I am new to eBay & cannot place any bids -"You have reached a temporary buying restriction"

I am new to eBay and so far, despite trying a number of times, I have been unable to place a single bid. I have linked my eBay account with my Paypal account and my is verified at every opportunity. I have never bought or sold any items on eBay so I can't understand why a restriction has been imposed. the following is the message that appears wen i attempt to place a bid...

"You have reached a temporary buying restriction.

You can only buy items where you can pay immediately at checkout. To continue, find an item with an immediate payment method and click on the 'Add to Cart' button on the listing" 

I would appreciate it if anyone could help me to resolve this problem????

Thanks !!

Message 1 of 5
See Most Recent
4 REPLIES 4

I am new to eBay & cannot place any bids -"You have reached a temporary buying restriction"

When you run into buying limits, a great way to lift them is to put a credit card on file as additional verification. You might be charged a small amount to authorise the account, to be refunded within 7 to 10 days.

To put a credit card on file:

1. Go to the Account tab in My eBay and click Personal Information.
  2. Under Financial Information, click Edit.
  3. Enter your credit card information, then click Continue.
****************************************************************************************

A consignment of geriatric shoe manufacturers.
Message 2 of 5
See Most Recent

@temperate_porcine wrote:

When you run into buying limits, a great way to lift them is to put a credit card on file as additional verification. You might be charged a small amount to authorise the account, to be refunded within 7 to 10 days.

To put a credit card on file:

1. Go to the Account tab in My eBay and click Personal Information.
  2. Under Financial Information, click Edit.
  3. Enter your credit card information, then click Continue

Thankyou for your reply, I have provided my Paypal account information because i did ott realy want to provide bank account on eBay, is this the only way around this?

Cheers

Message 3 of 5
See Most Recent

Do you have a credit card verified and on file with PayPal?

If not, then any payments you make through PayPal will be as an echeque and that could cause you problems.

Otherwise you need to place a credit card on file with eBay as above.

Message 4 of 5
See Most Recent

If you don't want to add a card you can buy any * item with a buy it now price, it just won't be yours until you've paid for it.

Once you get a few feedback you'll be able to bid on auctions.

Linking your PayPal account to your eBay account will help too.

My eBay
Account
Link my PayPal account

* excluding items from sellers who have blocked bids from buyers who don't have a card on file (if that's still an option).

Message 5 of 5
See Most Recent