books

that must be it then thanks,  we were noddy fanatics as kids,    my grandchildren do not seem to like him much hence have not really read them to them.   they like roald dahl

Message 5 of 6
See Most Recent

childs books

I can't remember that, but thank you, it has brought to mind Robert Frost's Stopping By Woods On A Snowy Evening

What do you want to find in:

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/The-Bene-Market-Square ?
Message 6 of 6
See Most Recent