Happy St George's Day

Good morning and a happy St George's Day one and all. Don't think us English celebrate quite like the Irish do on St Patrick's Day though.

Remember - it takes 17 muscles to smile and 44 muscles to frown - SO KEEP SMILING 🙂
Message 1 of 13
See Most Recent
12 REPLIES 12

Happy St George's Day

Happy St George's day and I think that you're right tintin, us English don't celebrate St George's Day as it should be celebrated.

Message 2 of 13
See Most Recent

Happy St George's Day

Totally agree, although hubby & his mates are off on thier annual St Georges Day beano around L

Photobucket
Message 3 of 13
See Most Recent

Happy St George's Day

😄

Message 4 of 13
See Most Recent

Happy St George's Day

“I don't trust anyone who doesn't laugh.”
Message 5 of 13
See Most Recent

Happy St George's Day

huggles1253

Also Happy Birthday to William Shakespeare, and death day, the original stand up comic!

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.
Message 6 of 13
See Most Recent

Happy St George's Day

My daughters already had a moan in her local Co-Op. no St Georges merchandise at all despite having reams of St Patricks Day stuff, flags, hair tyes, cards etc. Not one St G it for sale. What do we expect in London?

Photobucket
Message 7 of 13
See Most Recent

Happy St George's Day

Happy St. George's Day everyone. xxxx

Life is too short so enjoy it while you can!
Message 8 of 13
See Most Recent

Happy St George's Day

huggles1253

Unfortunately the England flag has become associated with racism and football hooliganism over the years.

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.
Message 9 of 13
See Most Recent

Happy St George's Day

I think if more people flew the England flag it might lose some of that reputation. I have a flagpole (mast off a boat) in my garden but only have a union flag not an england one or I would fly it. Perhaps & will get one for next year.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I am made entirely of flaws stitched together with good intentions"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 10 of 13
See Most Recent

Happy St George's Day

Happy St.George Day...even tho I'm Scottish.

We have the same lack of interest in St. Andrew:|

********************************************************************************
Be not inhospitable to strangers, lest they be Angels in disguise.

Message 11 of 13
See Most Recent

Happy St George's Day

In the communal garden of my flat there is a big flagpole.  Its normally flying a large Union Jack but today its been changed for the flag of St George.  I think the man upstairs must put it up.  I am used to seeing the flag up now but when I first moved in I thought it a bit odd which made me think more about why I thought it odd and its probably to do with the racist connections over the years 😞

Message 12 of 13
See Most Recent

Happy St George's Day

I have a foot in both camps...English mother Welsh father,

so Happy St George day to everyone.....
🙂

my friend in work has made me a full honorary ~Welshwoman:^O

Photobucket

Message 13 of 13
See Most Recent