New listings price not correct since yesterday

New Listings prices not correct

all my new listings are showing the incorrect price from yesterday.. The listing itself is correct but the price shown to buyers is 20% higher.

Message 1 of 228
See Most Recent
227 REPLIES 227

I am amazed this issue has not been publicised, surely there there is something illegal about all of this?

Message 161 of 228
See Most Recent

Haha.....

Alan Turing could decode the enigma machine faster than ebay can decode a Glitch in the system & talking to customer support is like communicating with an alien spieces.

No help anywhere ebay is just left to take advantage of the standard consumer at it's own free will. I would assume the issue will be sorted out when ebay decide to sort it out. 

I'll just list nothing until issue is sorted, hopefully not much longer to go 

Message 162 of 228
See Most Recent

I am having the same issue in coins and banknotes. All very frustrating particularly with a long weekend and some time to list items and an 80% fee discount offer being active. I too have removed all affected listings.

The issue seems to only be affecting certain categories. Anyone with an 80% fee discount tried listing in the "wrong" category to see if the issue exists there in the hope that the issue is sorted soon and can then revise the listing category when it is? At least your fee discount should be protected even if the effective selling period is reduced?

Message 163 of 228
See Most Recent

I have listed in a different category & no extra 20% but don't seem to be
getting the viewings. Feels a bit like listing for listings sake.
Difficult to know what to do for the best. Probably simple, it's Ebays mess
to sort out, not ours.
All the best.
Message 164 of 228
See Most Recent

Just put everything in Coins > [Banknotes or Coins] > Collections/Bulk Lots and it's all fine

If that doesn't work another method is to initially list a random British coin/note in Coins > British > Collections/Bulk Lots, and then edit the listing after it's live.

Using the above I've got rid of the VAT error on all the listings where it occurred. However, when I tried changing the category of one listing to the category it should be in, about an hour later the VAT error showed up again. So I've just left the problem listings in the bulk category and they've been ok for 12 hours.

Message 165 of 228
See Most Recent

Has anyone at ebay any idea when this problem will be sorted out  ?  

Message 166 of 228
See Most Recent

We have 2 weeks now. It was enough time to do something. No respond from ebay, this problem still exist.

Message 167 of 228
See Most Recent

katie@ebay
Employee (Retired)

Hi all,

We have escalated this issue and it has a high priority. Our teams are working to resolve and I hope to hear more on this soon.

As soon as I have a further update I will share here.

Thanks,

Katie 

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
eBay
Message 168 of 228
See Most Recent

Thank you Katie,

Please rush them, I have listed a lot of my coins at a competive price, but because of the 20% added to my listings I seem to be one of the more expensive sellers.

Also I listed my coins using the 80% off final value fees, and now I am loosing this offer (as I cannot sell anything at the inflated prices).

When this problem is fixed can you reset the Final value fees on my listings ? so I get the offer with normal selling prices if this problen takes any longer. The only reason i listed them now is because of that 80% off offer.

Thank you,
Steve.

Message 169 of 228
See Most Recent

Hi @upda8077 ,

The final value fees will be based off the selling price of the item and the amount earned via the transaction. This technical issue we were not seeing the incorrect price by the time the member reached the basket. Once you do not relist the item the promotion will remain attached.

Do you have an item number where you are still seeing this issue?

Thanks,

Katie 

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
eBay
Message 170 of 228
See Most Recent

Hello Katie,

Here are a couple of items with the problem (of many)

Message 171 of 228
See Most Recent

Thanks @upda8077.

Our teams continue to work on this and are making good progress.

I'll continue to update you all here when I have the next update.

Thanks,

Katie 

eBay
Message 172 of 228
See Most Recent

Hi katie@ebay ,

Could you also confirm that they will also be correcting the VAT rate for those in the art category, selling to the UK from the EU, back to 5% and not show it as 20%. It had been correct until the 17th August.

It seems the correct 5% rate is being applied at the checkout, but the prices are inflated to 20% and it says 20% VAT will apply, when this is not the case.

Thank you in advance.

Message 173 of 228
See Most Recent

Me again 🙂

Sorry Katie, I did not quite understand what you said in your message about the final value fees, how I understood what was happening is I get the offer until my listings expire (about one month for buy it now). Then my listings will be renewed but the offer will not apply on re listed items Is this correct ? (if so I am loosing this offer).

or will the offer still apply to the relisted items ?

I got a bit confused with what you said : "Once you do not relist the item the promotion will remain attached".

Thanks again.

Message 174 of 228
See Most Recent

Hi @amphibolous ,

Yes the issue mentioned here is impacting art listings as well as coin listings.

The team are working to make sure the correct VAT amount is shown to buyers.

Important to note that when a buyer puts an item into their basket they are seeing the correct VAT amount at this time.

Thanks,

Katie 

eBay
Message 175 of 228
See Most Recent

@upda8077 wrote:

Me again 🙂

Sorry Katie, I did not quite understand what you said in your message about the final value fees, how I understood what was happening is I get the offer until my listings expire (about one month for buy it now). Then my listings will be renewed but the offer will not apply on re listed items Is this correct ? (if so I am loosing this offer).

or will the offer still apply to the relisted items ?

I got a bit confused with what you said : "Once you do not relist the item the promotion will remain attached".

Thanks again.

Thats no problem. I don't want to deviate from the topic too much here on this thread. 

We will not be adjusting promotions due to this so the best thing to do would be to go through the T&C's of your promotion as they can be different depending on which offer you have.

You will be able to see the T&C's of offers in the email you received about it or on the home page of your seller hub.

It will outline if you can relist the item or if it is based on a timeline such as a month. If you have any further questions in regard to promotions please open a new thread and I'll be happy to take a look. 

Thanks,

Katie 

eBay
Message 176 of 228
See Most Recent

Hi All,

Just a quick update on this.

The tech team have identified the cause of this issue and are currently rolling out a fix. It will go live in the next couple of hours but can take up to 24hrs to replicate across the site. 

Ill continue monitor the progress and I will post an update if there are any changes.

Thanks,

Dave

eBay
Message 177 of 228
See Most Recent

dave@ebay wrote:

The tech team have identified the cause of this issue

The cause is simple: unwanted, unnecessary, untested "upgrades".

Just STOP!

Over promise, then under deliver = negative buyer experience, INR cases, unhappy buyers and sellers.
Under promise, then over deliver = Positive buyer experience, joy and happiness all round. 
If only eBay could get their heads round this basic concept, this would be a happier place for all.
Message 178 of 228
See Most Recent

Thank you dave.

Message 179 of 228
See Most Recent

Same issue for me in silver bullion coins. Selling from UK. Not VAT registered but message saying VAT will be added. Also affecting my postage costs. 
I've just removed any listings without bids until this gets fixed. 
Unbelievably inept from eBay 

Message 180 of 228
See Most Recent
Got technical related questions? Start here: