New listings price not correct since yesterday

New Listings prices not correct

all my new listings are showing the incorrect price from yesterday.. The listing itself is correct but the price shown to buyers is 20% higher.

Message 1 of 228
See Most Recent
227 REPLIES 227

Since yesterday your listings are showing the price PLUS 20% VAT.

Seems you may have accidently ticked the PLUS VAT box when listing

Message 2 of 228
See Most Recent

ebay (2).png

Message 3 of 228
See Most Recent

I've got exactly the same problem. I posted a comment further down this thread.  From the 17th of August the price the buyer sees is 20% higher than the correct price. looks like this is not just me. I have contacted CS and await a resolution.

Message 4 of 228
See Most Recent

Interesting that you are both listing in the Art section. Perhaps there is an error on the listing pages

Message 5 of 228
See Most Recent

I do not see it on your listings......look at the picture I posted.....their listing shows + 20% vat...your do not

Message 6 of 228
See Most Recent

That's because theirs are auction. On BINs it just incorporates the VAT into the price you see. I'm guessing the BIN prices should be less than those displayed, eg: £32.40 should be £27.00.

Message 7 of 228
See Most Recent

They should,  and indeed they are, as you can see if you put one in your basket when the proper price is displayed.

Message 8 of 228
See Most Recent

But why are they showing PLUS Vat?

Message 9 of 228
See Most Recent

@more-ackers wrote:

But why are they showing PLUS Vat?

Well it's plus 20%, the member in that case is not vat registered, so it shouldn't actually be vat, but it's a bit coincidental if it's not linked to vat somehow. 

And who knows why the listed price is less than the basket price?  I don't,  and it seems eBay doesn't either. 

Message 10 of 228
See Most Recent

The OP newly listed items, (since yesterday), are showing +plus Vat and they don't appear to be Vat registered...

Message 11 of 228
See Most Recent

I dont now really why.  I checked google. Here is note what ebay buyers will not be charge 20%. But people can stop buying when they see VAT.  Also they explain what other option is to add 20%  VAT inlisting. I revised 2 item with. But then they will charge 20% from me. Will see. But it not looks good.

Thank you for messages

Message 12 of 228
See Most Recent

Are you a VAT registered Business?

Message 13 of 228
See Most Recent

Are you a UK based business? 

Message 14 of 228
See Most Recent

Have you been looking at items on eBay.com & viewed you items while you were still on the same site which will show a 20% VAT increase that eBay collect.

I've had a look on your site & there is no VAT increase showing.

Message 15 of 228
See Most Recent

they disappear and after the while I see it again. On mobile always and on computer not regular. I not sure what see the buyers.

Many thanks

Message 16 of 228
See Most Recent

Yes registered UK

Message 17 of 228
See Most Recent

Just to explain my view, I regularly check out items abroad on eBay.com that I'm discussing with my relatives also abroad.  I'm in the UK.

When I look on eBay from the UK later in the day, sometimes it is still showing eBay.com and items I look at are at an higher rate which means I'm still on eBay.com.   I just exit & go back into eBay UK. 

I have also noticed this happening on my mobile devices whether I've been looking abroad or not, so I now take extra notice when entering eBay on my mobile devices.

Message 18 of 228
See Most Recent

Yes mobile sometimes goes to ebay.com. I found another thing as a seller. We can see views and watchers on my ebay. This stoped working too from Tuesday. In some listings I have 0 views and 10 wtchers:) Here something wrong with ebay site.

Thanks for message

Message 19 of 228
See Most Recent

@more-ackers wrote:

The OP newly listed items, (since yesterday), are showing +plus Vat and they don't appear to be Vat registered...

The difference between the two posters with the issue is that one is vat registered and the listings (before you open them up from the main list), actually say 'plus 20% VAT will apply', whereas for the other, who is not vat registered, the listing price is just 20% more than the price they set when listing (which is the price you then see in the basket).  No actual mention of vat at all.

There is another person posting with the same issue as these two posters, I don't know if thats a good or bad thing.  The more affected,  the more likely it is to get fixed, but the bigger the impact on people's sales.

Message 20 of 228
See Most Recent
Got technical related questions? Start here: