The Round Table
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Have you got a pooch?

It seems to have become the norm in newpapers (and online news) to call dogs "pooches". Everywhere I look to read about a dog it's referred to as a "pooch". Do you call dogs pooches? Do you know anyone that does? A grown up dog is..... a dog. A young...

User avatar by Guide
  • 40 replies
  • 0 kudos

Is it allowed to sell concert tickets on eBay?

I listed a pair of NF tickets on here this morning but I can't find my listing. Are concert listings not allowed on this site? Where can I sell them instead? The tickets don't get released until tomorrow, I believe and the concert is this Sunday. Tha...

From one thing to another?

I don't know what other folks think (I hope to find out) but I find it irritating, even annoying that news items (in print & online) start with a report about something then switch to something different where I'd call it part way through.Also, nowad...

User avatar by Guide
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

JUST GOT HOME AND THE DOOR BELL RANG

I Said HelloIt Was The Police Only 5 This TimeSomeone Was In Trouble And They Wanted To Come InSo They Did,There Was Just Me And The Dog ( Dog Did A Runner )They Checked My Phones And Every Room And Recaptured The DogAsked My Name Checked It And Got ...

Dead Cat Etiquette?

So what's the etiquette if you mow down a moggy in your car?I saw someone being very scathing about a motorist the other day who "callously drove away leaving it there" They were so angry at the "level of some people's cruelty ". So I was questioning...

User avatar by Conversationalist
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Help, please.

I have this lovely old photograph, I believe, from the 1930s. Can anybody name the factory this was taken at. There is a name on the building right at the top of the card, but I cannot read it. I have reduced the postcard to allow it to upload here. ...

IMG_4411 (2).JPG

What to do with a very personalised item... research tips.

I have no idea which board to post this on so it ended up here...I purchased a silver bracelet with charms on it, all is fine with the purchase, smooth transaction, great items. But one of the charms is engraved with two first names and a date. I did...

User avatar by Conversationalist
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Hotmail account problems

Hi all. I have a problem. My Hotmail account appears to have died. The thing is, it's so long since I set up this account that I've forgotten how I set it all up. Basically I'm asking tha a clever bloke or lady (no sex discrimination here.) to run me...

Voyager.

Isn't it astonishing that 41 years ago the two Voyager spacecraft were launched and they're still speeding out of our Solar ststem? Voyager 1 is 13,500 MILLION miles from Earth now and Voyager 2 is lagging behind a bit being "only" 11,177 MILLION mil...

User avatar by Guide
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudos

Good Night, eBay Community! Rest Well and Dream Big

Good night, dear eBay community! As the day comes to a close, I wanted to take a moment to express my gratitude to each one of you. Your passion for buying, selling, and connecting with others is what makes this community truly special. Remember to r...

Anyone know the origin of this?

It's a somewhat "impolite" rhyme but there's a few versions of it: Where 'ere 'ee be, Let the wind blow free,For it wath the wind,Tthat killeth me. That was supposed to be an epitaph on a grave stone. Another version is:- Where'er thee be,Let the win...

User avatar by Guide
  • 25 replies
  • 0 kudos

What is bicycle brake cable called?

I now it's an odd question, but I want to buy a long length - probably about 7 meters - of the sort of cable used for bicycle brakes, i.e. with a wire running inside an outer sheath. The problem is I don't know what it's called, and if I try to enter...

User avatar by Experienced Mentor
  • 15 replies
  • 1 kudos

On this day......

On this day 78 years ago the first Atom bomb was detonated in New Mexico. The Atomic age had arrived and it was thought the beginning of the end for war had also arrived. Not so?

User avatar by Guide
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Kitchen window will not unlock

Your thoughts please. My kitchen windows are double-glazed, and lock with a key. One of the windows will not unlock with the key, it's as if the handle has dropped a bit. Would it be possible for me to ask a repair man to fix the actual lock, or woul...

A Books Board visitor

Hallo all, I haven't visited here for a long time but I wonder how many people visit the Books Board these days. I have just asked a question on the BB but I thought I may get more thoughts from the folk here. I'm going away tomorrow for a few days s...

It's snow joke?

How is it that when a bit of snow falls it cases massive disruption? I've seen reports of schools closing, buses not running and firms being shut for the day all because staff can't get to work.I remember walking to school in the tracks of the milk l...

User avatar by Guide
  • 15 replies
  • 2 kudos

China

In view of China's treatment of Taiwan, I am boycotting goods from China and will not be buying anything else from them.Please Join me in this boycott

User avatar by Not applicable
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

WHAT A WASTE!!

Just been reading an article online, that in this day of green energy etc and wasteing energy, British wind farms are apparently been paid to TURN OFF wind farms, because our grids can`t cope with the power they produce, if that`s true, seriously??? ...

Doe anyone on here watch or play Snooker?

Now, bearing in mind I've never picked up a cue and the nearest I've been to a snooker table is that I've walked past one a couple of times... What I want to know is......There's a player faced with frame ball, has a go at it, ends up absolutely inch...

User avatar by Guide
  • 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

Packing tape residue

The buyer wants to return an item as 'defective' or 'not as advertised' because some of the backing tape residue has remained, even though I've explained how to get it off easily and without damage. She wants a full refund. Is this right?

User avatar by Contributor
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Gawd It's DEAD on eBay!

Where is everyone? I know it's Easter and all but it's dead on eBay! I used to love weekends on the Round Table Board, but that was several years ago when people used to get pick slaps and need the pink botty cream.