New listings price not correct since yesterday

New Listings prices not correct

all my new listings are showing the incorrect price from yesterday.. The listing itself is correct but the price shown to buyers is 20% higher.

Message 1 of 228
See Most Recent
227 REPLIES 227

No more issues, all gone. Looks like ebay fixed it

Message 41 of 228
See Most Recent

Oh no they haven't. I've just listed 3 items and they've added 20%VAT to the prices and the postage charges.  Nothings fixed yet. 

Message 42 of 228
See Most Recent

On no, VAT came back. Just linted one painting this morning and find what problem not fixed. The some listings listed few days ago and new one have VAT again. Last night all was OK. Now again....

Message 43 of 228
See Most Recent

Saturday 16.00hrs and still not fixed!!!!

Message 44 of 228
See Most Recent

Same problem, reported it yesterday still not fixed.

Message 45 of 228
See Most Recent

I sold 2 items to same international buyer yesterday  . One listed 5 days ago and another one listed yesterday. First one listed before 18th without VAT and with VAT item listed yesterday. Ebay charge VAT for secind item but not for first. Im lucky - buyer paid  for both items 

Message 46 of 228
See Most Recent

I sold 2 items to same international buyer yesterday  . One listed 5 days ago and another one listed yesterday. First one listed before 18th without VAT and with VAT item listed yesterday. Ebay charge VAT for secind item but not for first. Im lucky - buyer paid  for both items 

Message 47 of 228
See Most Recent

Have eBay included the VAT they charged in their payment to you or have they retained that amount?

Message 48 of 228
See Most Recent

@dv_art_antique buyer paid  for both items

are eBay paying out the UK VAT to you, or are they retaining it?

Somewhere down the line, eBay will have to reconcile the accounts, (to you), take the VAT back, (if indeed they paid it to you), and then reimburse the buyer. 

Message 49 of 228
See Most Recent

Iv'e only just come acoss this thread, I have exactly the same problem, again listing art. I spent 2 hours on FB ebay chat on Friday trying to sort this, with my chat person insisting nothing was wrong, and its either my VPN or me looking at it wrong. I have nearly 1500 listings. I havnt been through them all, it's a random thing with me, all new listings and some old are having the 20% added on. Hub shows correct price clicking on listing brings up 20% added on. It makes a big difference on higher priced items. If I go onto ebay.com and search for a listing with the 20 % added it will come up cheaper then the UK listing !  

Message 50 of 228
See Most Recent

I shouls have pointed out that the merge doc attached above is merge of 3 pictures showing how I see a listing in hub, the listing when I view it and what shows up on ebay.com

Message 51 of 228
See Most Recent

I trying to understand. Sold two items to same seller abroad. They added ebay fees - OK, fees from shipping price - really OK, international shipping fees - OK,  and price become bigger then they minus again all this money again, from one item the charge the VAT. I can found how mutch really buyer paid.  This calculation enough complicated for me . I did simple calculation  between my sale price plus shipping and money will receive from ebay and how will left after shipping. I will take home minus 28%

Message 52 of 228
See Most Recent

@dv_art_antique I trying to understand.

Yes, me too!

Message 53 of 228
See Most Recent

Yes. Finally I found ebay carched vat 20% from me for one item been listed yesterday and not for other listed 5 days ago

Message 54 of 228
See Most Recent

Still do not understand.

Are you saying that eBay invoiced the buyer UK 20% vat and then took that 20% back from you once the buyer paid the invoice?

Message 55 of 228
See Most Recent

So, I think you are confirming my suspicions that eBay have charged an additional 20% VAT to your buyer on the selling price & P&P if charged. Then they have kept all of that VAT charged to the buyer and deducted the usual fees from you??  

If that is correct it's clearly criminal, but have you received the asking price you set for your item less normal fees?  With the buyer shouldering the extra charges.

Message 56 of 228
See Most Recent

Here is two things. First one for example order details

sale 556, international shipping 70, ebay fees 56.59 and note ebay note total left 568.41 and calculation made included ebay fees and other taxes will be charge from others authorities, I dont need to pay. But when I check payout from the same order here is different sale 626, fees included VAT 104.54. take home 521.46. But I need to ship item the buyer paid 70 this money is included in final sum. So I will pay for shipping 70. Finally 521.46 minus 70 = 461.46. For this two items I paid 440. Also I needs to buy cardboard, tape and make the box.  No profit

Message 57 of 228
See Most Recent

On the positive side, it is all wrong and eBay will have to fix it. You should eventually get back to the original £568.41 giving you a profit of £67.41 or there abouts. Still not a great profit for your outlay but then I guess it is swings and roundabouts in our antiques and art business.

Message 58 of 228
See Most Recent

I understand it is a glitch in the eBay system but eBay are aware of it.

The result is that eBay are depriving both buyer and seller of monies for a period of time.

That eBay are aware of the problem and continue to let the sales proceed leads them to be guilty of knowingly taking money under false pretences, (that it is Vat payments where no Vat is due or payable).

Obviously, (one hopes), all will be rectified eventually but they really are being negligent/arrogant continuing to take the "false" Vat.

Arrogant in that they seem to take the attitude of, "don't worry, we will sort it out eventually but in the meantime we will continue as if there is no issue".

Message 59 of 228
See Most Recent

100% agree. I don't know but looks what they have some interest to do this. Not every want to complain and we know how customer service works and how long it takes...

Message 60 of 228
See Most Recent
Got technical related questions? Start here: