Bidding Bot???

Everytime I bid on this item, I'm outbid by 50p. And it says the bid was made multiple days ago. I've bid 3 times now and I keep getting outbid by the same username, however the previous bid of the user is replaced by the new amount so it always looks like they bid only once. Their single bid keeps increasing whenever I bid higher than it.

1000000639.png

1000000640.png

Message 1 of 5
See Most Recent
4 REPLIES 4

Bidding Bot???

I notice you only registered last month.

Read this below it might help you to understand how bidding works on eBay:

Automatic bidding | eBay

Message 2 of 5
See Most Recent

Bidding Bot???

The other bidder has made the highest maximum bid they want to pay on the 24th Jan at 10.55am.

If you use a browser you can see all the bids not just the ones where you bid lower than their max bid.

By max bid I mean they they could have bid for example £20 or more on their first and only bid.

Screenshot_2024-01-25-12-12-11-968~2.jpeg

People should remember karma is like a rubber band.
It only stretches so far before it comes back and smacks you in the face.
Message 3 of 5
See Most Recent

Bidding Bot???

The bidding bot is ebay and it is working as intended.  When you put your maximum in, the price only goes up to one increment above the current bid.  If someone else bids ebay automatically puts the person's bid up to one increment over the new bid. Until the maximum  is reached.

Message 4 of 5
See Most Recent

Bidding Bot???

The other person has bid more than you

eBay uses a proxy bidding system so places bids for buyers up to their maximum bid

You have not bid more than their maximum bid, (which is hidden). 

if you want to "win" the bidding you need to bid more than their maximum bid, by placing YOUR maximum bid

What you are doing at the moment is "nibble bidding".

There is no need to bid more than once on a proxy bidding system, just bid your maximum, once. 

Just bid your maximum, and if it is more than the other bidders bid you will win, if not, then the other bidder wins because they bid more than you. 

Message 5 of 5
See Most Recent
Got buying related questions? Start here: