Family, Home and Garden
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

add-ons to yourself

do you use false eyelashes.......nails......hair extensions, fake tan etc used to be i wouldn't have answered the door to the postman without my make-up on, but that was more than a year ago. have never used anything else....... lets be having you th...

ebay connection.....

or lack of itX-( I couldn't get online at all here last night, the connection kept saying now you are now you ain't:_| did anyone miss my contributions of lunacy, wisdom with you guys? I was bereft!!!!! I mean, I had to sit and look at OH snoring his...

warning for dog owners:-(

copied from a friends post after the shock loss of her dog FB friends, we got the biopsy report back and with great sorrow I must share this....Our darling girl died from the toxin in this plant that I have on my deck. ... It is called heliotrope and...

diabetic help/info please

hi Dr. has now suggested it's time for me to go on insulin as my blood test is 9.9 been slowly going up over last year is any-one using "lanus" which is an once a day injection if so how do you find it? do you still get highs and lows? i'm seeing nur...

Vaginal Hysterectomy.

Sorry to post and run, but hubbie has the hospital this afternoon. I saw the gynae consultant this morning (what a pair of old codgers! ) and I'm booked in for a vaginal hysterectomy Any advice out there from those experienced in this op? Any do's or...

Broadchurch

I've been recording this and went to start watching tonight - first episode FAILED to record. Can some kind soul PM me with a quick synopsis of the beginning? Thanks in advance.

organ donation

would love to hear your views on this........my son has to do a three minute debate without being biased, he has chosen organ donation. i am on the organ donor register and so are my eldest..... god forbid if anything happens to my younger ones.. i w...

That cat question again

How long shall I keep my cat in when we move? Yes I know it's been discussed before but I don't know if it would be 2 weeks of 4 weeks etc. When I first got him back in 2009 he wandered off 2 or three times and it was hell, even the shorter 'lost' ti...

Spiders!!

Had 7 spiders in the house since Monday, including one on my neck, which made me scream - I hate them! Hope we aren't going to have a spider invasion this year. Have tried "Spider Stop" spray, but doesn't seem to work. I don't mind money spiders, but...

help.....re messages

i have sent a few messages to some of our members. im just wondering are they getting through..........could some-one send me a message and see if you get a reply please?

Sunday Lunch

Just wondered how many of you still sit down to a traditional roast today ?????? When the children were small I always made sure that we all sat down at the dinner table together to eat our roast and this has continued throughout the years. Today I a...

the pie recipe

for cookie, and leoleo who emailed me, oh and tara, have you sent me your addy? here's what the pie looks like when you make it in the cake tin to serve 6 to 8 it's sat on a 10" dinner plate! plenty for everyone:-D

Hello rainy....are you there???

I just went to put the hall light on, near the front door and I suddenly wondered if I'd looked in the mail box today. I hadn't. Guess what I found???:O Aw, thank you, he's sweet and what a beautiful heart, it's so pretty. Thank you so much. People a...

Little Princess Trust fundraising

So, way back in September I decided that I didn't want a party to celebrate my 40th birthday in March, I wanted to do something else to mark the occasion. I read an interesting post on Facebook that a friend had shared and thought, yeah, I could do t...

Please Help Our Bees...

I know many of you signed this petition when I first posted it on here (and thank you for doing so :-x) I've just had an e-mail (posted below) telling me that one of the 38 Degree members has a meeting with Owen Paterson the Environment Minister tomo...

Friday's tea thread

As there is no post tonight from the regular....thought I would start it - Friday night's tea? Aberdeen Angus beef burgers for son Home made spicy bean burgers for moi Getting really hungry just thinking about it now. over to you...............

super natural

not being religious myself.......more......agnostic i went to these so called physicists..just cause i was bored......a few of the family went too but i am still on the fence just throwing this out there;-)