eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Collections
  • Great saving!
Answer
1234nicks
Community Newcomer
Postage to Channel Islands

Hi,just a quick question.I have just sold an item and have seen that the winning bidder comes from the Channel Islands.The UK postal charge I quoted was £5.50 via Hermes at home.When I looked at the cost of sending to the Channel Islands a message popped up from Hermes apologising that they do not currently deliver to the Channel Islands. The RM website states that you have to choose international postage and not UK postage so the cost of sending the item will be over £10.Am I allowed to increase postal costs because the buyer is in the Channel Islands and  postage is treated as international and not UK?

Other Answers: 6
topcat83
Community Member
Answered
in reply to 1234nicks

bit odd cos now I come to think my  bedding plants come from jersey and delivered by hermes

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1902elder
Community Member
Answered
in reply to 1234nicks

Topcat

Possibly they are shipped or flown from Jersey to mainland, then collected by Hermes for onward delivery.

1902elder
Community Member
Answered
in reply to 1234nicks

I have sent a few things to Channel Islands and just put stamps on to value of mainland postage. All have been delivered. However, they have all been small items, maybe I have just been lucky.

1234nicks
Community Newcomer
Answered
in reply to 1234nicks

When I go on the RM website it says that you have to select overseas for the Channel Islands and not UK.I think though that I can send it small parcel instead of medium now I've measured it.I had looked at quotes for medium parcels which was a lot more expensive.It looks as though costs to sending it to the Channel Islands is the same as first class with RM within UK mainland.It's a shame I can't use Hermes for the Channel Islands as I tend to use them now since RM prices have been hiked right up in the last few weeks.Oh well,it's going to work out about £2.50 more than I quoted with Hermes but I suppose it could've been a lot worse! Thanks for your help.

topcat83
Community Member
Answered
in reply to 1234nicks

channel islands are  uk for royal mail 

parcelforce is international rate

most couriers will charge extra for off shore

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1234nicks
Community Newcomer
Answered
in reply to 1234nicks

Maybe business' can use Hermes but not individuals? I don't know.It's the MyHermes I use.I wish I had found them sooner,not only are they so much cheaper than RM but you don't have to wait in for your parcels to be collected by the courier.You just need to designate a safe place and they pick them up from there.