Aquiline tracking scam BEWARE

Hi, 

I recently bought an item on the 16th January 2023 which was supposed to be located in ilford Essex from an Ebay seller. When the item hadn't arrived 2 weeks after the purchase date I contacted the seller to report that item hadn't arrived and the Aquiline tracking number they had posted  on Ebay showed the item was  still in transit so presumably had been lost i posted a screenshot of the tracking info as proof and said i would like a refund. The seller replied apologies for me not receiving they would check with the courier, fast forward to the next day and the seller replied stating delivery was made on the 19th January, and when I checked the tracker had been updated

I had never heard of AQUILINE so I tried a few different websites to try and track my item and they all showed my item originated in the USA and was destined for the USA which in itself was odd because I live in the UK and the item was supposed to be located in ilford. I contacted the seller again and refuted the claim my item was delivered to my address, I asked 3 times for the name of the actual courier service that had delivered the item and proof of delivery either a signature of photo of the item being accepted. The seller totally ignored my requests and just kept posting a link to a website that showed the item as delivered. To cut a long story short,

I then escalated the matter to ebay who asked the seller to contact me which he did but the bog standard replies were the same. The seller then asked ebay to resolve the matter and they closed the case because the item showed as delivered. I then rang customer service to appeal the decision to be told I can't unless I get proof the item wasn't delivered from Aquiline. They have no contact information on the website ??? 

By this time I was absolutely seething so as I had paid on my credit card I spoke to my bank and explained what had happened and that I had proof the item had never left the USA despite the tracking on Aquilines website showing delivery was made, as I was told I could apply for a charge back through my bank.

I then messaged the seller saying that the whole thing was an absolute scam and they sold me something they had no intention of delivering and I was going to apply for a refund via a charge back with my bank and they could fight it out with my credit card provider.

Lo and behold 2 hours later I have a message from the seller saying they have investigated and the courier delivered to the wrong address and they will refund me !!!!!

So this was obviously a scam 

I will be closing my Ebay account as soon as the refund is processed in future I will only buy online through Amazon or other reputable websites because Ebay are allowing sellers to use this AQUILINE to scam their customers. The moral of this is never give up and always pay with a credit card

Message 1 of 131
See Most Recent
130 REPLIES 130

Ebay know about this scam x x

Sent from Outlook for Android<>
Message 41 of 131
See Most Recent

I just received a package from a seller that had an Aquiline tracking number and it was delivered by Amazon as a gift. So seller is listing items for sale and then ordering from Amazon.

Message 42 of 131
See Most Recent

Aquiline are a fake courier firm - with a fake email address - based (apparently) in Sharjah, UAE.

Message 43 of 131
See Most Recent

What kosher courier firm cannot even spell its own email address correctly ... just look at their website: Copyright © 2003–2023 www.aquiline-aero.com All Rights Reserved. Aquiline International Corporation LTD
Our Corporation | Our World | Our Aircraft | Our Job | Our Partners | How You Find US | Support@aqiuline-tracking.com

Message 44 of 131
See Most Recent

You've been lucky, I can't even get a response from eBay now, they were going to respond to my last message in 48 hours, that was 72 hours ago.  Have messaged again with fingers crossed, next step their CEO and Paypal.  Just wish I'd seen that they are scammers before I bought.

Message 45 of 131
See Most Recent

AQUILINE – Converting & Share tracking with eBay buyers for parcels being delivered by Amazon Logistics.

Aquiline International Corporation Ltd. is a United Arab Emirates based company specializing in charter flights mostly in the Middle East, Africa and Indonesia Regions

This is what i found by googling them, turns out they are not a courier company, they rent out planes to other companies and provide made up tracking info for packages shipped from Amazon for stuff listed on Ebay

Message 46 of 131
See Most Recent

I have been going on about them ever since I ordered an umbrella - ironically from a seller very close to me - and, despite Mary Poppins insisting that she had delivered it personally from her very own Fokker, it was a scam. Nothing had been delivered, a fake tracking number had been provided (which showed it had been delivered - quite possibly to the Banks family in error) & eBay found in favour of the seller. My negative feedback was removed and I had to apply (successfully) to David Tomlinson, I mean George Banks, for a charge back. Just look at their website, where they cannot even spell their own email address correctly. Cor blimey, was I kippered, Mary - it was no happy holiday for me, wish I'd ordered a kite to fly instead.

Message 47 of 131
See Most Recent

Like a bit of banter well done x x ..

Message 48 of 131
See Most Recent

Love it!

Message 49 of 131
See Most Recent

Oh dear - this sounds a familiar story:

‎14-05-2023 1:38 AM

The company never delivered item that I paid for, then gave FAKE SHIPPING COMPAMY SHPMX TRACKING NUMBER and then lied about actually delivering my item. Ebay then adds insult by closing my case and then denied my appeal both within less than 10 minutes after me filing. FROM this day on I will never buy from eBay again and I will tell my family, friends and co-workers about the entire disgraceful, thieves.

I really do think that eBay should compile a list of approved courier firms and insist that sellers put one of these names on their listing. All other, unapproved couriers should be prohibited and if a seller uses one, the sale is either cancelled or the buyer refunded - and the seller gets a warning.

