New listings price not correct since yesterday

New Listings prices not correct

all my new listings are showing the incorrect price from yesterday.. The listing itself is correct but the price shown to buyers is 20% higher.

Message 1 of 228
See Most Recent
227 REPLIES 227

If you use the bulk editor then you can tick Item Description and then you have the option to add/remove text to the description in bulk. You need to select all listings on your Active Items page then click on Edit All to get to the bulk editor.

Message 141 of 228
See Most Recent

Thank you Rainbowtrax,  I did what you said, and a message popped up saying "added to all items", but it does not show on the description, I guess it is broke too.

It did add the message to a couple of items I have in a different catagory (commonwealth coins), but not to the silver coins in the bullion section.

So I just dont know, i tried twice with the same result.

Message 142 of 228
See Most Recent

Sorry to hear that. If it isn't working as it should. I'm stuck as to what else to suggest.

Message 143 of 228
See Most Recent

I have a suggestion

Ebay fix your system 

A world wide business that cant fix a so called GLITCH within 24hrs ridiculous.....

Its now 10 days and we are no further on, just alot further down the rabbit hole. So much for getting any help anywhere on ebay. May as well stick the middle finger up at your sellers/buyers. The ones that make your business. 

Nobody even knows if vat is added or if its auctions or buy it now or postage prices being added to.

What a mess with no explanation 

Message 144 of 228
See Most Recent

But don't worry everybody Ebay is "SORRY"

Message 145 of 228
See Most Recent

@miccr920 wrote:

But don't worry everybody Ebay is "SORRY"

It was me who said sorry - to upda8077 that my suggestion didn't work. You do realise that I'm not ebay? I'm just another ebay seller, like you.

Message 146 of 228
See Most Recent

I was not accusing you, i was accusing ebay. That's who is responsible.

I know you are a seller/buyer. 

Apologies for the mis understanding. 

I have no issues with any other ebay member, just ebay and its so called customer support

Message 147 of 228
See Most Recent

I just looked to my listing I done yesterday. "Auction style" normal price and note VAT 20%. Here is possible to explain to buyers about issues, but for "buy it now" you can't, here price already (with ebay help) 20% bigger. Here is complicated to explain something.... People not buying and it is normal. Nobody want to pay .... Here was place where people hunting to get (art in my cases) items for very best price... till now 

Message 148 of 228
See Most Recent

I list in the Coins category

Some, but not all, of my listings are experiencing this problem and I can't see any pattern (it was posted earlier that the problem might relate to the sub-category, or country of manufacture).

I have found a temporary work-around - if a listing goes live without the VAT error, it looks like editing it afterwards doesn't cause the VAT error to subsequently appear. So I made lots of duplicates of a listing that didn't get the VAT error, then changed them to the items that did get listed with the VAT error (and ended the original listings of those items).

Fortunately I have nowhere near 100 items to list, so all will still get the FVF offer.

Message 149 of 228
See Most Recent

You may have done this already, but just in case

Press 'Edit' on one of your listed items that is showing 20% VAT.

Roll down the edit page & just under the items Price it says 'NO VAT'.   This should be left saying this, NOT pressed.

I pressed this on one of my items when listing, & when I viewed the listing it showed 20% VAT .

I returned to my Item's Edit page & unpressed this button,

So, on the Edit page it now shows 'NO VAT',     and on the listing the 20% VAT had gone.

Hope this helps.

Message 150 of 228
See Most Recent

This VAT button doesn't seem to exist on my editting page.  I am a small private seller, is this why?

Message 151 of 228
See Most Recent

Yes same as my Sister's account, but she has had no problems with VAT, & all her setting are for the UK only.

Message 152 of 228
See Most Recent

I've tried revising the effected listings and under PRICING changing 'VAT ( included in price) from No VAT to 0% - makes no difference the price is still uplifted by 20%. As far as I can see everyone in Art listing after 17 August has this problem. My shop fees are due shortly - I wonder whether ebay will waive them - silly question.

Message 153 of 228
See Most Recent

I tried to edit all listings and found: 

VAT cannot be edited for some of your listings possibly because:

The price is higher than 150 EUR
The item is located in Europe or the United Kingdom

Question to Ebay: Why this note in euros? Item location is UK, seller business registered UK. Here is probably ebay mixed locations. Where we are?

Message 154 of 228
See Most Recent

If you have had no sales due to the VAT charge putting off you Buyers, eBay needs to review fees for anyone experiencing these problem.

Message 155 of 228
See Most Recent

For anyone in Europe (outside of the UK) who lists with eBay.co.uk - in the art category, the correct VAT is 5% (for a UK buyer) and since Brexit that is the rate eBay have used, but as others have pointed out, since around the 17th August, the problems occured, and this has now increased to 20%.

For those who list on a different eBay site (ebay.de, ebay.fr, ebay.com, ebay.ca etc. etc.) but also have visiblity on eBay UK, the correct 5% still displays. It is only when listing directly on eBay.co.uk does it ramp up to 20% causing this discrepency, so it is clear only eBay UK is at fault.

I will not be listing directly on eBay UK until they fix this problem.. It really shouldn't be taking as long as it is, it is not a difficult fix.

Message 156 of 228
See Most Recent

Snap!
I am the same.
Message 157 of 228
See Most Recent

Hello everyone, this is my first post, I first raised this issue on 20th August, below is a transcript of the chat, he did seem to end the conversation as soon as he could which suggests Ebay are fuly aware of the issue, its amazing a company as big as Ebay has not resolved this by now!!  Very poor ... I have not listed anything on auction since and the only way way around is to add my banknotes on a buy it now with free postage (so it does not increase the postage by 20%)  to Job Lots Bulk Collections to avoid the issue without a country of manufacturer or in the correct category for the notes in question.. not sure if this is the smoking gun! one thing is for sure, eBay views or watchers and sales have died since this issue. And, despite my chat, not had a single emails to say it is being investigated from eBay!

10:05:32 UTC Dhruv
Welcome to eBay live help. My name is Dhruv. I will be glad to assist you today.
10:06:01 UTC Dhruv
Hello there, nice to meet you. I will be glad to help you today.
10:07:21 UTC Dhruv
Could you please share your concern so I can assist you with the same?
10:08:04 UTC ooooozzzzz
Hi there, I have already put the concern when creating the chat?
10:08:09 UTC ooooozzzzz
The price I specified for an item increases each time I list it. I specified £28.99 for an item and when you viewed the listing as a buyer, it stated £34.79. I am a private UK seller without VAT
10:08:31 UTC Dhruv
To best assist you with this concern, I need to transfer you to the specialized team. May I go ahead and connect you with them?
10:09:43 UTC Dhruv
I hope we are connected as I have not received any response from your end.
10:09:48 UTC ooooozzzzz
Anyone who can help!
10:12:05 UTC Dhruv
Thank you for confirming. Please keep in mind that the chat will be connected within 1 minute with next available representative.. Also, I will note down the concern so my colleague understands exactly why you've contacted us today.
10:12:58 UTC Sandeep
Hi, my name is Sandeep, please allow me a few moments to catch up on your conversation so far.”
10:13:35 UTC Sandeep
Hello Jeff,
10:14:29 UTC Sandeep
Just to confirm, are you referring to this item "Venezuela Banknotes 2x100 Bundles 5 Bolivares 2011 & 2018 Consecutive UNC Item number: 265840526678"?
10:15:24 UTC ooooozzzzz
Yes correct, for reference, this appears to be adding VAT to the listing as it is exactly 20% but I am a private seller, all my items are located in the UK and never shipped internationally
10:15:44 UTC Sandeep
Thanks for confirming. I'm checking the listing details now
10:15:52 UTC Sandeep
Please allow me a few minutes
10:18:20 UTC Sandeep
Thanks for your time time
10:18:45 UTC Sandeep
Jeff, it seems this is a technical glitch in site.
10:19:24 UTC Sandeep
Please do not worry. I have forwarded all details to our technical team for further investigation and for a quick resolution
10:19:53 UTC Sandeep
In the meantime, please extend your patience and allow us some time to fix it
Message 158 of 228
See Most Recent

@more-ackers wrote:

When they say a week .....

They never have said a week regarding this issue, another poster did.

Agreed. However they often use a time period when people speak to them hence using that as an example. Plus its been over a week. 

The whole moon and the entire sky are reflected in one dewdrop on the grass.
Dogen
Message 159 of 228
See Most Recent

@dv-art-antique wrote:

I checked google about ebay issues today here is the answer: No problems detected at eBay. At the moment, we haven't detected any problems at eBay

So this chaos with VAT is not issue from ebay point of view?

Companies not always willing to state the problems they are having while having them.

Minimising the issue or even not declaring they have an issue.

Case in point, royal mail with last winter's postal delays. News reports of weeks of delays, multiple sellers reporting items showing delivered 2 3 or 4 weeks after sending.

Royal mail reporting slight problems in a couple of places ..... 

Or nuclear facilities - sometimes a problem occurs and is solved before you get to hear about it. 

The whole moon and the entire sky are reflected in one dewdrop on the grass.
Dogen
Message 160 of 228
See Most Recent
Got technical related questions? Start here: