What can you hear?

mouse4702
Conversationalist

Me: the ticking of the clock; the hum of the computer; birds intermittently outside; the front (communal) door slamming and the voices of the nurses coming to see to the lady in the next flat; one cat noisily snoring; distant traffic.

Message 1 of 22
See Most Recent
21 REPLIES 21

Re: What can you hear?

I can hear my tabby cat purring, it's really loud!  Also son walking about upstairs and the occasional

train going past as railway is behind the houses opposite.

I'd love to hear the waves of the sea, I find it so soothing and therapeutic and, as I listen, I love to

forage on the beach for sea-glass, shells and interesting stuff to make things with.

Message 21 of 22
See Most Recent

Re: What can you hear?

@5129frederick wrote:

You can be in bed right next to your wife and not understand one word of what she's saying  - peace! Smiley LOL 

I can't understand a word mine says anyway.....

If my batteries went, I wouldn't even hear the click of a kettle - my left ear has an implant while the residual hearing in my right ear is operating at a loss of 100dB, so is virtually non-existant anyway.  When I'm driving I'm using my eyes rather than listening for other traffic as I can't rely on hearing sound from the right direction.

What I do hate when driving is if anyone puts the radio on or starts talking - those are the real distractions.  Not that I drive much anyway; it's bad for the environment - I think I only do about 600 miles a year and most of that is down to the supermarket run every 2 - 3 weeks.

Message 22 of 22
See Most Recent