You can have any book for Christmas...........which would you choose?

As it is the festive season........

If you could have any book in the world as a present for Christmas..........what would you ask Father Christmas to bring?

A year or so ago, a book-seller on Ebay listed a very rare, illuminated book. Full of gorgeous Chromolithiographs of trees, flowers, animals and Christian symbolism, it was the most beautiful book I have ever seen. I did not make a note of the title unfortunately. It was created over a lifetime by one nun, unusual as I think most similar editions are believed to have been designed by monks? The book-seller only put it on to give people the opportunity to see it. I remember emailing them to tell them how much I appreciated it.  There were loads of amazing photos which I looked through several times.........I would like that book please. (Does anyone with a better memory remember it?)

Failing that, I would like a pristine first edition of The Woman in White by Wilkie Collins or Middlemarch, George Eliot. 

Message 1 of 5
See Most Recent
4 REPLIES 4

I would like a small leather-bound miniature book with just one page in.

"The British Bankers' List of Aid given to Small Businesses" would do nicely thanks!

Message 2 of 5
See Most Recent

Oh, firecrest, there are so many beautiful books like the one you describe, immaculately penned and illustrated.  I would love one of the richly illustrated, medieval books of hours:  The Très Riches Heures du Duc de Berry, maybe!

My mind is now wandering and wondering ... if I could have any book ... ?  I'll have to think about it.

Meanwhile, I'll just hope for a few from my A/zon wish list,  Smiley Happy

"Write your Life Story and Publish it" .....

"Longdon Green, Farewell"....

"Use Google's Picasa for a Kindle, e-book, cover picture." ... on Hub Pages

Use quotation marks when searching.
Message 3 of 5
See Most Recent

Mine would be the 4th and unfinished Stieg Larrson book - a finshed version of course - from The Millennium Series.

Message 4 of 5
See Most Recent

Looks like i will be getting my wish (not this Christmas though) i read on BBC text this morning that a 4th book in the Millennium series is been written by David Lagercrantz and due for publication in August 2015.

Fingers crossed it lives up to the other three.

Message 5 of 5
See Most Recent