Disingenuous Reasons for Ebay Fee Increases

I just love the latest email from ebay regarding fee increases.

Final value fees are now to include P&P costs, according to ebay to " encourage you to list all of your stock together with competitively priced postage."

Ebay, do you think we are so totally stupid not to realise that it is not for this reason at all, but simply because you want to generate more income. And why will it be different if you add them to the sale price?? you will still charge the same % as commission whether its 'free' i.e. included, or charge separately. Utter bullsh*t 

And as for comparing ebay fees to Amazon, they seem to forget that unless you have a shop, your listings disappear after 30 days Max, I haven't worked out if they have included the cost of a shop in their comparisson as I dont have one, but again this is disingenuous garbage.

Ebay, come on do something constructive for once to help generate more sales. To start with sort out the book subject categories, second please install 'product requirements' in the search refinements eg hardback, 1st edition etc. This is far more useful than finding listings that have free P&P.

Message 1 of 7
See Most Recent
6 REPLIES 6

Ebay search engine is a complete dream compared to Amazon's.... but I agree that would be a nice!

jane
Message 2 of 7
See Most Recent

@jimbooks360 wrote:

Ebay, come on do something constructive for once to help generate more sales. To start with sort out the book subject categories, second please install 'product requirements' in the search refinements eg hardback, 1st edition etc. This is far more useful than finding listings that have free P&P.

Here, here!!!

There used to be a facility to search for hardbacks - that's gone now and very annoying,

Message 3 of 7
See Most Recent

what happened to the new ruling that all listings had to be accompanied by a picture of the actual item not a stock photo that seems to be dead in the water  what a surprize

Message 4 of 7
See Most Recent

@ryalto-books wrote:

what happened to the new ruling that all listings had to be accompanied by a picture of the actual item not a stock photo that seems to be dead in the water  what a surprize

It didn't apply to media categories.

Message 5 of 7
See Most Recent

oh right. and is the new p&p fees included in fvf for all categories or just books
Message 6 of 7
See Most Recent

I can't believe that it took them so long to realise that people were starting auctions at 99p but charging ridiculous prices for postage in order to avoid fees. 

I see this in categories other than books.  Most booksellers charge a realistic price for p&p.  Some even undercharge, presumably to rope in business.

Is this yet another example of fair dealers being hammered by a rule which is invented to penalise the fraudsters?

Is it legal to take fees for postage?

"Write your Life Story and Publish it" .....

"Longdon Green, Farewell"....

"Use Google's Picasa for a Kindle, e-book, cover picture." ... on Hub Pages

Use quotation marks when searching.
Message 7 of 7
See Most Recent