Family, Home and Garden
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Opinions and comments needed, please.

I'll just give a brief outline and if you need details I'll fill them in but here is what has happened. I would love to hear what you think should happen next. Had new glasses several weeks ago and they dug into my nose until it bled and I couldn't s...

son has an interview

tomorrow morning........for a helper in a childrens care home. (can quietly whisper....theres a good chance he will have a few days trial...wink wink)

Remember this?

It's a year ago Thursday she had her op to have a new cruciate ligament in her knee. She has to go to the vet's tomorrow, I think she's done the other one!!:_| Looks like we'll both be on crutches at the same time.:O

Hey, captainbovine!!!

Hello capt. Aw, thank you, isn't he sweet, and such small stitches too. I'm definitely going to take him with me. My email doesn't work again, I've got that 'overquota' message again, I don't know why. So, thanks a million! :-x :-x :-x And thank you ...

Proud Mum alert

Our son was on BBC Radio Norfolk this afternoon, talking about the play he's in, which is currently touring East Anglia I thought he sounded cool, though I could be a little biased :-x He was on, er, Stephen Bumfrey's show.. .. That's possibly a litt...

big ask re C.V

could anyone help with writing a C.V. for my son David he has never had the opportunity to work.. the one he has used is certainly not standing out, and to top that......we can't find the original:_|

O Captain! My Captain..................

'' For you bouquets and ribbon'd wreaths- for you the shores a-crowding, For you they call, the swaying mass, their eager faces turning,............'' That pie is blummin' fantastic :^O Made it last night and there is one slice left for my lunch toda...

Tuesdays Tea Thread

OH and MissH are having pizza and salad, smallest and I shall be having sausage rolls, crispy potato fings and baked beans:-D What are you having tonight?

Flood Insurance

Hi there A house I part own has recently flooded and I have been quoted £2400 per annum with a £5000 excess.for house insurance I know this is a lot of money but does anyone know if it is actually a reasonable quote given the risks ?? Or just an insu...

Chaldon AnimaL Sanctuary needs your vote

I have nominated Chaldon Animal Sanctuary for The Big Break charity give-away this month. (I think Yorkshire Cat Rescue won £100 last month - I am just waiting for confirmation from Sara.) Please can you vote for Liz and her furries - and try to get ...

Calling CaptainBovine........

Take a peek on the Sewing Thread, the little outfit is done, and even made a little pair of shoes to match. Hope you like them Can you contact me on my proper email address please (the one you usually send the ecards to) as will need your new address...

Cancelling the gas & elec advise please

Today I started making enquires about cancelling gas etc. When I phoned to tell them I was moving and would no longer require their service, they asked when I was handing over the keys. As I haven't sold it, and haven't a confirmed tennant, I said th...

jobs over the years?

painting and decorating for the elderly sold insurance/mortgages in an estate agents packed cutlery in london.....before i got into the civil service also in london worked for the Belfast Law Society....helping people claim benefits sold fireplaces/f...

Measles

is spreading rapidly in the South Wales area especially in near by Swansea. Please think about having your children immunised if they haven't already been. (I do appreciate that many people have strong views on this but the damage that can be caused ...

What's best to hide a fence?

I have a 6 foot wooden fence (not larch lap type) and would like to know what to plant in front of it to hide it. Would like something that grows quickly and is evergreen. Thought English Ivy might be ok. Any advise please?

What Is This Garden Pest Please??

This is the little devil that is on our plants. The pictures may not be that clear, was trying to get a close up. It's green in colour, with a little brown face and has little legs. It's causing the leaves to curl and it's eating the plants, it makes...

craft question.

I have been using a pen to draw around patterns onto felt, however, the lines sometimes show. I know you can get a pen I think it is that fades out. does anyone know what it's called so I can look to buy one? I fankyou xx:-)