The designated click and collect location refused delivery!

Just won an item on ebay which I very much want. I choose the the designated click and collect location at check out. It was taking a while so I checked the tracking number and it said

The item was refused delivery at the location and sent back to sender. 

Why on earth did the click and collect place refuse an ebay package and what  happens now?!  Still very much want the parcel 

Message 1 of 10
See Most Recent
9 REPLIES 9

You need to message the seller, most likley they did not put the ebay number on the address label.

Needed to say it is your parcel address and name will not do.

Message 2 of 10
See Most Recent

I just had a disgruntled customer find that their item had been refused by the 'click and collect' location. The ebay code number was definitely on it, as it was an ebay generated label.

Message 3 of 10
See Most Recent

It might have been too big, what was it?

Message 4 of 10
See Most Recent

It was a camcorder in a box and not very big (31cm X 31cm X 24cm). The buyer has been to the petrol station which purports to be a 'click and collect' location and they said that they refused the delivery as they had no space. I've never seen a maximum size flagged up for 'click and collect' and I wonder if the whole idea of 'click and collect' is flawed? It has caused a weeks delay, so far (ebay insist that I post packets on the same day they are paid for) and the packet has not yet surfaced anywhere, as it's not been returned to me and I have not been given any tracking for the return. I'm not impressed.

Message 5 of 10
See Most Recent

Ebay say:
Your item weighs no more than 15kg (including packaging) and no one side of the parcel exceeds 90cm, with max dimensions of 
0.324 cubic metres. (Any items that are too large or exceed the weight limit will be rejected on arrival at the Click & Collect location and may be disposed of, without reimbursement). If it ever gets back, I'll check the dimensions. The weight was under 5kg.

Message 6 of 10
See Most Recent

The parcel which I sent and was refused by the 'click and collect' location had all the correct ebay number and address on it but the  'click and collect' location arbitrarily refused to accept it as they:"didn't have space". Do the 'click and collect' locations not have any contractual obligation and if not, then why not?

Message 7 of 10
See Most Recent

just had the same thing happen to me, reason unknown so far. I'm sure I'll be covered by paypal moneywise but I wanted the item, that's why I bought it and my time chasing is not equated. I'm pretty upset that a click and collect location can just choose not  fufill their obligations.

Im also upset that ebay don't seem to be taking postal issues seriously,  I am seemingly having to chase or collect or return every other order now. If I don't have a secure location nearby where I can reliably collect my goods, with opening hours, ie: not my neighbours, then this seriously undermines my ability to find buyable listings and stick to timeframes when completing projects.

Further, ebays widespread removal of negative feedback for bad sellers is starting to seriously undermine the platform. It makes feedback pointless.  I have been buying here for 19 years, it's never been as bad as this and increasingly I am going to other platforms to purchase.

Message 8 of 10
See Most Recent

also just happened today, spoke with Royal Mail and apparently it's something to do with it being special next day delivery? I am extremely unhappy with Ebay for offering click and collect when these issues exist. The time and effort now required from both me and the seller is unacceptable

Message 9 of 10
See Most Recent

This has just happened with an item my husband has orderd (Next day delivery with Royal Mail to 'Click and Collect' at local store). He was sent the tracking number and it says it is being returned to the National Returns office. The seller has 100% positive feedback with 65+ sales so I feel it is unlikely they have left anything off the label as, as far as we know, it was an automatically generated eBay label that provided the above collection option. Rightfully he is very annoyed as really wanted this item and would rather not have to go through a lengthy refund process etc. 

Has anyone had any futher progress with this sort of issue, is there a way of contacting them or getting the parcel sent back at all?

Message 10 of 10
See Most Recent
Got buying related questions? Start here: