What can you hear?

mouse4702
Conversationalist

Me: the ticking of the clock; the hum of the computer; birds intermittently outside; the front (communal) door slamming and the voices of the nurses coming to see to the lady in the next flat; one cat noisily snoring; distant traffic.

Message 1 of 22
See Most Recent
21 REPLIES 21

What can you hear?

The TV in here, but if I go outside I can only hear birds.

It used to be chickens and ducks and turkeys and goats and pigs and ..........................................you name it! Woman LOL

Message 2 of 22
See Most Recent

What can you hear?

Birds outside, pesky dog inside.
Message 3 of 22
See Most Recent

What can you hear?

Just the TV at the moment.

Message 4 of 22
See Most Recent

What can you hear?

Traffic, I'm at work on a high street. At home, waves which are really noisy if you live near a shingle beach. More M25 than a lullaby.

Message 5 of 22
See Most Recent

What can you hear?

Silence little mouse, only the birds at the feeder and one hall clock which clicks quite loudly.

Oh has gone for a walk, be about an hour, oh joy, bad girl.Woman Happy  Silence really is golden,

not often I am ever completely alone.

Nobody told me there'd be days like these,
Nobody told me there'd be days like these,
Strange days indeed, strange days indeed,
Most peculiar Mamma.....................................
Message 6 of 22
See Most Recent

What can you hear?

Radio Two at the moment. Birds & rippling waves about an hour ago.:)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I am made entirely of flaws stitched together with good intentions"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 7 of 22
See Most Recent

What can you hear?

The pump sucking the yucky stuff out of "the hole".

The phone ringing.

A call button buzzing.

Footsteps going past the door.

A social worker talking on the phone.

A trolley with a squeeky, wonky wheel.

Water glugging through the pipes.

Peace and quiet is a myth in here!

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Some days I pray for silence
Some days I pray for soul
Some days I just pray to the god of sex and drums and rock 'n' roll
Message 8 of 22
See Most Recent

What can you hear?

Traffic the road is busy at this time of day , will be quieter later .

Indoors our old 1940's school clock is ticking soothingly , i love the sound of an old clocks tick -tock 😄 

Pesky cat mewing for attention t1041.gif

What can you hear?

The telly, Hubby messing about and dog off checking what he is doing..... her foot falls. And my tintinitis. 😞 I wish it would go away!!!

Life is too short so enjoy it while you can!
Message 10 of 22
See Most Recent

What can you hear?

world of tanks in hubbys office next door bang bang bang he is totally obsessed with the dam thing

Message 11 of 22
See Most Recent

What can you hear?

Just the budgie chirping until 3pm, the the TV as well

Photobucket
Message 12 of 22
See Most Recent

What can you hear?

My son coughing,Emmerdale on the telly, and a cat crying cos it's hungry

Message 13 of 22
See Most Recent

What can you hear?

Emmerdale on the telly.
me tippy typing away on here
Nelly babbling to herself
and Kaysha and Alesha upsairs sounding like a herd of elephants apparently making up dance routine to show us later

“I don't trust anyone who doesn't laugh.”
Message 14 of 22
See Most Recent

What can you hear?

OH has the TV on, but if I go in the kitchen I can hear the owl whhooo ooooing outside. All the windows are shut too, he sure is a noisy critter.

oh and the humming in me 'earoles...tinitus...yuk

Photobucket

Message 15 of 22
See Most Recent

What can you hear?

Just had to watch a littlie's rendition of river dance , looked more like flood defence flapping to me but Nelly does look cute with a tutu on her head .................................. has driven me to drink though vino here I come

“I don't trust anyone who doesn't laugh.”
Message 16 of 22
See Most Recent

What can you hear?

The joys of littlies.  They are so comical.

Message 17 of 22
See Most Recent

What can you hear?

Just the clock ticking ....nothing else ....

TV is on pause because hubby has just decided the dog might fancy a little walk down the lane and around the churchyard .....they will be back soon and she will kick off big time because she thinks she needs feeding every time she has been out ....

She also thinks she needs feeding if the door opens , if she looks out of the door , if anyone goes out of the door ...if anyone comes in through the door ....

Just seen them come back through the gate ...here goes ...big noise ....FEED ME NOW !!!!!
Message 18 of 22
See Most Recent

What can you hear?

If my batteries go flat - nothing at all. Right now, however, just the humming of the computer and every now and again the noise of the trains coming past the bottom of the garden and the occasional aircraft above.
Message 19 of 22
See Most Recent

What can you hear?

I empathize with you on that one.  Both of my hearing aids died out on me once while I was down on holiday and it was a full week before I could get them sorted out.  It's terrible - you live in your own world where the only thing you can hear is the click of a kettle.  You can be in bed right next to your wife and not understand one word of what she's saying  - peace! Smiley LOL or the television or a dog barking, seagulls screaming, the phone ringing, but most scary of all, you can't hear the traffic.  Having to drive in a totally silent world is quite frightening - you have to really concentrate.  Hearing the traffic tells your brain the situation instantly.  People don't believe me when I say hearing helps balance your body, but it does.  

Message 20 of 22
See Most Recent