Buying
Discover tried-and-true techniques for better bidding and buying on eBay from fellow experienced members.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Seller is asking for more money

I won an item on auction, I've been watching it all week. I have paid fully for the item and postage. The seller has messaged me to say that its going to cost him more to send the item and wants me to pay him more money on postage which I don't know ...

Purchace

Odered a replacemnt petrol strimmer head via PayPal but have not received it yet. Am I likely get it ?

Resolved! Appalling new eBay bidding "glitch", more seconds added, & allows snipers to out bid a winning bid

I have been buying & selling on eBay for over 15 years, & have watched whilst little by little eBay tweek elements which have worked perfectly, but this new little trick up the sleeve of eBay when bidding, takes the biscuit. You find an item you want...

just bought on eBay and I saw suddenly a “UK VAT added to price” for the first time is this correct

Hi, I just bought an item on eBay and I saw added to the final price before payment a "UK VAT added to price" to a value of 20%. I have never seen that before in more than 18 years on eBay. The seller is in UK and I am also in UK. Is this correct and...

User avatar by Contributor
  • 232 replies
  • 8 kudos

Advice on a counterfeit item report

I purchased a pair of stone island joggers yesterday, they're due here on monday.after looking back at the listings photos I've just discovered they are fake after some advice online (the item's label contains a spelling mistake and the buttons are n...

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Fraudulent eBay Seller

I've been on eBay for over five years, and during that time, I have bought and sold many products, and for each transaction, I have been honest and transparent. This past week, I put a bid on a GOOGLE PIXEL FOLD 512GB from an eBay seller. I won the b...

Receiving Seller Offers on items Viewed but NOT in my Watch List!

Hello All, Do you enjoy the casual browse ( Luxury Items - Bentley, Leica etc) whilst then seeking out items to purchase - I do. But I'm being 'put off' by receiving Seller Offers simply because I viewed the item - I currently have SEVEN of them in m...

User avatar by Member
  • 21 replies
  • 10 kudos

Ebay getting worse for buyers

Don't know about you but my experience of eBay has gone down massively this decade, they literally have gone against buyers giving us no protection against thieving courier companies even after proof provided and now they won't let you cancel orders ...

private listing - bidder identity protected

Can anyone advise why the above "private listing - bidder identity protected" appears. Surely this would encourage some less trustworthy sellers to bid up their own items.

Courier

I am becoming very weary of sellers listing courier as Royal Mail, then sending Evri or Yodel, both of whom are diabolical here.If a seller lists an item as being sent via one of these, I always ask if it is possible to send Royal Mail - if not, I lo...

User avatar by Conversationalist
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Item not received - Evri delivered to wrong address

This hasn’t happened to me before, after well over 1000 eBay purchases during the past 22 years. In short, I received a notification that Evri’s courier “Lawrence” had “securely” delivered my item. Except he didn’t. My wife was at home at the claimed...

Damaged item

Hi all so i bought a pair of sneakers on eBay and they went through authenticity guarantee however when they got delivered to me today the parcel was all damaged and the shoe box itself is pretty damaged to this is no fault of the seller but has gone...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Solar Panels - Listed with outputs impossible for the sizes

Anyone else noticed solar panels being listed with wattage impossible for the sizes, sometimes vastly? Also I recently bought 2 x 80 watt panels but on looking around other sellers (reputable), the dimensions of panel very similar to their 30 watt pa...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos