warning for dog owners:-(

copied from a friends post after the shock loss of her dog 

FB friends, we got the biopsy report back and with great sorrow I must share this....Our darling girl died from the toxin in this plant that I have on my deck. ... It is called heliotrope and is highly toxic, causes total liver destruction. The pathologist said our angel had the worst liver damage he's ever seen. Goldie would nibble at the leaves of this plant every so often and we had no clue it was toxic. (It can come in white or purple.) Please share with any dog owners you know to hopefully prevent their dog from becoming a statistic like Goldie. We are even more heartbroken now knowing her death was preventable. Please share her story so that something positive may come of it and create awareness of toxic plants. Our own vet had no idea this was a toxic plant!!

I haven't got any but maybe others might have xx

Life isn't measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away.
Message 1 of 5
See Most Recent
4 REPLIES 4

Heard of the plant but didn"t know it was poisonous to dogs. Sounds like it is as lethal as ragwort is to horses!

Message 2 of 5
See Most Recent

I had not heard of this either 😞

Life isn't measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away.
Message 3 of 5
See Most Recent

My silly dog chews plants all the time.:_| Her favourites are Wild Geraniums & Cleavers, There are nearly 500 plants that are toxic to animals.:-(

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I am made entirely of flaws stitched together with good intentions"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 4 of 5
See Most Recent