Closing accounts Disgusted

I am today closing all my E Bay accounts having been an E Bay member for over 15 years. Two profiles 7540 feedback no negatives. 543 feedback , no negatives. The reason i sold some hi fi speakers two weeks ago. The seller requested a return two weeks after receipt of item. He says he did not open the item for two weeks and has found a defect on the bottom of the speaker. then he admitted opening the box but did not fully inspect them. E Bay tell me they wil honour his request and I have to accept refund. REALLY !!! Where is the seller protection. So under this ruling you can buy something use it for 29 days and then return it and damage it yourself and claim oh i did not open the box. !!! Disgusted does not really communicate how i feel. I used to love E Bay but there is no seller protection anymore. Everything lies with the buyer 

Message 1 of 8
See Most Recent
7 REPLIES 7

So with over 8,000 trouble free transactions under your belt,you're going to throw it all away over one that has gone sour.

Message 2 of 8
See Most Recent

it only takes one and yes e bay has been going downhill for a long time and good luck when it happens to you and see how you feel getting item back damaged

Message 3 of 8
See Most Recent

Op I think you'll probably find the same as I did a couple of weeks ago that you wont be able to close your accounts till all transanctions have closed and been clear for 30 days.

++++++++++++++++++++++++
Next mood swing in 6 minutes
++++++++++++++++++++++++

Message 4 of 8
See Most Recent

I need to know if I can close the seller part of my ebay account. I will continue to buy but, I have had it with the selling. I sell very little and the last two trades have been a fiasco .... one sent to Russia ... apparently it didn't arrive so I lost the item, value of posting and had to refund .... my last sale was to a new account created the same day asking for delivery via a courier to which I have no access ... ebay keep their £50+ fee, buyer gets their money back ... every time I try and sell on ebay, I end up out of pocket. The AI bot / chat is also the worst I have yet found 

Message 5 of 8
See Most Recent

No you can only close the whole account, or none of it.  Just stop using it to sell.

It's best to start a new thread rather than resurrect one that over 5 years old. 

It seems the member who started this thread changed their mind as they have sold over 200 items in the last year and have 142 active listings as a 'private' seller.

Message 6 of 8
See Most Recent

@papso22 wrote:

No you can only close the whole account, or none of it.  Just stop using it to sell.

It's best to start a new thread rather than resurrect one that over 5 years old. 

It seems the member who started this thread changed their mind as they have sold over 200 items in the last year and have 142 active listings as a 'private' seller.

Classic! 😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣 - Happy New Year!

Truth hurts. Maybe not as much as jumping on a bicycle with a seat missing, but it hurts.

You may think you have pushed ALL my buttons, but you still haven't found the mute!
Message 7 of 8
See Most Recent

you are indeed a classic, say no more

Message 8 of 8
See Most Recent