Message 50 of 131
See Most Recent

I just had to reply to keep this thread alive!

I am a UK buyer that has  just lost out to the Aquiline tracking fraud.

I purchased from a UK seller.

When the item did not arrive the seller produced a link to aquiline-tracking.com that stated my item was delivered.

I have cctv that shows no delivery was attempted the day the tracking states.

I opened a dispute with ebay and their reply was that the item is showing as being delivered. Case closed.

I appealed, but was told again that the item is shown as delivered. Case fully closed.

So I went to paypal.

They contacted ebay and paypal got back to me to say 'Ebay say item was delivered' Case Closed.

So next step is to go to my credit card company.

I will report back what happens.

I  just can't believe that ebay are accepting the fake tracking and delivery info from aquiline.

Message 51 of 131
See Most Recent

I have been following this for the past few weeks after suffering the Aquiline fate of non delivery of an item and ebay finding in favour of the seller despite them only providing an Aquiline tracking number. No one will give me, or demand that the seller gives me, proper proof of delivery and the name of the carrier. So eBay's policies and money back guarantee are worthless.

Ebay also removed my negative feedback, that was not abusive.

I have been an eBay customer  for over 17 years, 100% feedback and use them regularly. Fortunately this loss was only £17 but could have been much more.

My advice is don't waste your time trying to appeal it because Aquiline won't give you the proof of non delivery, such as they lost it, that eBay requires, and eBay must know that.
I spent hours to and fro with eBay and got no where so I approached PayPal who have also rejected my claim because the seller has provided an acceptable proof of delivery, that being the Aquiline tracking  number. They totally ignored any of my submissions or details that it could have been dropshipped by USA Amazon by mistake as I found on another tracking site inferred.

Obviously I cannot trust either EBay or PayPal who think I am a liar anyway, so I am closing my accounts with them both.

Message 52 of 131
See Most Recent

Yes, I dont hold out much hope of getting my money back.

I will keep on persuing this as far as I can, within reason.

Its the principle more than anything.

My experience with ebay has been great until now. Been selling and buying for years.

I always felt secure that ebay would back me up if things went wrong.

I would never have believed that ebay would allow such an obvious scam as this.

I have certainly been telling all my friends, family and work colleagues about this.

Since I have been burned by this I examined my sellers feedback more closely. anythingrandomyouneed.

They have 98% so I didnt worry about ordering from them.

But over the last month there were about 6 complaints of aquiline tracking and not receiving the item.

Since I have submitted my negative feedback I have noticed the previous negative feedback warning of aquiline has been removed.

Apparently, if a buyer leaves negative feedback and then the buyer looses their appeal the seller can ask ebay to remove the negative  feedback.

This is seriously bad as it allows the seller to keep on with the scam and those buyers can't warn others through the feedback system.

Message 53 of 131
See Most Recent

Sorry to hear that we're all in the same boat.

I did get my money back as a 'gesture of goodwill' after emailing the CEO and copying it to the complaints, plus posting what had happened to me on every slot I could find on their site.  Silly people kept asking for feedback on my experience!  I doubt that my feedback survived very long. 

Now I check what postage method any one uses before purchasing,  don't use 'other courier' as there is more than 1 dodgy lot out there. 

I think we need to contact the media about the shameful way eBay is treating its customers.  I have been debating contacting Stephs Packed Lunch on Channel 4  or Watch Dog on the One Show.  If I were a member of Which I think they might also be interested.  Be good to see them under the spotlight! 

Keep fighting folks.

Message 54 of 131
See Most Recent

Great, we need to use every type of media to alert eBay users to the scammers they are in cahoots with

Message 55 of 131
See Most Recent

Glad to hear domeobe has had a goodwill payment. Paypal were sympathetic,( but stuck to the Ebay policy that the Aquiline tracking is proof of delivery), and offerred me a £10 goodwill gesture,  against my £17 loss. Ebay have offered nothing.  But as it is a matter of principle that both Paypal and Ebay are allowing these sellers to get  away without proper scrutiny and accountability I don't want their goodwill payment I just want them to close my accounts. That is proving quite difficult as they keep referring to the outstanding appeal that needs to be settled ...but they have closed the case!!!! 

Message 56 of 131
See Most Recent

Sorry it should say some body 

Message 57 of 131
See Most Recent

It beggars belief that this scam is still going on and that eBay refuses to act despite all the evidence and my having emailed the CEO a number of times. To all those who have been scammed, contact your bank and request a charge back and also email eBay's UK CEO (email address can be Googled).

Message 58 of 131
See Most Recent

I am also a victim of a scammer using Aquiline tracking. It appears to a business involved in the supply of dummy imitation tracking numbers.

Is there any way that Ebay can be persuaded of this and decline suspect tracking numbers on their platform. Ebay are currently stating that they have a delivery reported by Aquiline Tracking and therefore no further action is required on their part?

Message 59 of 131
See Most Recent

It has been going on to long Ebay needs to sort it out its a scam amd needs to be reported to someone else if Ebay don't sort it out trading standards ect it's daylight robbery all round check when you order up if it says other courier avoid,if it says Royal Mail then go ahead and order your in safe hands ..

Message 60 of 131
See Most Recent
Got buying related questions? Start here: