Aquiline tracking scam BEWARE

Hi, 

I recently bought an item on the 16th January 2023 which was supposed to be located in ilford Essex from an Ebay seller. When the item hadn't arrived 2 weeks after the purchase date I contacted the seller to report that item hadn't arrived and the Aquiline tracking number they had posted  on Ebay showed the item was  still in transit so presumably had been lost i posted a screenshot of the tracking info as proof and said i would like a refund. The seller replied apologies for me not receiving they would check with the courier, fast forward to the next day and the seller replied stating delivery was made on the 19th January, and when I checked the tracker had been updated

I had never heard of AQUILINE so I tried a few different websites to try and track my item and they all showed my item originated in the USA and was destined for the USA which in itself was odd because I live in the UK and the item was supposed to be located in ilford. I contacted the seller again and refuted the claim my item was delivered to my address, I asked 3 times for the name of the actual courier service that had delivered the item and proof of delivery either a signature of photo of the item being accepted. The seller totally ignored my requests and just kept posting a link to a website that showed the item as delivered. To cut a long story short,

I then escalated the matter to ebay who asked the seller to contact me which he did but the bog standard replies were the same. The seller then asked ebay to resolve the matter and they closed the case because the item showed as delivered. I then rang customer service to appeal the decision to be told I can't unless I get proof the item wasn't delivered from Aquiline. They have no contact information on the website ??? 

By this time I was absolutely seething so as I had paid on my credit card I spoke to my bank and explained what had happened and that I had proof the item had never left the USA despite the tracking on Aquilines website showing delivery was made, as I was told I could apply for a charge back through my bank.

I then messaged the seller saying that the whole thing was an absolute scam and they sold me something they had no intention of delivering and I was going to apply for a refund via a charge back with my bank and they could fight it out with my credit card provider.

Lo and behold 2 hours later I have a message from the seller saying they have investigated and the courier delivered to the wrong address and they will refund me !!!!!

So this was obviously a scam 

I will be closing my Ebay account as soon as the refund is processed in future I will only buy online through Amazon or other reputable websites because Ebay are allowing sellers to use this AQUILINE to scam their customers. The moral of this is never give up and always pay with a credit card

Message 1 of 131
See Most Recent
130 REPLIES 130

If this happens in the future do not waste any time contacting the seller.  On the day following the latest date for delivery [from your purchase] simply open a non-receipt case and escalate for a refund after 4 days. 

"Your seller will refund you" - if he does not then you have still the option - as you imply - to get a refund through CC.  [I very much doubt that your seller can check with the courier who would confess to delivery failure]

Opening a case informs seller and eBay.  @hammetts_mum 

Message 2 of 131
See Most Recent

Hi, 

Thank you for your reply.

I didnt know that was an option I have been buying on Ebay for almost 20 years but I wont be using them in future once I have my refund I will be closing my account.

Message 3 of 131
See Most Recent

Leaving would be a shame - I recall the ID from the past!

@hammetts_mum 

Message 4 of 131
See Most Recent

Something very similar has just happened to me. I ordered from a UK buyer but never received my item. When I asked the seller if there was a problem, I was provided with an Aquiline Tracking number which claimed they'd delivered to me. I'd never heard of Aquiline Tracking before this, and they certainly have never delivered to me. As with the OP, eBay has sided with the seller because they have a tracking number. It seems eBay is well aware of Aquiline Tracking and their interesting attempts at delivery.

Message 5 of 131
See Most Recent

Just to add, eBay have now deleted my negative feedback I'd left for the seller. I said nothing libellous and used no foul language, simply writing "This has been my worst experience in over 20 years of using eBay". It seems that eBay would like to cover up this incident.

I can honestly say that after this experience I have no faith in eBay. It's certainly not worth risking making a purchase, knowing that you can end losing all of your money and not receiving what you'd paid for.

Message 6 of 131
See Most Recent

Hello this has just happened to me also I ordered a item then got a email saying It had been delivered at 5.46pm so when I got home shortly after my Hubby at 6.30 pm from work low and behold no parcel I let the seller know and they ignored ,e for 2 days finally they answered and said the resident had been handed the parcel lol I wasn't even home at time of delivery so I reported it to Ebay ect amd they are sating seller responded so It looks like I am gonna lose my money be aware what's happening with this Aqualine I didn't even know they delivered around England 

Message 7 of 131
See Most Recent

I was also kippered by Aquiline. If I wrote here what I really thought about them and about the seller who claimed to have used them, my post would be deleted.

Message 8 of 131
See Most Recent

Incorrect. The courier states falsely that the item was delivered and eBay believes them.  I experienced this myself - you can check an old thread of mine.

Message 9 of 131
See Most Recent

Same happened to me.

Message 10 of 131
See Most Recent

Same here.

Message 11 of 131
See Most Recent

Disgraceful and there being allowed to get away with it shame on Ebay who will now lose another of customers

Sent from Outlook for Android<>
Message 12 of 131
See Most Recent

I'm gonna do a Tik Tok video on Aqualine people need to know we're in Engkand and I have never heard of this delivery name or tracking

Message 13 of 131
See Most Recent

I've just got the message from Ebay seller has responded ro me and the seller claims the parcel was personally handed to me in the hand we was not at home when it was deliveredI now check on Ebay are they UK based and who do they use for delivery if I order in future tlook for Android<>
Message 14 of 131
See Most Recent

Everyone please report this company and the seller(s) to both eBay and the police. I made a similar post about this company last month which appears to have gone unnoticed.

Message 15 of 131
See Most Recent

I ordered from Ebay from a man called Andrew Patterson ACP supplies and he has used Acquelinne is acquelline doing the scam or the people who Weare ordering from..

Message 16 of 131
See Most Recent

This was the company that my umbrella was never delivered by and a fake tracking number provided:

https://aquiline-tracking.com/

Moreover, eBay had the gall to tell me to contact them - firstly, if you look at their website, their email address is spelt wrongly. Secondly, even when I emailed them spelling it correctly, they never replied. I was then told by eBay to call them - yeah right, I am expected to call a tel no in Sharjah. Cynics might say that eBay is enabling conmen ...

Message 17 of 131
See Most Recent

People not recieving stuff and tracking saying delivered is getting more common on here.

So long as you pay by card or paypal you can usually get a refund.

Message 18 of 131
See Most Recent

The problem lies with eBay believing fraudulent courier companies who provide a fake tracking number and who obviously cannot provide incontrovertible proof of delivery (eg an actual photo). They believe the tracking company if it says "delivered" and a tracking number is provided (fake or otherwise) and then side with the courier - even if it is an umbrella shipped from Sharjah, UAE on a Saturday morning and "delivered" (sic) to London the same day. I guess it's possible that Mary Poppins was on the end of my umbrella, not that I reside at 17 Cherry Tree Lane.

Message 19 of 131
See Most Recent

It's disgusting behaviour I am in Retail and we all know its illegal ..

Message 20 of 131
See Most Recent
Got buying related questions? Start here: