New listings price not correct since yesterday

New Listings prices not correct

all my new listings are showing the incorrect price from yesterday.. The listing itself is correct but the price shown to buyers is 20% higher.

Message 1 of 228
See Most Recent
227 REPLIES 227

Yes, and all three of us are selling Art - that can't be a coincidence.

Message 21 of 228
See Most Recent

Good morning all,

Thank you for adding these examples here and sharing some helpful ideas.

Are you continuing to see these price issues this morning?

And If so could you send me over an item number to review?

Thanks,

Katie 

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
eBay
Message 22 of 228
See Most Recent

Yes I am

Try this one, although I now have Dozens like this.

eBay item number:

Message 23 of 228
See Most Recent

In Fact it's now worse - Every one of my 1300  listings is now wrong!

Message 24 of 228
See Most Recent

On ebay.co.uk every listing I have is now wong. On the Ebay App only those listings added or  renewed after 17 August are wrong.

Message 25 of 228
See Most Recent

@papso22  The difference between the two posters with the issue is that one is vat registered

Sorry, but you are presuming , without any evidence, that the said OP is Vat registered. 

Message 26 of 228
See Most Recent

@ile136yz  It is not to do with being on ebay.com. I was 100% on ebay.co.uk when I made the screenshot on my earlier post.

I have the uncropped screenshot that shows me this.

Message 27 of 228
See Most Recent

Just spent ages on the phone to eBay and after speaking to 3 different departments the listing department told me that they have a major glitch since 17th August that has started to add VAT to prices.  I've just delisted my items until it's sorted out.  It was inferred to me that the 20% VAT would be retained by eBay and not paid to the seller.  They'll be losing much money until it's sorted out that's for sure.

Message 28 of 228
See Most Recent

katie@ebay
Employee (Retired)

Hi all,

Thank you for your examples and for sharing your experience.

I've opened a request with our technical team. I'm unsure when I will hear back from them.

Hopefully I can update you by the end of the day but if not it will be Monday.

Many thanks,

Katie 

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
eBay
Message 29 of 228
See Most Recent

Me too! What's going on? I listed a painting for £75 and it's showing as £90. Has my account been hacked?

Message 30 of 228
See Most Recent

Ah! They've added VAT to the price, and it will take up to a week to sort it out! What a mess!

Message 31 of 228
See Most Recent

No your account has not been hacked.

There appears to be a problem when listing in the Art category whereby Vat is added to the listing even for non vat registered sellers. eBay are looking in to it..ho hum.

Probably best to delist item and wait until it is sorted out but that is just my personal opinion. You will lose your 36p listing fee but it may be better than a headache

Message 32 of 228
See Most Recent

@williambiggles Ah! They've added VAT to the price, and it will take up to a week to sort it out! What a mess!

Upto a week to sort out? Says who?

Message 33 of 228
See Most Recent

This is the 3rd day and it still ain't sorted.  The young lady I spoke to today didn't seem very hopeful for a quick resolution!!!

Message 34 of 228
See Most Recent

Well I do not think that anyone even contacted CS until yesterday and the Community Team on here did not pick up on it until today so at best they are 24 hours into it.

Message 35 of 228
See Most Recent

What I.D. did you mean to post on

Message 36 of 228
See Most Recent

I can't see any VAT added to any of your listings or did you get it sorted

Message 37 of 228
See Most Recent

Their problem is slightly different. (braddockfine art). They are listing Buy It Now at say £20.00 and the listing is showing a price of £24.00, so 20% vat has been added to the price they entered in to the listing.

Message 38 of 228
See Most Recent

That's exactly what has happened to my new listings. VAT is also added to my P&P prices.  I've removed the affected listings until it gets sorted.  Incidentally my older listings are exactly as they should be.

Message 39 of 228
See Most Recent

Now that eBay have been alerted to the problem they should instantly halt the affected auctions/Buy It Now, as it is illegal to advertise, offer, sell any product and include or add on Vat for anyone not VAT registered.

Message 40 of 228
See Most Recent
Got technical related questions? Start here: