New listings price not correct since yesterday

New Listings prices not correct

all my new listings are showing the incorrect price from yesterday.. The listing itself is correct but the price shown to buyers is 20% higher.

Message 1 of 228
See Most Recent
227 REPLIES 227

Hi Dave! I've just checked my listing in art section that were affected by this issue and it seems that the fix roll out has worked, but not on all items... Prices reverted to correct, as I listed them  on majority of paintings  apart from two which still show increased price (in my case there's no indication that it's VAT, but it is 20% up). An example is item number 203921296677. It should be listed for £25, still shows £30. 
Hope this could be looked into.

regards

yelena

Message 181 of 228
See Most Recent

Yes, I have the same issue. Many have now corrected but Many are still wrong.

just a couple of examples

Mark

Message 182 of 228
See Most Recent

katie@ebay
Employee (Retired)

Hi all,

Thank you for sharing your examples.

The fix can take some time to go across the site. Please allow for some time this morning and we can check this afternoon if needed.

Thanks,

Katie 

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
eBay
Message 183 of 228
See Most Recent

Hi Kate, mine is fixed.
I just listed 3 X 1oz silver Britannias
Everything seems ok
My free listing offer did not work for 2 of the listings but im just happy
i am able to list items again

Thanks
Michael
Message 184 of 228
See Most Recent

Thank you for bringing this to the attention of the technical team, and taking the time to read the comments... Mine show correctly now.

I wish those who make these changes would take more time to consider the implications, take the time to test it properly, get approval from someone with a thorough knowledge about how these things work, and with the potential to quickly roll it back if something goes wrong.

It seems to be one of those amendments that really wasn't needed, and appears to be just limited to eBay UK.

Message 185 of 228
See Most Recent

Hi  Yelena,

It looks to have updated now:

daveebay_0-1662028623043.png

Updates can take a little bit of time to replicate across the site or it might be cached in the browser. Just to make sure, can you check it with your browser in private mode and let me know if its still an issue. It should show the item at the correct price. 

Thanks,

Dave

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
eBay
Message 186 of 228
See Most Recent

Todays listings seem to be ok, but a quick search would show that the older auctions are still displaying

incorrectly.   I know the ebay search fcaility is so bad bad its virtually impossible for users to find what they're looking for, but it comes to something when eBays own employees are unable to find anything in a search.

feb52b65-e606-41fa-92d9-245221ba4382.jpg

Message 187 of 228
See Most Recent

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just listed an Austrlian Parliament Florin as a fixed price and it's added 20 % to the price, Fuming with this problem still going on.

Message 188 of 228
See Most Recent

Hi @jreg-fuchsias 

Thanks for the above examples. 

Ive been looking through the items and the VAT notice is only showing in the search results. This usually means they haven't fully updated yet but I'll keep an eye on them through the day to make sure it isn't an issue. 

Thanks,

Dave

eBay
Message 189 of 228
See Most Recent

I've about 80 listings that are still incorrect. If I end a listing and relist then it corrects.

Mark

Message 190 of 228
See Most Recent

I just listed something from Jersey for 27 and it's showing as 32.40

Message 191 of 228
See Most Recent

Items from Jersey, (The Channel Islands), are subject to 20% VAT when sold into the UK mainland.

Message 192 of 228
See Most Recent

Oh! Ok thanks. So mine isn’t wrong like everyone else’s mistakingly going up by 20%? I’m confused

Sent from my iPhone
Message 193 of 228
See Most Recent

Hi All,

Ive checked through all the examples above and the issue looks to be resolved on all of them. 

If you're still seeing it on any of your listings, let me know and I'll have them looked into.

Thanks,

Dave

eBay
Message 194 of 228
See Most Recent

Hi there

Can you please confirm that my item 185561997208 being sold from Jersey automatically puts 20% VAT on?
I listed it for £27 and noticed it’s listed for £32.40.
If this is going to be the case going forward then I’m going to reconsider starting to sell.

Many thanks

Sent from my iPhone
Message 195 of 228
See Most Recent

Though the Channel Islands are part of the UK, for fiscal purposes, you are seperate and have your own tax laws. You surely must know this.

We in the UK mainland have to pay VAT  to the HMRC on most goods and services.

You, in the Channel Islands do not pay VAT, (or any other tax), to UK HMRC, therefore if selling goods from Channel Islands to Mainland UK, VAT at 20% is applied to the goods.

Message 196 of 228
See Most Recent

Ok, so all goods I buy on eBay from the UK to Jersey should have had the VAT removed as we don't pay VAT! 
I'm assuming it works the other way round too.

Are you guys in the UK buying and selling with VAT on top to each other?

or no, because VAT has already been paid on the goods?

Message 197 of 228
See Most Recent

Yes all resolved now - many thanks

Message 198 of 228
See Most Recent

Hi All,

This should be now be resolved across all categories including coins. If you've still seeing the issue on any listings please let me know and I will look into it.

Thanks,

Dave

eBay
Message 199 of 228
See Most Recent

Hi I still have items that the price has changed for e.g

314123673325 this is supposed to be £129.99 and shipping £8.99 but it's different

314123518251 this is supposed to be £119.99 and shipping £8.99 but it's different 

So please can you look into mine 

Message 200 of 228
See Most Recent
Got technical related questions? Start here: